Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a mid-day email today (first one since 3rd week in July) from the contractor I've been discussing things with since March - how about he comes tomorrow to replace the greenhouse polycarbonate roof. Do you really need to think twice what my answer was? Really gives advance notice . . .

So today I took the interior shade cloth panels down. Rolled up intending to box up for the winter but will need to re-roll as it was a sloppy job.

Cleared all plants (pots of dormant freesia, oxalis, lachenalia, etc) off the top shelves and moved under the benches.

Discovered that the wrens must have been nesting in the hanging basket of Pothos 'Brasil' as there is a nice moss construction in there.

Stay tuned for future developments.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much on the "to do" list today...
Work
Get oil change
Pick up dinner

Tomorrow is my normal Saturday list...

Change bed sheets
Clean bathrooms
Do 1-2 loads of laundry (bedding and clothes)

But I also need to hose off my driver's side floor mat. It is filthy/dusty from my shoes due to having a gravel driveway.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
** meds for Geoffrey periodically during the day
* Quick Swiffer around here
* Hairdresser--- hair was so long.. She cut a lot off.. fringe bangs, kind of a short bob, parted on side. Met a woman I went to Northeastern with.. She is a talker!
*picked up some litter... only one box, and some Weruva food at Petco..
* Called pharmacy, Got my Covid Booster
* picked up some chips, and popcorn----expecting to be sick from the booster--I always am..
* Quick Caesar salad for supper.. made myself. with some rotisserie chicken. Animal crackers for dessert

Today....
** cleaner is coming in to scrub entire bathroom, and kitchen floor. It really needs it..
* Need to clean out litterbox
* change bed sheets
* Supper---planning on a baked potato (either sweet or white), chicken, and broccoli--easy..
*** Periodically medicate Geoffrey...
All the above is in flux, due to Geoffrey, and how I feel...

The booster really stung when it was injected. A different person did it. The muscle is really sore.. 16 hours later, no other side effects.. shush!! Just waiting.. not all that hungry--which is good for me.. Only a feeling of warmth/cool last night.

I guess there is a shortage of Moderna Boosters.
I have stayed with Pfizer, so I was all set. I could not believe how busy the pharmacy was. So many people getting the booster! Incredible! They fit the walk-ins, in between the scheduled appointment. I was lucky. Only waited around 30 minutes for it.

Today is a cool fall day.. good for a hot meal.. Tomorrow will be hot, humid.. ugh. not this time of year! We need temps in the 70's with low humidity.. but today is close.. long sleeves, leggings, and perhaps socks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom We'd like to get our boosters, but they don't have them yet. We're using and staying with Moderna, since that's what we started out with. We're planning on the booster and flu shot at the same time. That way, both our arms can hurt equally. You take care of yourself.

Another chilly night, but it felt good. I crashed last night around 10:00. I was tired. And slept well until around 3:30 when the coyotes across the road started "singing". At least we think they're coyotes. I don't know of any other animal that would sound like that. They moved in around 3 years or so ago and we hear them regularly. We think it's a fairly large pack, judging from the sounds. They're actually pretty cool; I'd love to see them.

Rick left for the drag races. He'll meet our son and GS down there. I've got the whole day to myself! I charged my iPod during the night, so I'll have music for the day.
  • First of two loads of laundry is in the washer. While I was down there, I took a pork roast out of the freezer and threw it into the fridge to thaw. That's for dinner on Sunday.
  • Typically, we didn't get anything moved out of the computer room last night, so after I'm done with my coffee, I'll start moving furniture around. Vacuum, clean as best I can, wipe down the walls, wash the windows, Bona the floors. Take the litter boxes outside, clean them, and keep them in the sun for the afternoon. Then bring them in and refill them. Move everything back into the room, dusting as I go.
  • And while I have the Bona out, I'll clean the bathroom and Bona that floor, too. (I cannot do the bedroom floor because I really do need Rick's help for that. There's simply no way I can move the stuff around in there by myself.)
  • Vacuum the rest of the house and do a Swiffer. I think I'm going to put the Halloween stuff out today, while I'm getting stuff done.
  • I'm going to clean out the totes that I had baking supplies in and put the baking stuff back into the lazy Susan and in the pantry closet. We've been diligently looking for any remaining ants in the kitchen and haven't found any, so maybe, just maybe, they're gone. That's been a long haul and I tired of it a long time ago.
  • Thinking of making a batch of garlic-parm rolls. I'll have to make the dough today and throw it in the fridge overnight. Then make the rolls tomorrow.
Going to be a busy day....guess I should get started.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, nothing was accomplished, yesterday. I was physically fatigued. As soon as the cleaner left, I got my PJs on.. and stayed that way, all day.. lied down with Geoffrey for about an hour.

