New Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
New update :)
Kittens are 244grams and 278 grams and they are 10 days old! Their eyes are slowly opening too! Any ways to see whether they are short or long haired? One of them seems to have a fluffier coat but I know that all kittens have kitten fuzz. Mum is short hair but have no idea on the father. Ill try get some pictures although its easier said than done :lol:

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just fluffy kitten fur or potentially medium haired?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They look like they will be little fluff bunnies! Are their tails fluffy? :lovecat2:

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They look like they will be little fluff bunnies! Are their tails fluffy? :lovecat2:
Their tails are a little fluffy thins out near the end though. Their eyes are still opening slowly is that normal at 11 days old? The bigger one is much more mobile she likes to try and follow mum when she goes to eat :lovecat:

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The third kitten, 633.jpg looks like a potential floof
I guess I will see as they get a bit older :) Ive only ever see short haired tom cats around here so I guess getting a long haired kitten from 2 short haired parents is rare if not impossible?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It all depends on the genes as to what you get.

Longer-haired kittens open their eyes later than short-haired ones. Anywhere between 5 and 14 days is normal.

Enjoy the kittens! They will get big in no time flat! :)

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is very true they have changed so much already in just 11 days! Still weighing them every 24 hours they are now 266grams and 297grams as you can see by the most recent pictures the size differences are looking more obvious although the smaller one seems rounder and fluffier. The both love a good belly rub and seem to know me and like me until I weigh them :lol:

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Never had a tabby with a spotty belly I wonder if they will turn to stripes!

GlitterKittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful kittens, they seem very chilled with you handling them, and is that a little bit of self grooming coming in there? thank you for posting the clip :) I think you might be lucky with those belly spots

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They both seem really chilled and relaxed and love a belly rub. Its the first time ive seen the self grooming but ive noticed them playing with each other a lot now which is so sweet :redheartpump: they are both so different in the way they look and personality :)

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi could someone offer some help with a sticky eye? The all tabby girl woke up earlier with an eye stuck shut and some yellow around it? I have washed with salt warm water. Ive seen terramycin but we can't buy that here in the UK any alternates?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m in the U.S. and don’t know. Can you ask your vet?