Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
snow has arrived groan.........
Mia6 Mia6 Noooooo. Not yet! I saw a picture from northwestern PA with lake-effect snow. Noooooo. Not amused!
  • Rick's turn to get up with the girls. He wrote a check for a bill and is walking down to the P.O. to mail. Molli and I slept in until a little after 8. Got up, gave them their after-breakfast breakfast, grabbed a quick shower, and am drinking my coffee.
  • Stripped the bed down and will put on fresh sheets after I'm done with my coffee. The dirty sheets are in the washer.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, put Halloween stuff away. Will keep autumn stuff out until after T-Day this year.
  • Going through the freezer in the fridge this morning. Honestly, I'm so grateful that Rick arranged the freezers; please don't think otherwise. But I can't find anything. Anything. And, obviously, neither can he! I asked him to get me a bag of frozen peas yesterday and he was down there forever. He finally found them. I'm not supposed to get into the freezers bc I'll root around and ruin his organization. What organization??? When I did the freezers, I used a What's in the Freezer? list for both basement freezers. And I was pretty anal about crossing things off as I brought them up to use. There's no list now and I'm lost. I have a pretty good idea of what's down there, but haven't a clue where things are.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No frost overnight, temperature in the mid-30s Fahrenheit. I'm tired of waiting. Today I will cut down the 12 foot tall bananas and cover the "stumps" with tubs of leaves. Will try to drag the cut pieces into the woods. Next step is to heap leaves over the tubs and install plywood "roof" pieces.

Our regular handyman who used to come twice a week, as needed, now comes for an hour every other week if he comes at all. And I'm getting too old to deal with this. I have the names of two other handymen but that is their full time work and I'm concerned about what they will charge. Or if they will even be interested. Only one way to find out. Stay tuned for future developments.

Had the first fire of the season in our wood burning stove. Made another one this morning. And after breakfast Domino was contentedly laying in the basket under the table adjacent to the stove. Mr Poe in cat cave.

Will post pictures later.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoying a quiet morning with my coffee. Eventually today I will take down a few of the outdoors Halloween decorations. We are still snow covered and I am not attempting the uphill trek to the shed to put them away so most will stay up until the weather warms, which it is supposed to do next weekend.

With the icy weather yesterday I ran out to buy some sand, something I have been procrastinating on. I went to the only nearby place that will load the 60 pound bag for me and unfortunately the bag was half frozen. So now I need to figure out a way to get the bag apart so the sand can thaw because most of it is useless in its current state.

I have my nephew coming for dinner tomorrow so I need to decide what I am making and pick up ingredients.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Halloween Party last night.. It was so much fun! No one recognized me. I had a red and black short sexy wig on, extra regular make-up, an orange t-shirt with Bold Halloween lettering, "This is my Halloween Costume" a log sleeve shirt under it, black leggings, socks, and clogs, and a 'Day of the Dead" scarf tied around ,my neck. It was so much fun, when I walked in. As soon as I got a 'feel' for the room, I took my eyeglasses off. No one knew me! Even when I put my glasses on!
Danced so much.. I did over 11,000 steps yesterday!
I was wiped out when I came home. Just threw everything in a heap-- wig included. Fell into bed..Slept so good. Got up just before 9:00am. Completely forgot about Cornhole... Good thing a friend texted me at 9am.. I had to finish breakfast, coffee, shower, medicate Geoffrey--- left dishes, and bed crumpled up, along with last nights clothes.
Ran down to cornhole, on time!!

Then after corn hole, out to noon mass, picked up a script, then picked up a quick sandwich, ate it, have to go down to pick up a package. Then I will deal with cleaning up.. oh, need to dump trash! and then out to Bible class tonight.. man... so busy..

Poor Geoffrey feels as if I forgot about him.. poor thing. He really wants cuddling time... darn it.. He does not understand.. Hopefully things will quiet down for a tiny bit... I still need to really do a deep clean and move some furniture.
Tomorrow morning is a couple of back to back doctors appointments.. all morning.. so, he will be alone, again.. poor thing.. I really need to spend more time with him.. sigh...

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Halloween Party last night.. It was so much fun! No one recognized me. I had a red and black short sexy wig on, extra regular make-up, an orange t-shirt with Bold Halloween lettering, "This is my Halloween Costume" a log sleeve shirt under it, black leggings, socks, and clogs, and a 'Day of the Dead" scarf tied around ,my neck. It was so much fun, when I walked in. As soon as I got a 'feel' for the room, I took my eyeglasses off. No one knew me! Even when I put my glasses on!
Danced so much.. I did over 11,000 steps yesterday!
I was wiped out when I came home. Just threw everything in a heap-- wig included. Fell into bed..Slept so good. Got up just before 9:00am. Completely forgot about Cornhole... Good thing a friend texted me at 9am.. I had to finish breakfast, coffee, shower, medicate Geoffrey--- left dishes, and bed crumpled up, along with last nights clothes.
Ran down to cornhole, on time!!

Then after corn hole, out to noon mass, picked up a script, then picked up a quick sandwich, ate it, have to go down to pick up a package. Then I will deal with cleaning up.. oh, need to dump trash! and then out to Bible class tonight.. man... so busy..

Poor Geoffrey feels as if I forgot about him.. poor thing. He really wants cuddling time... darn it.. He does not understand.. Hopefully things will quiet down for a tiny bit... I still need to really do a deep clean and move some furniture.
Tomorrow morning is a couple of back to back doctors appointments.. all morning.. so, he will be alone, again.. poor thing.. I really need to spend more time with him.. sigh...
Glad you had so much fun- you're a real dancing queen!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
USER=79876] artiemom artiemom [/USER] the party sounds so fun!!!