I did not set the alarm for Mass this morning. I did not want to ... Of course, sleep was pretty non-existent: tossed an turned all night. Could not find a comfortable position. Each time I moved, Geoffrey moved, only to find a new spot to cuddle up tight against me, purring away... sweet boy..

I think I am going to noontime mass.. I do not expect much else to be done today.. I should clean out the litter Genie..
My arm/muscle--bicep is still really sore from the booster shot.

Not sure about supper--- salad, or popcorn..or baked potato.. not sure.. It is very humid here... in the 70's.. Rain tonight.
One of those days when you keep opening and closing the windows, due to dampness.. or put the AC on and freeze.. at least I do..

Another quiet day.. Monday is rain, all day.. Hopefully, I will be 100% back. I think I am today, but I am going. myself a break.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom The side effects from those boosters are not pretty. Take it easy today (and tomorrow too, if need be).

I actually got everything done yesterday, except for the dough for the garlic-parm rolls. I just ran out of time. The room back here looks good (except for Rick's desk, which I don't touch). Bathroom looks good and the bedroom's not bad at all, even though I didn't get the floor done. Laundry is caught up. Kitchen is cleaned. I stayed up until about an hour after Rick got home, so that we could chat for a while, but I crashed around midnight. My knee felt stiff and my back was achy.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty as I did that last night while waiting for Dear Richard to get home. Sitting here with my coffee.
  • Must scoop those pretty (and clean!) boxes this morning; they won't stay pretty long, that's for sure. After cleaning them, I had them out on the deck all afternoon yesterday.
  • Other than making dinner tonight, I'm not doing much at all today. Rick will be watching football this afternoon and I'll hit the Shed. I'm going to put the pork roast together now and get it rolled up, tied, and back in the fridge, so that all I need to do is throw it into the NFG.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling better today. I do have a slight rash on my torsos which I et with every single vaccination of every type.. It is maddening.. but I guess that means that my immune system is working??? who knows??
The only thing bothering me is a bit of asthma.. being short of breath.. It could be because of all the weight I regained.; or from the booster.

I managed to;
*regular morning stuff
*All meds for Geoffrey---oops except one more.. He has gained the weight back, plus more. I am going to cut back on the mirtzapine a bit. I will contact IMVet tomorrow morning--He is not in, but is so dedicated; that he checks in, on his days off.
*Went to noontime mass
* picked up a script
*Cleaned Litter Genie
* snack of dry roasted peanuts, and an apple
*Supper was a salad with some leftover chicken. Put too much salad dressing in it---yuck..

That is about it.. enough for the day..

Sundays are really boring to me. They really are. Not a football fan.. actually, Saturdays are boring also.. I guess that is what happens when you are retired. You can do you errands on weekdays when it is not crowded!!:p

Hope I sleep tonight. I was up most of the night, tossing and turning. Geoffrey was highly upset with me.. He had to keep changing his cuddle positions-- not a happy camper.. Hate to tell him, neither was I...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I become a football widow every fall. On Saturdays it's college football. On Sundays, it's professional football. Monday Night Football. And then Thursday Night Football, which is now on Prime, I think. The man loves his football. On the weekends, I get my work done in the morning and hit the Shed for the afternoon. We get together for dinner (on the couch, in front of the TV because....it's football) and then I usually go back to the bedroom at night to watch tv, read, etc. It doesn't really bother me; if there's really some place I really want to go, he'll go with me. But yeah, football.

