Oops...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... that's kind of cute. :catlove: And a bit weird, I guess. ;)
Did Tula usually sleep at the foot of your bed? Maybe she just needs a bit of her pre-mama life back. :catman:
Glad Lucky is gaining and doing well. Feel free to post more pictures. :camera:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All 4 cats and two dogs would usually sleep in bed with us. It's funny because every one knows the routine, let the dogs out for a pee and then start turning lights off. As soon as the lights start going off all animals head upstairs and wait at our bedroom door. I think it confuses them now that they aren't allowed in there lol

I am happy that she trusts us enough to drop kitten off for us to snuggle though!

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... what a sweet darling. :catrub:And, of course she trusts you. You're the grand-parents. :petcat:

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was 99g Sunday afternoon, so 21g gain since then. I usually weigh him in the morning and afternoon/evening. So I will weigh him again before I go to work tonight

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Are all feline species born with closed eyes? What about canine species?

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes both kittens and puppies are born with their eyes and ears closed :) so they are blind and deaf, and use their sniffer to find where the food is!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
And lions, tigers, wolves etc as well?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is excellent! I hope it continues. :)

His goal weights week by week for his first month should be 4oz, 8 ounces, 12 ounces, and 16 ounces.

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awesome! He is already 5.15 oz and on day 5, I hope it continues!
He is getting stronger, climbing around the basket, trying to stand up on his front legs (although he wobbles and falls over).

Tula still continues to bring him out of the basket, dropping him in the bed or on the floor. It makes it extremely hard to get a proper sleep as I an constantly waking up to make sure either she has not put him on the floor or that I am not going to roll onto him in our bed.

I am wondering if she doesn't like the heating pad, I always have it on low or medium depending on how warm Lucky is or how warm it is in our room. I don't know how else to make sure he stays warm without the body heat from his litter mates..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The heating pad should always be on low - never higher - and it should be under a blanket. The kitten should never lie directly on top of it. It has to be under one layer of cloth.

Also, there should be room in the nest for mom and kitten to move off the heating pad area if the area is too warm for them.

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Under the whole thing, but I have it under two layers (the cover and then a towel) on one side and then 4 layers on the other side (cover, towel and then another towel folded in half)

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually I lied the other half is covered by 6 layers not 4. I will continue to keep it on low