\we had about 2 inches of the s word yesterday.........in the 20s now........brrrrr not ready for this
my hostas are now on winter break

will try to do a throw-out of old clothes, belongings etc

drinking my coffee, soooo good

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Killing frost last night, slammed down to 22.5 degrees Fahrenheit. There went the bananas, cannas, elephant ears. Everything needs to be cut back, dug up or covered. Our intermittent handyman is rarely available. Called another man suggested by the feed and mercantile but A) his hourly charge is more than double and B) he cannot even come to look until Saturday and then possibly work next week. Phooey! But it's on me, should have been more proactive.

Built a fire in the stove this morning. Domino is having an after-breakfast nap in the box under the nearby table.

Bird feeder ordered from Chewys arrived yesterday. That is, a feeder arrived but it is not the one I ordered. However Chewys is a pleasure to deal with. They had no hesitation to ship the correct feeder yesterday, to arrive in their standard 1 to 3 days. And when I asked what to do with the incorrect one was told not to return it, donate it or whatever. Needless to say it is filled and hung out, waiting for feathered customers.

But it is an abrupt and chilly change in the weather. Oh well. Clear sky last night, bright moon. And that's when the frost arrives.

And just to make me even crazier - I got a Land's End promo e-mail offering 50% off. Looked for a duvet color, found something I might like - and as I was looking the color I want X'd out and has now disappeared.

I can see that today is going to be a difficult day.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I love your bananas, so pretty. And I really like that Domino has such a cozy napping spot. Great pictures.
artiemom artiemom You are amazing!

Hard frost here last night. It was cold and sparkly this morning. I wasn't amused.
I hate to jinx myself, but I think it's been almost a month since I had a really bad headache. :woohoo:
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and enjoyed my coffee.
  • We're going to vacuum/clean the registers in the house this morning and turn the heat on. We think the mini splits are having a difficult time keeping up, so will add heat from the registers. The house is chilly, esp when the sun isn't shining in the living room and bedroom windows.
  • Rick wants to work a bit outside. While he's outside, I'm going to work on two loads of laundry and some straightening/wiping in the kitchen/bathroom. I didn't get the fridge freezer done yesterday, so really want to work on it today. Mia6 Mia6 I can try putting things in alphabetical order, but don't know how long it would last.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Out running around picking up things for dinner with my nephew because I didn’t decide on what to make until this morning. I am making radiatori pasta in homemade sauce with spicy mini meatballs and garlic bread. Having lunch right now and then I will start cooking and cleaning. My nephew lived with me for six months some years back and always has to check out what I have changed so every room needs a touch up.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to remember, once upon a time, seeing a freezer organizing technique that suggested sorting items by category and placing in pillow cases then into freezer. I would think white pillowcases indelibly marked "VEGETABLES', 'CHICKEN' etc. Have large tags fastened on the twine used to close the pillowcases, and list / I.D. the contents.

Or instead have wire baskets, enamel coated wire, for greater visibility

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to remember, once upon a time, seeing a freezer organizing technique that suggested sorting items by category and placing in pillow cases then into freezer. I would think white pillowcases indelibly marked "VEGETABLES', 'CHICKEN' etc. Have large tags fastened on the twine used to close the pillowcases, and list / I.D. the contents.

Or instead have wire baskets, enamel coated wire, for greater visibility
I have a medium sized upright. I use baskets and large plastic bags to organize. Almost everything has been vacuum sealed in individual portions so I have a “chicken” bag, a “steak” bag, an “frozen vegetable“ bag etc. Things like roasts that I may just have one or two of go in the plastic bins. Soups and premade meals go on their own shelf.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BelleWood in Bloom_2023-11_bananas after the frost.jpg

After last night's frost. Have now cut down, started hauling to dump pile in woods
and temporarily covered stumps with large black plastic tubs. Tomorrow, dump
rest off offcuts, rake leaves, fill tubs, re-cover and then prepare wooden roof pieces.​

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Awww C catapault . And they were so pretty.

Cold morning. While Rick worked outside yesterday, I did clean the registers and turned them on. Hopefully, it will take some of the stress off the minis; they were working overtime, trying to keep up. Supposed to get into lower 60s this weekend.
  • Quick trip to Giant before we run out of coffee. Also need sour cream and a few other things. Followed by a trip to Lowes (again) to buy black spray paint for the railings.
  • I'm making Shredded BBQ Beef in the oven today for dinner tomorrow night. I make it the day before I plan to use it. Then separate the beef from the sauce and toss both in the fridge. Tomorrow, I'll take off the layer of fat from the beef that rises to the surface of the sauce. Mix it all into a small crock pot and let it cook until dinner time.
  • Water the Shed plants. Both of my (I guess they're) Thanksgiving cacti are in full bloom now. They're gorgeous. One is a baby from the larger mother. Sweep the leaves from the Deck.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww C catapault . And they were so pretty.

Cold morning. While Rick worked outside yesterday, I did clean the registers and turned them on. Hopefully, it will take some of the stress off the minis; they were working overtime, trying to keep up. Supposed to get into lower 60s this weekend.
  • Quick trip to Giant before we run out of coffee. Also need sour cream and a few other things. Followed by a trip to Lowes (again) to buy black spray paint for the railings.
  • I'm making Shredded BBQ Beef in the oven today for dinner tomorrow night. I make it the day before I plan to use it. Then separate the beef from the sauce and toss both in the fridge. Tomorrow, I'll take off the layer of fat from the beef that rises to the surface of the sauce. Mix it all into a small crock pot and let it cook until dinner time.
  • Water the Shed plants. Both of my (I guess they're) Thanksgiving cacti are in full bloom now. They're gorgeous. One is a baby from the larger mother. Sweep the leaves from the Deck.
Is Giant a big store,,chain- like a WalMart or a supermarket?

Status
Not open for further replies.