Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick took advantage of the lovely weather yesterday to work on leaves (again). He has a huge pile of stuff up in the garden that will have to be burned if we can get a day with no wind. Neighbors were doing a final mowing of their yards all day. Everyone is trying to get things done.
The duck doo-doo hits the fan today with rain and we're not to get out of the 50s. Windy, too. Bleah.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. Woke up at 4:00 to pee and then finally fell back asleep around 5:30. Molli and Tabby jumped on the bed around 6:30 and all I heard was, "Starving, Mom! We. Are. Starving. Mom!" So I just got up, got dressed, and took care of them. Molli is back here on the cat tree with me, sound asleep, Tabby is in bed with Rick, sound asleep, and Muffin is on the blanket on the kitchen table, sound asleep. Nope, they're not spoiled.
  • I need to scoop this morning.
  • Get the laundry ready tonight to work on tomorrow.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I briefly contemplated going out and mowing more leaves since it’s dry today but decided to hold off until next week when it is warmer (27 degrees today). Moved stuff around in the car so I could add windshield scraper, gloves and other winter necessities. Did a deep clean of the big bathroom.
Thanks for the remainder of Winter Car Accessories. I need to place a Snow Broom in each car and the Windshield cover.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Want to go to Lowes to return the two horrid bird feeders I bought there. Yes, weight (such as a squirrel) at the feeder ports on the bottom does cover them. BUT - seed does not drop down to refill the feed cups and somehow moisture gets inside and the seed got moldy and clumped together. Will give up the search and buy a Droll Yankee.

As long as we are at Lowes will go to adjacent Wal-Mart and get this and that.

Family Zoom call later this afternoon.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, I am drying a couple of jackets (washed earlier this morning)--- one is my main winter 'ski' jacket and the other is a rain jacket. It was time to wash them, before the cold really hits. It will this week.. I do have another jacket which is clean, so I can wear that one, later in the week.
I really do not want to put on my main jacket--- too early!

Otherwise, a typical lazy Sunday. I have already been to Mass, washed jackets, Gave G his morning meds. Now stretched out on recliner, listening to music on Alexa, with Geoffrey down by my lower legs---cuddling...my baby...

I do need to wash dishes, a quick vacuum, and a clean out of his litter genie.. but one thing at a time.. right now it is the jackets drying.. then up to pick them up, hang them to fully dry... and then dishes, Vacuum, ? nap time? and then Litter Genie... It is a cold, raw rainy day.. Tomorrow is another day: Another cold, raw, rainy day... Fall is here... after hitting a high of 80 degrees yesterday.
Yesterday, I was in shorts and tee shirt. Today, legging, socks, long sleeves, heat on in car...... Yes, crazy New England weather.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
A beautiful but chilly day in the mid 30’s. I went out this morning to do a quick leave mow and ended up spending an hour and a half outside. Didn’t feel cold at all until I came in and then I needed a hot bath to warm up. Too tired afterwards to do much of anything.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the remainder of Winter Car Accessories. I need to place a Snow Broom in each car and the Windshield cover.
My former car used to have a remote starter so I could turn it on in advance and come out to a warm car and clear windows. I do miss that but with the little I drive now, I hard ever go out in the snow.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a cold rainy fall/early winter day.. 50 degrees right now.. I fear it is going to be a long cold wet winter: I really dislike this weather.
Today will be regular morning chores, including Geoffrey Med... I think I will try to do a triple cover on my air conditioner. I got a new one this year, and it is not a good one, it air leaks. I have already sealed, with rope caulking, the joint where the AC meets the wall insert.
Now, I am going to try and put some thick insulation in the bottom of the AC unit-opening for air (?) weird.. and then put a couple of covers over it. Not an easy job. And use masking or duct tape to keep it in place.. I hate renting. I have no choice as to what appliances to buy. They get the cheapest..

