Not Sure If My Cat Is Pregnant..But Concerned :(

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been reading through your post for last hour ! I hadnt seen the post before so it was like a full story ![emoji]128516[/emoji] I'm glad family are ok ! First vet sounded awful! I understand they want all cats spayed which makes sense as so many people just let their cat have litters to sell them and earn money and kot know where they end up ! But you're keeping baby and the her fur parents and getting them all fixed so the vet should have praised you ! I actually thought Baby was what you named her and was thinking that was really cute name like Baby from dirty dancing lol ) - them tou said you hadn't named her yet ! Vets do sound expensive there ! The vets we go to have a 'first kitten bundle deal' . Have first health check , first 2 vacinations, fworminb, a micro chip fitted and 4 weeks free insurance for £45 !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been reading through your post for last hour ! I hadnt seen the post before so it was like a full story ![emoji]128516[/emoji] I'm glad family are ok ! First vet sounded awful! I understand they want all cats spayed which makes sense as so many people just let their cat have litters to sell them and earn money and kot know where they end up ! But you're keeping baby and the her fur parents and getting them all fixed so the vet should have praised you ! I actually thought Baby was what you named her and was thinking that was really cute name like Baby from dirty dancing lol ) - them tou said you hadn't named her yet ! Vets do sound expensive there ! The vets we go to have a 'first kitten bundle deal' . Have first health check , first 2 vacinations, fworminb, a micro chip fitted and 4 weeks free insurance for £45 !
That is a crazy deal! I wish there was something like that here :( cheapest I found here was 75$ for just the examination, all of the flea treatment, vaccines and deworming are extra. From having my other two, I know that deworming is around 30$ per deworming per cat, flea treatment is around the same (depending on weight) and vaccines are about 150$ because you always have to get an exam done with them :( it's ridiculous. Thanks for reading my post though! [emoji]128522[/emoji] everyone is doing well, baby didn't gain much weight in the last 24 hours which is odd but I'll keep an eye on it. It waivers each day so I'm sure tomorrow she'll gain a whole bunch :p

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah as I've mentioned in here many times gracie is first ever cat my partner and I have ever had ! We were both brought up with dogs so it's been an experience and this site has really helped me ! She's now nearly 6 months old and couldn't imagine life without her ! She's laid next to me now like a loaf of bread ! Well done ! God it does sound we have good deal ! Partner said he only paid £8 for last deworming tablet and he even got the vet to put it down Gracie's neck too ! you are doing well and baby looks so cute

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah as I've mentioned in here many times gracie is first ever cat my partner and I have ever had ! We were both brought up with dogs so it's been an experience and this site has really helped me ! She's now nearly 6 months old and couldn't imagine life without her ! She's laid next to me now like a loaf of bread ! Well done ! God it does sound we have good deal ! Partner said he only paid £8 for last deworming tablet and he even got the vet to put it down Gracie's neck too ! you are doing well and baby looks so cute
Thanks!! She has brought lots of light and love into our little family :)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
3-4 weeks is like my favorite time when I have kittens. THEY ARE JUST ADORABLE! And they are just learning the world around them! They just want to love you!

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is definitely a bundle of cuteness! SO much personality! Just like Bella :) she's in love with my boyfriend and has officially claimed a spot in bed already hahah

happychick1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww she is gorgeous.  my calico had 5 on wednesday 1st march, but the tiny runt died which i feel awful about.  So we have two ginger with a bit of white, one black and one black with a smudge of ginger on her back and very small white smudge to mouth.  everytime i pick them up for weighing they try to his but nothing comes out - well i think its an attempt at hissing.  i just hope they have the same temperament as mum xx 

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aww she is gorgeous.  my calico had 5 on wednesday 1st march, but the tiny runt died which i feel awful about.  So we have two ginger with a bit of white, one black and one black with a smudge of ginger on her back and very small white smudge to mouth.  everytime i pick them up for weighing they try to his but nothing comes out - well i think its an attempt at hissing.  i just hope they have the same temperament as mum xx 
I hope everything goes okay! I'm so sorry one passed :( in a way I'm glad bella only had one, I'm not sure that I could have handled any more since she has needed so much help. They probably are trying to hiss, baby tried to hiss at me when I picked her up. She hisses at my boyfriend when he's too loud now that her eyes and ears are open.

happychick1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All but one of the kittens eyes are starting to open now. Not sure but think ours are one week behind. Two have homes already to go to when ready (my next door neighbour and another neighbour opposite me). Im so tempted to keep the remaining two (even though i have a few already!) because my house is in a rural small town with a farmers land at the back of our houses.

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's great! We decided to keep baby right away so they would be a little family :) I actually thought Baby was a week ahead because she seems to be advancing one week ahead of the development stages I've read

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should gain a minimum of 6-10 grams per day. A kitten should weigh about 8 ounces at 2 weeks, 12 ounces at 3 weeks, and 16 ounces (1 pound) at one month, then gain about a pound a month each month for the next 6 months.

There can be plateaus, but overall the kitten should gain weight. More gains than the above is fine too. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, she was only gaining about 6 grams a day the last 6 days except yesterday she gained 18 grams. Today she weight 535 grams. She's really active, walks everywhere, has a little run/jump haha it's cute. Bella puts a lot of time inbetween feeds, especially at night because baby has now claimed a spot in bed lol :) so she feeds at about 10:30 pm, sometimes at 1 am sometimes not, then again at 7 am.

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay good, I wasn't sure if her gaining less weight for the last week was a sign of a problem. I do have to get her into a vet though because I think she may have an ear infection. Either that or she's having trouble focusing her vision :/

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you mean mama kitty? What's going on?
No, baby. She shakes her head sometimes. I'm not sure if she's just trying to focus or if she's got an ear infection. I cleaned her ears yesterday and the weren't that dirty, not ear mite dirty..but because she's wobbly andstill has the "neurological thing" I can't really pinpoint what's happening or why she shakes her head sometimes

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, okay. I recall that baby has an issue. Perhaps the vet could put her on antibiotics. When can you get her in?