Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Indoor fall activities - sorting and finding socks; moving summer shoes to the closet and pulling fall/winter ones out; putting away summer pants. Another few weeks and I will need to start hauling out gloves and hats, but not today. Vacuuming my room while I am working in there.

This evening I have dinner with my son and his gf, which is always a good time.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Monday Himself and I received the flu vaccine. Today we returned to our local pharmacy and received the covid vaccine. And next Monday we'll return yet again for the RSV vaccine. Our pharmacist mentioned, with a chuckle, that by the time children born now reach our current age the will have gotten 165 vaccinations.

When I was a child there were not any vaccines for the "childhood" diseases such as measles, mumps, etc. I remember that when I got mumps my father, who had never had that disease, was the one greatly at risk as it is so serious for adults. He would stand at the door to my bedroom and wave to me . . .

Today I want to wash the outside of the greenhouse roof. And move more plants indoors into the house. As well as the usual Monday laundry - bed sheets, load of whites, load of darks.

An interupption - somebody threw up on the dining room carpet and I had to clean it up just now. Sigh.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see - yesterday I took care of the bed sheets (flannel, don't you know), load of whites, load of darks. All put away. Also an extra load - since I did manage to clean the outside of the greenhouse roof (and also a quick wipe down of the glass walls) I had filthy towels that are better washed while freshly wet and dirty. So that's four.

But I didn't get any plants moved indoors. Perhaps today, though my left arm - where I received the covid-19 vaccine yesterday - is sore when I lift it up to shoulder height.

Ran the dishwasher yesterday as I was about to head upstairs to bed so unloaded it this morning while water to come a boil for my coffee.

Will see about moving plants today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was kind of a busy day: regular morning stuff.. Had to drive up to a mall, I had not been to in many years. I got lost in it looking for a speciality store. I must have walked 1/2 of the huge mall. My hip was talking to me. I could not find it-- no maps available!! No signs pointing to it!! No one knew where it was. It is a small store with a select clientele.

I finally found some signs which directed you to Customer (guest) services. I was exasperated enough to follow the signs! :livid:
This led to an area behind the stores, then down a long empty dank corridor to a 'semi-service' elevator, down to the basement!! :censored:
Then the signs and arrows led down another empty dank corridor past an ugly conference room. I heard voices, so followed them into a construction area, where workmen were working on an empty elevator shaft!! OMG...I was livid at this point. :fuming:
I quickly exited the room, and followed the arrows down the empty dirty corridor, FINALLY to 'Guest/Customer" Services!!
At this point I was not happy.. hip was really talking to me.. I opened the door, heard voices. Finally, a young woman came out. She had to look up where this store was!! and give me verbal directions, since they still do not have a map of the mall! I also told her the touch kiosks were not working to find information. I was furious and explained that I was being cranky with them. Another woman, her boss came out.. I again re-iterated that there are NO signs, No maps, no one available to ask... She disagreed with me and said there were signs for the store. I was furious and told her she was wrong... ugh:angrywoman::angrywoman::censored::livid::angryfire:

Long story short, I had to back track, all my steps. I had passed by it, along my way.. There were NO signs pointing to it.. It was near the entrance I parked at!! :whistle::yelling:

At the shop, I told them what occurred. They said they have tried and tried many times, to have signs; but at this point, it is going to take a bunch of people to go to Customer Services and complain. This store has been there forever.. dam..
~~
I got what I needed, stopped to do another errand on the way home, got gas for my car....

