Need Help For Mange Feral Cat

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't remember him being that bad either. Maybe his fur was really matted and they had to shave it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats ALL look bad shaved, but he is super emaciated. You shouldn't see ribs like that. I remember my cats coming home from surgery to their legs and the shaved leg was a FOURTH of the size of the other one! all that fur, even short fur, hides a lot!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That does look bad! One of my cats gets shaved every sprung because his fur matts, but he doesn't look like that.

Does River have FIV or FeLV? What do they say about why he is so skinny?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not on Facebook, so maybe it would load quicker if I was, but I finally found what happened to River. Seems he got himself into a dangerous predicament back in July and nearly died. :( But he's a survivor and recovered. :catlove:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And I think this is why his fur needed to be shaved. :(

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Something is blocking those facebook links/images what ever they are for me :(

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What browser are you using? I can see them in Chrome & IE, but Firefox gives me an "Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again." error.

Here's the link to their Facebook page:
Whiskers Animal Rescue and Sanctuary

You can access it, even if you don't have a Facebook acct. The pictures of his injuries are in July. The last picture is in Nov. There were also some videos of him between July and November, which I did not post.

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What browser are you using? I can see them in Chrome & IE, but Firefox gives me an "Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again." error.

Here's the link to their Facebook page:
Whiskers Animal Rescue and Sanctuary

You can access it, even if you don't have a Facebook acct. The pictures of his injuries are in July. The last picture is in Nov. There were also some videos of him between July and November, which I did not post.

Thank you, I'll go look !
Yes, I use FireFox

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was just thinking about River (formerly Tracks) and went to the Whiskers Animal Rescue and Sanctuary Facebook page to see if I could find any updates on him.

I did, but it was a sad update. :(

River passed away unexpectedly back in June. :sniffle:

E Eskimo1115 : not sure if you'll see this or not, but it's thanks to you and all you did for River (formerly Tracks) that he was able to live out his days in a safe environment.

Tagging others who posted in this thread:
@Sarthur2 @Shane Kent lavishsqualor lavishsqualor @surya @Cataria @orange&white @maggiedemi Norachan Norachan di and bob di and bob CL56 CL56

RIP sweet boy. :redheartpump: :angel3: :redheartpump:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw that update back in June and emailed the rescue asking for more details but never heard anything. Poor cat. BUT at least Tracks had several years of love and care, and that's certainly more than a lot of cats get.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking about River (formerly Tracks) and went to the Whiskers Animal Rescue and Sanctuary Facebook page to see if I could find any updates on him.

E Eskimo1115 : not sure if you'll see this or not, but it's thanks to you and all you did for River (formerly Tracks) that he was able to live out his days in a safe environment.

@Sarthur2 @Shane Kent lavishsqualor lavishsqualor @surya @Cataria @orange&white @maggiedemi Norachan Norachan di and bob di and bob CL56 CL56

I had also seen this, rubysmama rubysmama and it broke my heart. A mutual friend from the North has asked me to thank you on his behalf regarding the care for River.

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Thank you for tagging me.
Rest in Peace - Poor sweet baby.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sweet, precious boy! I pray he was happy the last few yearof his life, and I truly think he was, he deserved it. He earned a spot in many of our hearts, his soul will know no more pain and suffering. I salute his determination to live despite what he had aginst him, he was a lion at heart! RIP dear friend, you were loved by many more than you will ever know. You will have a secure place in a loving heart for eternity, good bye for now.....May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!