Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny, but another gusty day. Rick will likely not get his burning done today either. Fortunately, the rest of this week is supposed to be fairly nice.

Something funky in the Shed going on. I went out yesterday; the tv sound was gone and the screen was on Troubleshooting for sound, something like that. And now, when I turn the tv on, it goes to Samsung tv first; I've never even looked at Samsung tv. There were 3 books on the floor in front of the bookcase. Picked up the books, got the sound issue straightened-out, and turned the heat back down. I keep the heat at 2 on the heaters; both were set at 3. Came in and told Rick; he and I went back out and walked around the Shed, looking for anything. Nothing was amiss outside, other than branches from the wind. I was out there last weekend and all was fine. Nothing on the cameras either. Guess we're getting close to Halloween!

Nothing really on my agenda:
  • I have butter softening on the counter. For some reason, I want Cowboy Cookies. Rick won't eat them bc of the shredded coconut. I'll make the dough this afternoon, chill it overnight, and then bake them tomorrow. Not a large batch, just enough for me to check them out. Rick can take some over to our neighbors.
  • My day to scoop.
And that's it.
That's weird about the shed.
Do you have a lock on the door? It may be a good time to install one, and use it. Either an unwanted visitor or a poltergeist! Both unwanted...
After all, you really cannot be too careful..
Did it look as if anyone was sitting or lying down in there?
Weird....:eek: :eek2:

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitchen, Kitty Litter & Laundry - in between watching Flea Market Flip (couldn't do any of the things folks do but I like watching them do it. - painting a stick is a challenge for me I will get it anywhere but on the stick)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple more days of warm and then we nosedive with lows dropping to the low 20’s and snow flurries by next weekend. So today I want to get the last of the Halloween lights up, most yard things put away, the winter pole feeder put in the ground and I also need to pick up some sand and salt. It will surely warm up again in November, but best to get things done just in case.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple more days of warm and then we nosedive with lows dropping to the low 20’s and snow flurries by next weekend. So today I want to get the last of the Halloween lights up, most yard things put away, the winter pole feeder put in the ground and I also need to pick up some sand and salt. It will surely warm up again in November, but best to get things done just in case.
Thanks for the warning we get your weather once you are done wtih it ..

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't do much today unfortunately. I took my dogs to the dog park this afternoon and had to break up a literal dog fight when someone else's dog decided to attack my Poppy. Nobody was hurt, but I was able to get between the dogs and pull Poppy away because I'm not letting some jerk dog hurt her. Anyway, after that, I went to a store to get dog food. I'm hoping to actually finish this crochet project I've been working on for my friend's kid, since his birthday party is on Saturday and I want to make sure I actually have something to give the kid.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I know it sounds like somebody was in the Shed, but the cameras don't show anything. There is a huge gas installation line going on along our road. Rick is wondering if the heavy trucks are vibrating things as they drive past. That would explain the books on the floor, but not the TV problem or the heaters. We're not sure what to think, but are keeping a close eye on everything. The door is always locked, unless I'm in there and, even if I'm inside, I still lock the door when it gets dark. It's just weird. Rick was talking to one of his buddies who is a locksmith and he'll come down and install better lock/deadbolt, etc. with new keys. Doesn't look like anybody has been sitting anywhere. Frustrating as heck.

A beautiful, sunny day. The rest of the week is to be like this and, I think, by Thursday, we'll be up around 70. Nice.
  • Change the sheets. Rick will put the sheets on, so I don't have to lift the mattress corners and then I'll do the blanket, comforter, pillows, etc.
  • Two loads of laundry
  • Bake my Wyoming cowboy cookies, while Rick works outside. (Remember I said that Sam's butter just comes in a 1-pound block? Well, my math struck again. Weighed out the butter. 12 ounces of butter. I don't know where my mind was as I only needed 8 ounces. Ended up with a full 1-1/2 cups of butte. Well, crap. So I sat down and added one-half of all the other ingredients in addition to what the recipe called for to match the butter. That was interesting. Should work out though. Lately, my mind has been a sieve.)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitchen, Kitty Litter & Laundry - in between watching Flea Market Flip (couldn't do any of the things folks do but I like watching them do it. - painting a stick is a challenge for me I will get it anywhere but on the stick)
I have seriously binged that show a few times but then I start getting tired of bar carts. I have a really hard time beliving they get that all done in a day. I mean, paint needs to dry.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful sunny day. Set the alarm because today we're off to the pharmacy for our RSV vaccine. Turned over for a moment, cats joined us . . . and whoops! now we have 30 minutes before we need to leave! So in that brief time frame I got up, dressed, brushed teeth, stripped bed, hustle downstairs. Feed cats, bed sheets in washing machine, scoop litter pan. And we're off!