It was raining at this point. I physically needed to get back home--- hip yelling at me..
Forgot to pick up 2 more things..
~~~~~
So today:
* up early
*Quickly Medicate Geoffrey
*out to Boston for early PCP appointment-- yearly, nothing to eat...
*Home for much needed caffeine---- Holiday Roast coffee from Peets.. and GoMacro bar on the way home.
** quick comp time while sipping coffee
* Out for rest of errands!!!

Jeesh, What a couple of days...

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , that does NOT sound like fun! Glad you did at least finally find it, but sheesh!

Errands this morning, hardware/garden store for snowblower oil, pet store, dollar store. I saw some half price plants and shrubs at the hardware store that I was tempted to buy but first I need to make sure I have a good spot for them. It’s a beautiful day so I will probably head outside to to that this afternoon.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
And; I still forgot to pick up some shampoo!! That's 2 days in a row!! Man, my mind.. and I made a list; only to not look a the list!!
It's the grey hair getting to me!!
Now, it will have to wait until Thursday or Friday!!
( I do have another bottle, but I like to keep it in stock.. that and conditioner)...

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
After errands yesterday I stopped and got my RSV vacs. Arm is a little sore but it feels good to have the last one done. It also feels good to have the “must do” list getting smaller. Some financial things to work on this morning and a bit of laundry and that is it.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see - yesterday I moved 5 potted plants from outdoors to house and Himself moved them upstairs to our closet (there are a pair of quarter round windows and plants go on a shelf by them) and to the spacious balcony. The two humidifiers were moved out of storage and connected to outlets - great room and bedroom. But no water added, that will wait until we're making fires in the wood burning stove.

My arm where I got the covid vaccine on Monday doesn't ache any more. Himself ditto. Will see how RSV goes next Monday.

Move a few more plants indoors today, I hope. And rearrange some things in the greenhouse. Straighten up the leaning pole on which the bird feeder hangs. Fill and hang the second one. Dismount, disassemble, thoroughly clean thistle feeder. Refill and rehang when dry.

It's odd - around noon each day I see a handful of chickadees and titmice all together at the new feeder, but not at other times of day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's really foggy out this morning. Can't see across the road in front of the house.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and back here with my coffee
  • Continue to work on the computer/cookbook
  • I'd like to grab a few groceries, but don't know if we'll get there or not

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Supposed to start raining sometime in the afternoon. Now the local weather-weenies are saying that the rain won't be as bad as they originally thought for the weekend.

Last night, I was in bed and sound asleep by around 7. I really crashed. But then I woke up around 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Typical. Wake up to pee and then lie in bed, thinking of everything and anything.
  • I don't know; we're debating if we want to grab groceries today. We may just run to Giant for coffee, so we don't run out.
  • I've been getting the computer cleaned up a bit. Got way behind on cleaning up emails.
But that's it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
Geoffrey is still not feeling well... better, but not normal.
*tried play with him--nothing
*ate a bit of wet food
*cuddled with him a lot this morning..
* refolded a long linen which was used this week.
* repacked some things.
* quick daily vacuum
* moved car, got an iced coffee-- it is a bit warn around here. damp, and warmish
*did some business on line
* Now to dump litter and do a full clean out of Geoffrey's litter box

not much else.. If I do the litter box, then I will have accomplished what I want I had planned for today.

Still do not feel like putting up Fall decorations--- not into it, this year, which is strange because I love the fall colors and decorations.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
After doing absolutely nothing yesterday, today was so productive. Stopped at Macy’s and found a bargain $3.68 memory foam bath mat for Lola’s room. She just loves these mats and I have been looking for one for the sofa in her room. Hauled an ancient half full gas can to the hazardous waste site. It’s only in my area for a couple weekends each October and I have missed it for the last four years. Stopped at the grocery store on my way back and found they had large packs of the boneless thin sliced pork chops that I prefer on sale. I just used up the last in the freezer this week. I will get these all vacuum sealed tomorrow. And lastly I got both front and back yards mowed. Usually I split the mowing between two days but it’s beautiful out and I had the energy to do it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You know, I was just thinking about Christmas stuff. Usually I start to decorate the kitchen on Veterans Day weekend. But I think I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving this year. I don't know, with everything going on, my mind isn't where it should be. I did manage to get fall and some Halloween stuff out. I'll put away the Halloween stuff, keep the fall stuff, and call it good until Thanksgiving weekend. You have so much going on with G and all, too.

We did grab a few groceries yesterday. Not a large order, but enough to see us through for a week or two. Just went to Giant.

Man, is it ever gusty out! Rick was going to burn this morning, but I doubt that will get done. Local weather-weenies said last night not to be surprised if we saw a few *gulp!* white things floating around tomorrow afternoon. Bah!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm back here with my coffee. Molli puked up her breakfast in the hallway, thankfully on the floor and not a rug. Easy clean-up. I need to scoop.
  • When Dear Richard turns the game on, I'm hitting the Shed.
  • Still working on computer/cookbook.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Threw some rugs in the washer when I went down to row this morning. I need to get my pork chops all vacuum sealed and do a bit of organizing in the freezer to see what else I might be low on and what should be tossed. Probably some garage work this afternoon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sunny, but another gusty day. Rick will likely not get his burning done today either. Fortunately, the rest of this week is supposed to be fairly nice.

Something funky in the Shed going on. I went out yesterday; the tv sound was gone and the screen was on Troubleshooting for sound, something like that. And now, when I turn the tv on, it goes to Samsung tv first; I've never even looked at Samsung tv. There were 3 books on the floor in front of the bookcase. Picked up the books, got the sound issue straightened-out, and turned the heat back down. I keep the heat at 2 on the heaters; both were set at 3. Came in and told Rick; he and I went back out and walked around the Shed, looking for anything. Nothing was amiss outside, other than branches from the wind. I was out there last weekend and all was fine. Nothing on the cameras either. Guess we're getting close to Halloween!

Nothing really on my agenda:
  • I have butter softening on the counter. For some reason, I want Cowboy Cookies. Rick won't eat them bc of the shredded coconut. I'll make the dough this afternoon, chill it overnight, and then bake them tomorrow. Not a large batch, just enough for me to check them out. Rick can take some over to our neighbors.
  • My day to scoop.
And that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.