New Kittens

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am new here and hoping this is the right place for any advice that may be needed. My 3 year old cat Matilda had 2 kittens today (not sure on time as we noticed she was looking less pregnant and found 2 kittens under the bed :) both kittens were clean and content when we found them and since we have moved her and them she is happy. I weighed them as soon as I found them and the were 127 and 128grams are those good weights? Mum is a small cat and a house cat who decided to get out for 3 weeks and after lots of searching and upset she came back.....pregnant! She also looks still a bit pregnant but maybe that's just normal after a birth or could she have more? Thank you :)

GlitterKittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great weights! There could be more but it could also be that much like women it tales a little while for everything to go back into place. All feeding well? Congratulations

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great weights! There could be more but it could also be that much like women it tales a little while for everything to go back into place. All feeding well? Congratulations
She has been with them all day and both been feeding although they still want to fight over 1 nipple even though she has plenty to go around for just 2 of them! Mum is due her worming in a few days is it OK to give her the panacur paste whilst she's feeding?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad she came back!

Best to check with the vet before worming. How often are you deworming her?

Are you able to keep her completely inside until the kittens have weaned? Will you spay her at that point?

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She won't be going out again she had never even tried to go out before and we have had her since she was 12 weeks old but we will definitely be getting her spayed incase she ever gets out again! She's wormed and flead regularly the paste we used around 4 times a year and she's overdue now. Here are the 2 babies

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sweet! Mom can be spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old; it’s much better for her health even if she is indoor only. You might want to make the appointment now.

I would also recommend that you have the kittens fixed before they are rehomed.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She won't be going out again she had never even tried to go out before and we have had her since she was 12 weeks old but we will definitely be getting her spayed incase she ever gets out again! She's wormed and flead regularly the paste we used around 4 times a year and she's overdue now. Here are the 2 babies
Cute babies!!:) What de-flea and anti parasite paste are you referring to? I have never heard of a "paste". Maybe I am not interpreting something correctly here. If there is a paste, would like to hear more about it.

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cute babies!!:) What de-flea and anti parasite paste are you referring to? I have never heard of a "paste". Maybe I am not interpreting something correctly here. If there is a paste, would like to hear more about it.
We use advantage for fleas and we use panacur paste it's what the vets have always given us and now I buy it online as it''s a lot cheaper

bklyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Starting weights are strong, and you want to see weight gains of about 10 grams or more a day. Weigh at consistent times at least once a day, but ideally morning and night. They seem to be doing well so far.

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Starting weights are strong, and you want to see weight gains of about 10 grams or more a day. Weigh at consistent times at least once a day, but ideally morning and night. They seem to be doing well so far.
Ok I will try to weigh around the same times every day :) cant believe the weight of them but she was so big I was sure she had more than 2!

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Weights this evening
Tabby 159grams
Tabby and white 154 grams
So 19g and 24g gains in around 36 hours? I think they are both girls too

GlitterKittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Growing nicely then. Well done, you and Matilda totally have this so far. You could always post pics of their rear ends to help confirm gender. Some pics of their faces would be cute too ;)

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Growing nicely then. Well done, you and Matilda totally have this so far. You could always post pics of their rear ends to help confirm gender. Some pics of their faces would be cute too ;)
Look at the spotty belly on one of them

Attachments

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys need some advice if possible :) one of the two kittens seems congested she is feeding and gaining although she is lighter but still gaining minimum 10 grams a day. She has no discharge or anything and she sounds worse when I pick her up and she wants to cry! Shes warm and content otherwise so just wondering whether the sound is anything to be concerned about?