New Kittens

2azwildcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those kittens are so cute and healthy looking! What are you going to do with them? I think I'd have to keep them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those kittens are so cute and healthy looking! What are you going to do with them? I think I'd have to keep them.
We are keeping both of them, they are so sweet and have such big personalities already. :redheartpump:

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi sorry for yet another question :) so the bigger kitten is what I think is a mackerel she has a spotty belly as seen but her fur on her belly is like skin? It feels like fur but isn't white like the other kitten it's more cream. Is that common in some tabby's?

Attachments

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, it’s a version of white.
Oh good my partner asked me why she was bald underneath then it made me notice it more! :lol: her roots to her hair are actually very light and her body looks more grey than her head so she's a mixture of colour!:)

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she’s brown. Benji when he was a young kitten looked more grey but now he is definitely a brown.
Yes I am wondering whether she will do the same! Her head colour is very different to her body at the moment and both kittens have creamy bits on them as well. I love how different they both are!

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten update. So the kittens are 5 weeks old today! The size difference is very obvious still but both healthy and happy. One problem they will not even look at food or water? Mum is still feeding them although not half as often I'm guessing because they are older? We have tried wet food and hard food and they just ignore it! Anything else I can try or do we just wait until they are ready?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They will transition when they are ready, probably in the next couple of weeks. You can try Gerber turkey baby food.

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They will transition when they are ready, probably in the next couple of weeks. You can try Gerber turkey baby food.
Thank you, I see so many posts of kittens much younger eating food and was thinking maybe something was wrong! They like to play in the water bowls and that's as close as we have gotten yet. Poor mum keeps taking food into the bed for them too?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mama is trying because she knows it’s time. It won’t be long. They are on the cusp! :)