Naughty Cats

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hunbun has never gone IN the litter container.. thats hilarious :p she does need to go christen the box everytime i clean it and put new litter though. And i keep her box scooped daily so its not like shes waiting for it to be clean to use it... she can just be sitting somewhere chillin, but if she sees me go scoop and put new litter she has to come pee on it. I have no idea what this accomplishes.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P7090796.JPG
At 10 o'clock last night I spent over one hour calling Sombra and looking for her. I looked at a very possible and even impossible place in despair: under the beds, inside, behind and under every piece of furniture, behind every curtain, I was so desperate that I even looked inside the refrigerator. Although I have had wooden boards nailed to the bottom of my desk to stop her from climbing from the floor into the drawers ................I still moved out the 7 drawers and looked inside.

Normally at this time of the night she is already in my bedroom, on the bed or the cat tree. I couldn't imagine where se could be. Tired and with my back aching I sat down fearing that something horribe had happened and all of a sudden I see Sombra emerging with some difficulty from under my desk!!! There are 2 inches between the bottom of my desk and the floor. HOW ON EARTH COULD SHE GET UNDER THE DESK???? HOW COULD HER HEAD GET THROUGH??

You know WHAT? It is 4 pm this afternoon
P7090796.JPG
and my back is still aching.

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hunbun has never gone IN the litter container.. thats hilarious :p she does need to go christen the box everytime i clean it and put new litter though. And i keep her box scooped daily so its not like shes waiting for it to be clean to use it... she can just be sitting somewhere chillin, but if she sees me go scoop and put new litter she has to come pee on it. I have no idea what this accomplishes.
That is exactly what Sombra does. Whenever she sees me scooping her litterbox she comes over and watches me do it quite patiently. The moment I finish she goes in to accomplish her besoins.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whyyy do they do that to us?? Little furry heathens. I totally know that rising panicked feeling - "
i know she cant have gotten out, but shes not here-where IS she?"

That spsce looks incredibly tiny for her to crawl through. I guess theyre little furry Houdinis, too...

Are you going to try to block it off even more?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We once came home to a missing Olive, and had that same thought that she couldn't have gotten out, and must be hiding someplace.

But she did get out. She must be part weasel or something, she squeezes out the tiniest window slats, so now we keep those shut. Then she pushed out a screen from the kitchen window and escaped, so we keep that shut. Then she found out the basement screen at the top isn't very secure, and she pushed that out and ran out. We are running out of windows! I think we have one window we can safely open, only because she doesn't go into that room. Yet. :thud:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who knew cats even liked banannas? Major Tom is such a theiving fruit & veggie guy! And it's not like he's starving. He is fed 3 x's a day plys treats! And whatever he can steal from Capt. Jack's dish too. View attachment 241875:gaah:
donnae donnae - Major Tom clearly knows that the adhesive on those labels can permeate bananas' fragile skin; he was just looking after your well-being.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who knew cats even liked banannas? Major Tom is such a theiving fruit & veggie guy! And it's not like he's starving. He is fed 3 x's a day plys treats! And whatever he can steal from Capt. Jack's dish too. View attachment 241875:gaah:
@donnae,I was very surprised to learn that another cat does this to bananas! Speedy also claws bananas and peaches and nectarines and styrofoam cups. Never a bite, just some claws and Speedy speed3 (1).jpg has left her mark. Have you ever poured coffee in a styrofoam cup and find that the drink is leaking through a pinhole onto your shirt? Her work is a little more subtle, however than Major Tom's. Just a claw here a claw there. The next time she does this I will post it here! Thanks for posting this donnae donnae !

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart Tommy does shred styrofoam to get to the take out food inside. He actually does eat the fruits and veggies. I have to be careful bc I know some things are dangerous. Just yesterday he was trying so hard to steal cherries from me. And he has learned to open the cupboard where the garbage is. He tends to get locked in the basement when I'm cooking and we are eating.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever poured coffee in a styrofoam cup to find that the drink is leaking through a pinhole onto your shirt? Her work is a little more subtle, however than Major Tom's. Just a claw here a claw there. The next time she does this I will post it here!
R raysmyheart - In the fifties, "dribble glasses" were sold via ads on the backs of comic books and cost twenty-five cents; you're getting them for free! Don't complain!