Not Sure If My Cat Is Pregnant..But Concerned :(

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First breathe in and out don't panic she can and so can Baby feel or sense your stress and worry and she will then get stressed so please it's OK breathe in and out and I'm sure if you calm down first you will feel better[emoji]128515[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She needs antibiotics to clear the infection. It won't go away on its own, and it's painful. You'll need to call a vet to see her right away. The warm compress can only offer a tiny bit of temporary relief.

The kitten weighs 15 ounces at not quite 3 weeks. Normal 4-week weight is 16 ounces. Kitten is very healthy!

Last edited:

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor Bella she does need a vet stat but please clam yourself first and relax while you take her I know it's hard so e your baby is hurting but you are strong you can do it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so in the meantime I should keep bella away from baby? Don't let her feed her right? Should I make kmr for her?

She goes quite a long time without feeding. .sometimes 5 or 6 hours in between. She's quite alert and already walking. She hates the syringe though haha, tried to give her water in it a few times and she really didn't like it so if I'm going to have to hand feed her I'm probably going to have to get a bottle :/

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can the kitten use a different nipple? How soon can you get mom to a vet?

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know I'm waiting to hear back from a different vet. The kitten goes for the same nipple every time, I can try to get her to use a different one? Wouldn't she still be prone to infection though?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's possible, but she's already been nursing on the infected nipple. When mom gets antibiotics, the kitten will get those through the milk as well.

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so I should just try to get her to use a different nipple, not stop her from feeding from mom

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can try to give the kitten some KMR, but she may fight you since she is accustomed to mom.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are persistent, so you need to be persistent, too. Keep trying and move her to a new nipple every few minutes. Since Baby hasn't been sucking on them, each one won't have much milk. If you can get her to nurse for even a minute, they will produce more milk.

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay we've been to the vet! She's fine. 100 dollars later.. that mammary gland is just full of milk because baby only feeds from that one so I have to help expel some of the milk sometimes. Other than that..healthy! My boyfriend keeps telling me to lay off the Internet because I keep getting myself into problems that aren't really there and worrying myself about nothing. Starting to think he's right :/

Last edited:

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Possibly lol relax yourself and don't get carried into crazy stuff because it is not fun. In real life to it isn't fun at all and can suck really bad

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I say better safe than sorry. You would have continued to worry non-stop had you not been reassured by the vet. Your description sounded like mastitis. It still sounds like her nipple is sore. Keep applying the oil.

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Agreed as the oil should help her and make it better per say so you won't anything to worry about (especially Baby) because I'm sure you care about your cat and it's baby

bellabean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Being on disability doesn't make it easy. And I obviously care about all of my babies, thank you. I'll continue to follow vet directions and return if either of them show any of the symptoms she mentioned today.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was the office visit alone $100, or did the vet run tests? That sounds very high for just an exam.