Now back home, made my coffee, sheets into dryer and a load of blue jeans in the washer.

How time can fly. Shall I blame it on the snuggle-y cats?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful sunny day. Set the alarm because today we're off to the pharmacy for our RSV vaccine. Turned over for a moment, cats joined us . . . and whoops! now we have 30 minutes before we need to leave! So in that brief time frame I got up, dressed, brushed teeth, stripped bed, hustle downstairs. Feed cats, bed sheets in washing machine, scoop litter pan. And we're off!

Now back home, made my coffee, sheets into dryer and a load of blue jeans in the washer.

How time can fly. Shall I blame it on the snuggle-y cats?
I got my RSV a week ago and had an unusual reaction. A couple days after my right eye started getting sore and half a day after that the left eye started feeling the same. Like when you have a cold settle in your eyes or conjunctivitis. Gone in a few days but I am pretty sure related to the vaccine.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is an outing with the Tenants Association. We are taking a bus up to the Merrimack, New Hampshire Outlet Mall. On the way home, we will stop for pizza. Not a bad deal. I usually never go on these trips, but I was talked into it because of the price.. And my monthly outing group has deemed it to be our; "October Outing".. The four of us will hopefully be together.
Two of us cannot afford to buy anything.. but I am going to look at the New Balance and Avia outlet for sneakers.. nothing else..

It will be a long day.. but after this last episode with Geoffrey, I need to get out, and away.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a good place to sit and chat, in the food court.. but, we will endure!

Geoffrey is so much better.. Thank God. I have never felt so relived and happy to have him wake me up, in the early morning hours; to tell me that he pooped! He was back to his old self: his voice was fully back, he was persistent. He does not realize it, but he needs a day to fully rest. He will miss me, but.... no interruptions to his resting.

Now to update Dr B about Geoffrey and then a quick limited morning stuff before we leave...
~~~~~
Yesterday had to cancel a credit card. I was still not in my right frame of mind, and I clicked on, and gave my CC info to a fraudulent site... dam.. I am usually too smart to do so... I guess Geoffrey's episode aftermath did me in...
Immediately, I got a text, phone call from the CC company, and a lock was on my CC until I called in. I was grateful that the fraud department caught this immediately. They were right on top of things.
I had them cancel the card, and will be getting a new one in 7-10 days. Good thing I have a couple other cards, which I rarely use, as a substitute. It is just a pain to change over... but, grateful this bank is so diligent.

Gotta get going...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Yay for G! I'm so glad he's doing better! :redheartpump: Glad you got the credit card thing cleared up. Sounds like you're going to have a good time at the Outlet Mall.

A beautiful, sunny morning. I think Rick will work outside for a while.
And me?
  • Wipe down bathroom and straighten up in the kitchen.
  • A quick swiffer about the house (I vacuumed yesterday).
  • Rick changed the bed sheets yesterday, so the used ones need washing.
  • I need to shred some papers; trash night tonight. I get the trash ready; he ties the bag shut and takes the can down to the bottom of the driveway.
Not much going on.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Rain And much colder weather coming in this afternoon so I am Planning on doing a leaf mow as soon as I finish my coffee. They mulch better if they sit on the ground and dry for a few days but the weather isn’t going to allow it. A couple loads of laundry this afternoon.

Finished the yard in about 20 minutes . Mowing leaves to smithereens in fall has to be the most fun of any homeowner activities.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much going on today. Rick is dealing with the Sinus Headache from Hades and he has to bowl tonight.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee and a Cowboy Cookie.
  • Need to clean my desk. I figured out my menu for T-Day dinner next month and made a list of ingredients I'll need. That left my desk in a mess with recipes all over the place.
  • Place an order to Dakin Farm and another one to King Arthur.

Status
Not open for further replies.