May go an request a full clean out of the 2 air ducts in here...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
When we bought our car back in April, I wanted a remote starter. Rick said that we don't work anymore, so it's not necessary. He was looking through the car lot and saw Hazel (our 23 Hyundai Tucson). And it has a remote starter, so I got it anyway. I won't get a car without it anymore. IMO, it's the only good thing about having an automatic transmission.
It's cold and dreary here, too. Bleah. Flurries forecasted for Wednesday. I am not amused.
  • Rick got up with the girls and then he was going to walk with our neighbor. But it was very, very foggy out this morning and not a good morning for a walk. When I got up, he was flopped on the recliner, with a blanket over him and Muffin sprawled out on his chest. They're still sleeping.
  • I have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheets and towels to launder today. I hauled all the mittens, hats etc. yesterday and some of those as well as winter coats need washing. I will probably also make a Target run for some essentials and to see what Halloween candy is on sale.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
When we bought our car back in April, I wanted a remote starter. Rick said that we don't work anymore, so it's not necessary. He was looking through the car lot and saw Hazel (our 23 Hyundai Tucson). And it has a remote starter, so I got it anyway. I won't get a car without it anymore. IMO, it's the only good thing about having an automatic transmission.
It's cold and dreary here, too. Bleah. Flurries forecasted for Wednesday. I am not amused.
  • Rick got up with the girls and then he was going to walk with our neighbor. But it was very, very foggy out this morning and not a good morning for a walk. When I got up, he was flopped on the recliner, with a blanket over him and Muffin sprawled out on his chest. They're still sleeping.
  • I have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer.
I had a remote starter on my former car and loved it. Nice in winter but also wonderful to step into a cool car in summer. Didn’t get one on current car but do think about it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I was up and out early this morning. I had an early MD appointment in Boston. I did not vacuum. Washed dishes, Swiffereed, Medicated Geoffrey.. Moved microwave and stuff. Yesterday, I put a work request in, to fully take apart my kitchen vent. I wanted it cleaned and vacuumed up. I have been here almost 5 years, and I do not know if it was every cleaned. I am hearing horror stories from people who have been having their vents cleaned.
I left a note to please pick up and vacuum the area below; due to Geoffrey eating dust bunnies. I came home, and it was all taken care of.. Nice and clean.. Next up, is the Vent in the bathroom. Makes me feel better knowing it is clean.

Picked up some munchies and a bouquet of flowers. The munchies are for the Tenant's Association's Halloween Party, tonight. The bouquet is for one of the Property managers, who is leaving this week. She is so sweet and kind, but she needs a higher income, and more respect from above. She is in tears about leaving. I really like her. It is a shame. It really is. I am giving it to her today, because it was announced that Wednesday is her last day; but, she told me her last day is Thursday.
Just a little way to express my appreciation for her. I have seen her 'blossom' from a newbie to a warrior.

Had a cup of real coffee and a scone for lunch.. still hungry!
I will probably grab some Halloween candy, soon. I will be dancing off the calories, tonight.

I do not usually get dressed up for Halloween. This year, I grabbed a cheap lavender wig... I was planning on telling people that this was my new hair color; but, the wig is really cheap- not enough hair. While I was out, I grabbed an orange and black long wig. This one is much better. A friend also gave me a t-shirt with the phrase: "This is my Halloween Costume". in black creepy letters. I also bought a Halloween scarf.. add black leggings, socks, and shoes, and I am all set!

Gotta get going..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Busy today. Chilly, but nice and sunny, so we kept the front door open this afternoon to let the sunshine in.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and made our coffee.
  • Headed up to Sam's to do our November grocery shopping. Felt good to get out of the house for a while; we haven't done much lately. I was careful not to lift heavy things and Rick took care of a lot of it. Got everything in the house and divided up for the freezers.
  • Then went to pick up a couple prescriptions, hit Lowes for a new door key (I gave mine to my sister when we went to Maine). Off to another store where I bought a couple nonstick skillets.
  • Back home and did the trash. Rick took it down to the road for pick-up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.