Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
busy again... Man, I refuse to hit the store for anything else, until next year!! Well, perhaps the bakery and deli... and just one or two items at grocery store.
I am done.. I mean it. I have absolutely no room in here for anything!

Today was:
* regular morning stuff, except vacuum.
* I finally got a chance to brush and cuddle with Geoffrey this morning. He was really missing both things: especially the morning cuddle.. sweet boy
* Out to Boston to pick up his meds.. forgot the gift for IMVet and Sec.. dam,, another trip next week!
* Since I saw the traffic very backed up from a repair crew working in a tunnel, I decided to try a different Trader Joes.
It was about 1.5 mils from Angell. I followed the GPS. The place was mobbed!! OMG>. I had to wait in traffic to get to it! And wait again in the parking lot for a spot!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, artiemom artiemom , that traffic sounds like a nightmare. No, thank you. I’m glad you got your shopping done.

Today is to be a rehash of yesterday. Sunny and close to 50. We’ll take it. Then about two inches of rain tomorrow into Monday to turn into a bit of snow before easing out of here.

Hazel , the Tucson, went into Limp Mode yesterday on the way to my medical appt. She went into spurts where she wouldn’t go over 20 mph. Turns out it could be a tranny thing. But it could also be just that it needs a reset. Rick called the garage as soon as we got home. He’s calling again this morning. Whatever it is, they need to check it out. It happened on the way in; coming home, she was fine. But not taking chances.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and flopped on the couch with Molli and my iPad.
  • Waiting for my keyboard; it is to be here today. After my coffee, I’ll go back, pull the computer, and take the old keyboard out, I’m going to check it out, but I’m pretty sure it’s done. I think I’ve had it for a good ten years, so no complaints.
  • Took a large bag of tomato quarters out of the freezer. They’ll be thawed by Sunday or Monday, so I can make pasta sauce. We do go through our pasta sauce.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The traffic was not bad getting in or out of Boston, at the times I chose.
The traffic at any of the stores is outrageous. It is bumper to bumper and stopped at times. I am not going to drive up my usual Rte One North, due to it. There is a plethora of stores on that highway. It is bumper to bumper.

*Today is staying home. I may move my car to a different parking spot. They opened up the parking lot to more cars-- meaning there were more spot opened, due to people giving up their spots. Since I do not have a reserved spot, the handicapped spot where I usually park is now being taken by new cars. These people seem to NEVER move their cars!! Dam...
I do not have a reserved spot because my remote start does not work is certain areas of the lot.
Yesterday, I had to park in a handicapped spot, where I never park.

*regular morning stuff... at my leisure. I got up late. I need to do a good vacuuming, since I did not vacuum yesterday.
* medicating Geoffrey---sweet boy...
* I need to trim his claws--- yikes!!
* I need to deliver my cards.. so a walk around the building.
* Get some presents together.
* Today is hopefully, going to be a lazy day. Listening to Christmas music, and perhaps a Christmas movie---this I really want to do.. I need to watch, "It's a Wonderful Life"... This is an annual ritual for me. I cannot remember a year when I did not watch it-- perhaps the Christmas my dad was placed on hospice. It always gets me into the spirit: being Grateful: appreciating all that I have in my life.. reminding me how fortunate I have been.
*** Supper--- I do not know. I have a fully stocked refrigerator and freezer!
Lots of things to cook, and roast, bake, etc.. and even stuff for a sandwich..

casportpony

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Purpose of the thread - Name three things you have done or will do today

Straighten the kitchen
Go for a short walk
Close the 2022 threads on here and start 2023 thread. ;)
I love this thread! I love it so much that come January 1st, another forum that I'm a member of is going to start one. Thanks for the great idea!

Going to clean litter boxes.
Going to call at least three people.
Going to get hay.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My keyboard got here yesterday afternoon. Got it installed (So easy! Insert USB, restart computer, and Boom! there you go!). I did get rid of the old keyboard, just so it wasn't in the way on my desk. It was connected to the computer, so I wanted to get it out of there.
I also made a batch of microwave almond brittle. But Rick had to hide the stuff....it's addictive.

