Need Help For Mange Feral Cat

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such wonderful news! I don't have a personal Facebook page so I'm not familiar with the ins-and-outs, but I tried to message the rescue several times through one of my property's pages but never heard anything back. Plus, the rescue's page contains a lot of info so it was hard for me to ever find anything on Tracks/Rivers. I had honestly feared the worse when no one responded.

Knowing that he's safe and fed is so great! I shed a whole lot of tears over that cat.

THANK YOU ESKIMO115! Everyone is right. Without you, he would no longer be alive.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess River is sick again. :( Here's two Facebook links about him if you want to read:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, poor old guy! I hope he makes it. FIV can lead to all kinds of complications in older cats who have had the virus for some time. It's often the feral cats who end up like this. The strain of living outside, fending for themselves and not getting any vet care takes it's toll on them.

Glad to see he is eating a little and allowing pets in the second post. Sending love and healing vibes from me and all my former feral cats.

:heartshape::vibes::petcat::catrub::lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eskimo1115

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone. I hope you all have been doing well. I'm the one who originally called the rescues about getting Tracks/River help when he was sick in my complex. I wrote to the woman who rescued River last week, and we talked a bit about how cats can survive and have great lives with the FIV, but you have to be extremely aggressive when they do get an infection, which is what she is trying to do with him now so she doesn't lose him. It makes me realize what a fighter he really is, because he definitely did not get quick/aggressive treatment the whole time he was here in my complex, and still managed to survive. I still have high hopes for him :-)

Eskimo1115

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting the update on River. He looks so good, and it looks like he has a friend now! So glad to hear he's doing well, I was so afraid he wasn't going to make it. Looks like he has a much better life now :-)

Eskimo1115

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to post a quick update on River. I recently saw the woman who runs the rescue that he's at (in my attempt to find three baby kittens and their mother a rescue -- to no avail). Anyway, I was not at the rescue, so I did not see River, but she told me he's doing FABULOUS. She did show me a video, which she said she was going to post on her FB page. She's actually able to pet him now, although he goes back and forth with deciding if he likes humans or not. She did say that he still has the upper respiratory infection and makes those terrible head gargling sounds he's always made, and that seems to be a permanent thing now. But otherwise, he's doing great and she thinks he's very happy and content at the rescue. I think she said he lives on the farm, so he gets a lot of outdoor time, which is perfect for him as an outdoor/feral cat.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your prayers and good thoughts for River. So glad to see he's had a positive outcome.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the wonderful update. I'm so happy to hear that River is doing so well and living a great life.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Was just thinking about River (formerly known as Tracks) and decided to check the santuary's Facebook page to see if there were any new-ish mentions of him, and found this from Nov. 18.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear god, is that real? That's one of the most disturbing images I've ever seen. I honestly don't remember that cat looking that bad! What in the world is going on??? I donated a decent amount of money to Whiskers after the rescued that cat. I think that image is photoshopped . . . no?