New Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m in the U.S. and don’t know. Can you ask your vet?
I called the vet he said to wash with salt water and see how it is tomorrow. He knows that I don't drive so to take them all to the vets isn't easy plus Matilda hates the carrier so gets so stressed I'm worried she wouldn't cope. Ive not noticed anymore since ive cleaned it but ill see how it is in the morning and if its worse ill get it seen too. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is there not a similar product available online in your country? We can order it without prescription here.

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there not a similar product available online in your country? We can order it without prescription here.
I cant seem to find anything online which is annoying! Ive spoke to a friend who is a breeder and she mentioned optrex infected eye drops? Anything I need to look out for with the eye? Don't want it to be the start of something bad.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just watch for the eye sticking shut and with green or yellow mucus. That indicates bacterial infection that requires antibiotic ointment or drops.

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok ill see how it all is tomorrow. What can cause an eye infection? I feel awful that she has it :(

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
New kitten update :) both are doing great and the biggest one is now 448grams! :eek: the smaller one is 378 grams and they are now 18 days old :rbheart: I'm pretty sure they are both girls!

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear they are doing well! It looks like they're girls to me from the photos above. :)
Thank you I thought so but with the darker one it made me question as she is fluffier and its harder to see :lol: when do their ears start coming up? Cant believe the size difference too!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you I thought so but with the darker one it made me question as she is fluffier and its harder to see :lol: when do their ears start coming up? Cant believe the size difference too!
I had to Google, since I've never had much experience with newborn kittens, but the internet tells me that their ears should start showing at ages 2/3 weeks. :)

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For some added kitten cuteness. She cant quite figure me out yet :)

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are 3 weeks old today :hearthrob: weights are now 407grams and 488grams. Both moving and playing around following mum everywhere especially when she is eating! Notice the size difference!

Attachments

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone just a quick question when do kittens start slowing down with their weight gain? They are now up and walking everywhere in there area and playing great with each other too. Mum is leaving them more often but still feeding regularly. Does this mean their weights slow down and when do you stop checking that they are gaining at least 10 grams a day?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Weight gain is rapid the first 6 months for kittens. Continue to weigh until they reach a pound or so and begin weaning. Once they begin eating food they will grow and gain even faster.

Kittens should weigh one pound at 4 weeks, and 2 pounds at 8 weeks, so need to gain about 4 ounces per week. They should gain about a pound a month the first 6 months.

laurenjayne89x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok great both are over 1 pound already and are 4 weeks in 4 days time. I'm still weighing daily but its becoming more and more difficult they move so much!