Lots of rain today....thankfully, not snow. I think that's coming Monday night into Tuesday, but not sure. Guess we're find out. If it is, it's 1 - 3, last time we checked.
  • Rick's turn to get up with the girls. He had a bad night, so I told him to keep his butt in bed and I'd take care of the girls. They had their breakfast, I emptied the dishwasher, and made our coffee.
  • Two loads of laundry this morning
  • I'm making a pot of pasta sauce today. I needed to get a 2-quart bag of tomatoes used up and pasta sauce is always the way to go around here. Trying to get stuff used in the freezer. I still have one more 2-quart bag of tomatoes after this one.
I may hit the Shed this afternoon since Rick is making dinner tonight. There are three episodes of Reacher with my name on them. Rick watched the episodes the other night; I fell asleep. Typical me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My keyboard got here yesterday afternoon. Got it installed (So easy! Insert USB, restart computer, and Boom! there you go!). I did get rid of the old keyboard, just so it wasn't in the way on my desk.
I also made a batch of microwave almond brittle. But Rick had to hide the stuff....it's addictive.
  • Rick's turn to get up with the girls. He had a bad night, so I told him to keep his butt in bed and I'd take care of the girls. They had their breakfast, I emptied the dishwasher, and made our coffee.
  • Two loads of laundry this morning
  • I'm making a pot of pasta sauce today. I needed to get a 2-quart bag of tomatoes used up and pasta sauce is always the way to go around here. Trying to get stuff used in the freezer.
I may hit the Shed this afternoon since Rick is making dinner tonight. There are three episodes of Reacher with my name on them. Rick watched the episodes the other night; I fell asleep. Typical me.
I have to admit that I have been using the same keyboard for the last three computers, so in excess of 20 years! My hands are just used to it so I have never wanted to switch!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 My original keyboard was from when I bought the Vista computer. I really liked it and was a little bummed when it stopped working the other day. My hands were used to it, too. I understand!
Well ladies ,Ive had the same keyboard since I got my first conputer(2010) first time I ever sat in front of one- it wouldnt matter what keyboard was there because Im the worst typist on the planet ( one finger)......wish I could type,I need an in person teacher and doesnt seem to be any free courses for beginners:dunno:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear you Kwik Kwik . Rick is a one-finger typist, too. :)
Nice to know someone else is a pick n peck!Plus I don't even know the letters by heart,I have to look---- just to type this I backspace like 6 times for mistakes-,,, I'm pretty pathetic

Funny thing- people say to me" how do you type with long nails"? I laugh," I can't type with out nails either"! Lol

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I was not going to put up decorations except for my Happy Birthday Jesus Banner in the dining room becsusd I'm having 2,friends for Dinner after I get back from my cousins Christmas Day- Birthsay Dinner ❤

Once I did thst I was on a roll - got out the garland and snowmen,Santa's,elves,reindeer ,stockinged etc and went to town.......

So I did outside in the front,back patio and inside " All through the house🤶🎄🎅✨️🎁🧑‍🎄

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Man, but we got rain yesterday. Still raining lightly and we're to get a coating to an inch of white stuff later on today into tonight.

I did 5 quarts of pasta sauce yesterday, threw one quart in the fridge for spaghetti or goulash later on this week and tossed four quarts in the freezer in the basement. That ends our tomatoes halves from the 2023 garden that I had frozen. A big Thank You to lizzie lizzie for giving me the idea of freezing tomatoes to use later on; it works beautifully. The skins came off with no trouble and cooking the tomatoes down was a breeze.
  • Rick got up with the girls, but I got up, as well. I guess I had enough sleep. I'm back here with my coffee and Molli is on the cat tree.
  • Doctor appt and blood work this morning. Rick is taking the Tucson up to the garage to see what's going on with the transmission. Hopefully, it won't be anything too serious.
  • A bit of a vacuum, swiffer, all that good stuff this afternoon. Nothing major.
  • I will probably get home before Rick does this morning. If so, I'm going to wrap his Christmas gifts and put them under the tree.
Trying to figure out what cookie I want to make tomorrow. I'm thinking of filled raisin cookies, but I haven't made any drop sugar cookies and they're really good, too. There will be no cut-out cookies this year. My heart just isn't in it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
we are getting about 3 inches of snow!!!! Nicole is like a kid soooo excited

laundry

i have a new nephew, Doug. Ryan and Julie got an 11year old rescue dog.
he is a pit bull who loves kisses and pets. i can't wait to meet him he has
light brown hair.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, at 11:59 and a few seconds plus, my weather station clicked over to 1.00 inches. Then reset to zero and I went up to bed.

Himself got up at 4:00 a.m. and the weather station showed 2.00 inches. He checked, and the basement was flooded so he opened the slider door for water to exit over the sill and came back to bed.

It is now 10:52 a.m., raining lightly, and the gauge is showing an additional .72 inches.

Had it been 36+ inches of snow we would probably be house-bound for quite a while.

There are some wet places in the basement that need attention. However the power never went off, our driveway is intact, neighbor's sheep pasture is partially flooded. And so it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.