New feral cat - is it Pauli or Paula. / It's Paula and we have kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is adorable-what a beautiful baby-whats his name?
I haven't named the kittens yet. Maybe people who will adopt the kittens would rather choose a name themselves?

Placing an ad can be risky.
Here in the Netherlands that is kind of the usual way and quite safe.

Will you be keeping special kitty?
He is even sleeping on my lap right now as I am typing this, while the other kittens are playing. He is really fond of me and always wants to sit on my lap. So it will be difficult to part with him, though if someone would come who can really give him all he needs, then that is a possibility. It is also not sure yet how it will go with his legs, so I don't think anyone would adopt him at this moment.

about $50
Thanks, yeah, I read quite a bit about it. And potential adopters have to pay for the vaccinations which I have done already, two vaccinations in total would be about 150 dollars, so that is what I imagine they have to pay.

Sleeping on my lap as I write this reply. :)

PXL_20230929_202131636.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
C cat_dad_dan

I'm Italian,I'd call him Benito,it means "Blessed one".....Benny❤

He should have a name ( me thinks).....whoever adopts them can change their names if they like and you would think people are likely to but over the years I noticed that the majority of people that adopt seem to keep their given names..

Timmy is the first cat that I didn't change his name but he's 7 and I suppose he is a Timmy(Timothy-Greek " in God's Honor")

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
12 weeks! :wave3:

Thanks Kwik Kwik , I decided to name them all. I liked your suggestion but when I wanted to use it Bertus came out, an old fashioned Dutch name. So Bertus it is. ;)

He unfortunately has diarrhea at the moment, but I went to the vet with him and he got special food for easier digestion with added electrolytes etc. And some medicine. Hopefully he will recover soon. He is still a bit difficult with food, but it's ok now. The vet still doesn't really now what to do with his legs. They don't want to make an x-ray yet, only at some later point, maybe from when he is 6 months.

Pauli is still a good mother, they are all still nursing with her and she is taking good care of them.

PXL_20231009_155712647.jpg

PXL_20231008_164809716.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
12 weeks! :wave3:

Thanks Kwik Kwik , I decided to name them all. I liked your suggestion but when I wanted to use it Bertus came out, an old fashioned Dutch name. So Bertus it is. ;)

He unfortunately has diarrhea at the moment, but I went to the vet with him and he got special food for easier digestion with added electrolytes etc. And some medicine. Hopefully he will recover soon. He is still a bit difficult with food, but it's ok now. The vet still doesn't really now what to do with his legs. They don't want to make an x-ray yet, only at some later point, maybe from when he is 6 months.

Pauli is still a good mother, they are all still nursing with her and she is taking good care of them.

View attachment 461240
View attachment 461241
What great photos- they really are beautiful..... so happy you named them all " Bertus" sounds wonderful

So what are all their names?

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gee you take great photos! Love the names - so glad they have names now❤Good going Daddy Dan
Thank you! ❤

Today they all got the 2nd vaccination and now at almost 13 weeks I put an ad out, so that we can find some nice forever homes for them. Bittersweet, they are a nice bunch, but new adventures await for them. And for me as well, probably have to move out here soon. Don't worry though, Pauli will come along and of course (most likely) Bertus.

This is a video of Pauli a day before giving birth (the day I posted the first post on this forum). I was planning to leave for a few days and I bought an automatic pet feeder to be able to feed Pauli. I was testing it out but Pauli figured out how it worked. First she knocked it over and got the food then she tried this. With hindsight she was probably extremely hungry before giving birth.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! ❤

Today they all got the 2nd vaccination and now at almost 13 weeks I put an ad out, so that we can find some nice forever homes for them. Bittersweet, they are a nice bunch, but new adventures await for them. And for me as well, probably have to move out here soon. Don't worry though, Pauli will come along and of course (most likely) Bertus.

This is a video of Pauli a day before giving birth (the day I posted the first post on this forum). I was planning to leave for a few days and I bought an automatic pet feeder to be able to feed Pauli. I was testing it out but Pauli figured out how it worked. First she knocked it over and got the food then she tried this. With hindsight she was probably extremely hungry before giving birth.

Oh I'm so thrilled that Pauli & Bertus are going with their Daddy- best news EVER! You've just got a FAN..... Thank you for all you have done,all you do and for adopting those 2:heartshape::cheerleader:

And yes,I agree- the other babies deserve to be the main attraction in their up and coming forever homes❤

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I seem to only get replies from people who want to adopt one kitten (the little sister is the most popular), now I have been reading quite a bit about it and letting kittens stay together and have a housemate seems to be the right choice. Though the people who reply seem friendly and real cat lovers, but the kittens really enjoy playing together, and it is hard to imagine them all alone in a new environment.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My Bella was one of a bonded pair- the trauma that poor little thing went through when someone adopted her sister was horrible- that little thing did not stop screaming until I took her home and handed her over to my Graycie....Graycie did well for little Bella and was a tremendous help but prefers to stay to her own space so Bella bonded with me,she's extremely attached and needy- could've been a much better start for her to remain with her sibling,the sibling did very well and is a singleton

If it's possible,,hold out -they do so much better in pairs

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
your decision to adopt out in pairs
they do so much better in pairs
Thanks! Though I don't think adopting out in pairs is going to work because of Bertus, so only 3 cats left. I don't minder adopting out one at a time, if the new environment has other kittens or energetic young cats. I found one person who is adopting 3 kittens from different litters and that person wanted to adopt the little sister, so that might work as well. And the two bigger brothers can go together.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Though I don't think adopting out in pairs is going to work because of Bertus, so only 3 cats left. I don't minder adopting out one at a time, if the new environment has other kittens or energetic young cats. I found one person who is adopting 3 kittens from different litters and that person wanted to adopt the little sister, so that might work as well. And the two bigger brothers can go together.
Sound good!