Oops...

Dave226

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well Tula gave birth to 6 kittens... two were stillborn, two only lived for a few minutes, I did every thing I possibly could to bring them back. The 5th one seemed strong and fine when I went to sleep at 3 am, I checked on them at 4:30 every one seemed fine but when I checked again at 7:15 the kitten was dead :bawling:

I am so heartbroken.

Is it common to lose almost a whole litter like that? I thought maybe one or two, but 5?

# 1 took a while coming out, like I was borderline going to rush her to the vet. Then 2, 3, 4, 5 came out VERY close together. # 6 (whom I have decided to call lucky) is the only one left...

She keeps moving the healthy kitten back to our bed (which unfortunately is where she gave birth).

I don't know... really really sad...
That's awful I hope "lucky" lives up to his name I thought I was unlucky losing two kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mom is well :) she is a very attentive!

So far so good with him living up to his name. He is a very playful little guy and has brightened up our lives. It will be difficult to let him go at 13 weeks!

Attachments

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha ha well I already told my hubby that if no one in our family will take him he is staying with us (although I imagine that it will be a fight between my grandmother and my mother in law about who gets to bring him home!)

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha well my MIL informed me Christmas eve that she already contacted her vet and has an appointment for 16 weeks for Luckys needles and an appointment in just over 6 months to have him fixed! So looks like there was no fight after all lol

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So some what unrelated, but what is the chance of having two silent calling female Siamese? I was under the impression that having even one was very rare.

I thought Tilly was a late bloomer as she is over 6 months and I have not witnessed her come to call. No howling, no being overly affectionate, or making a gurgle/growling noise when petted behind the bum or the tell-a-tale butt in the air. NOTHING! Like Tula makes zero noise other than that gurgle/growl noise when you pet her and having her butt in the air.

So since talking peanut alerted me to the fact that my females could be mated and become pregnant while not in heat; I have Tula in our bedroom with the kitten (once kitten is gone she will be down stairs with Tilly), my intact and neutered male on the main floor and my other intact female in our basement/ kids play room. Although my neutered male does float between the main floor and basement with Tilly.

We have a cat door between the main level and the basement, that was there so my cats could have the run of the house (originally) but has since been locked.

I went out to shovel some snow today, as I was coming in I heard this weird Growl/ howl coming from the house from the garage. I rushed in and there was both of my intact cats together! Tilly was rolling around and licking herself.

Apparently some one learned how to open the freaking cat door!! I have since super glued the latch shut.

I loved Siamese because they are smart but holy crap :angrywoman:

I knew having intact cats wasn't going to be easy but never in a million years did I think it would be this darn hard to keep them apart. Like its been like two months since we changed the set up and no one has touched the lock!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've heard of breeders who have a granny house type building for their intact males to ensure there is zero chance of an accidental mating. Determined cats will usually find a way around pesky things like doors.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! It sounds like they mated and she is very likely now pregnant... What do you want to do?

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I am going to call my vet in the morning and make an appointment and see what they think.

I do not want her to potentially have issues health wise by having kittens too young. So I will talk to them and see what the best course of action is for Tilly. If it means aborting and spaying then so be it.