Tired and still a bit achy with the knee this morning. I'm not going to walk today.
  • Took the Tucson into the garage for some routine checks. We're taking it to Vermont, so I wanted to make sure things were OK. He'll check it all out and get back to us this afternoon. (I'm not used to dealing with morning traffic anymore, so it was interesting this morning. I haven't missed it!)
  • Meds at Target. Lately, it seems that I should just start living at Target as I've been there often enough with this med and that med. We'll check for the boosters again while we're there, too.
Not much to do today really.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Slept a bit better last night, but not great...
* Up, put tv on.. watching the Queens funeral procession--missed the mass.. It is kind of captivating. A bit of history. Will never see this again.
*Tried giving Geoffrey his first dose of Zofran--no go.. he is not liking the Rawz anymore!! ugh
* change sheets
* regular morning stuff, including all day medications for G
*perhaps attending a meet and greet with a podiatrist who is coming into the building. I need to know his instrument sterilization techniques.. Yup, me, the medical, heebie-jeebie person.. no more germies for me. Knowledge for the future.
* have to change out litter box.

Supper: who knows.. perhaps another salad? or a small frittata. or a baked potato.. tired of chicken. nothing good on menu: rotisserie chicken.. nope..

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dropped off "Jackpot" at the Veterinarian too do a UTI check and trim his nails. Need to Finish painting the Metal Bird Bath Frame. Do some woodworking in the basement.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today: Who knows what is in store?
* Up early for early doctors appointment. Get yelled at for weight gain! Supposed to lose, not gain!!
* medicate Geoffrey, as much as I can before I leave.
*Quick, shortened morning stuff.
* medicate, feed Geoffrey during the day
** Who knows? I need to do a good vacuum, and I also need to use the guy to walk..

I have some soup in the refrigerator.. but.. I do not know what I will have for supper. Dining room food, blah..
Perhaps my version of a stove top frittata.

Cold today.. I do not like it.

I need to review my article for the next newspaper.. I am not into writing or reading.. in a slump.. too much happening...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I feel your pain re the doctor's lecture about weight. I get it every time I go in.

My knee is feeling much better this morning, thankfully. Still get a twinge every now and then, but overall, I'll take it. I could just see me going back in to the ortho-weenie and saying, "I boogered my knee....AGAIN!" I'm going to take it easy yet today and see what happens. I started doing the stretching exercises again. They seem to help.

Rick started in the other day with not feeling well. At first he thought it might be a sinus headache, but it was funky. He was worried about Covid, so he's slept on the couch the last couple of nights. His idea, not mine. I could have it by now anyway. He says he's starting to feel better. If he doesn't, he's going to the doctor, if I have to drag him there myself by (what's left of) his hair. Stubbornness is what put him in the hospital back in June. We are not going there again.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • One load of laundry
  • We might (might) do a bit of shopping at some point today. I placed an order this morning for a few tops and sweaters for fall and they should be here within the week. I pretty much live in tees, sweat shirts and sweat pants around the house during the colder months, but needed a few things for when we go to dinner or to visit friends....although I'd wear sweats then, too, if I thought I could get away with it. Rick gives me crap for my sweats "uniforms," but I'm around the house most of the time and they're comfy.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Retrieved "Jackpot " from the Veterinarian Clinic this morning . He didn't have UTI. But has a irritated stomach. So will be on a oral med once a day for 2 weeks. Finished my Perennial Replanting from the deck to the front garden. After lunch continue with my remodeling of "Man Cave" in basement .

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
*Quick morning stuff-- probably not vacuum, Maybe later this afternoon.
* medicate Geoffrey during day
* Cornhole at 9:30am
* not sure what else..
*** need to pay bills
** Update the article for Friday

Who knows what else?

Tomorrow is Geoffrey's bloodiest and urinalysis. Getting anxious about that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A bit of a headache this morning, but nothing big. Yet. It's a cooler morning and I'm glad, although we are to get into the 80s today. The rain comes tonight with the really cool temps to follow. Soup weather. And bread baking. I think we're done with 90-degree temps. After this past summer, I promise I won't complain (much!) about the cold weather this winter.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. Mollipop came back to bed and, when I awakened, she was flopped under my right arm, cuddled up close. My baby. I gave them their after-breakfast breakfast while I made my coffee. Drinking my coffee now and must clean litter boxes.
  • I think I've said this every day this week: Going to Target to pick up those blasted meds. We never seem to get there! Hopefully today. We'll check on the availability of the Covid booster, too. And Kohl's for a couple pairs of jeans.
  • Need to check the Bin Porch at the orchard in Biglersville to see if the Granny Smiths are in yet. Almost time to get apples. :yess:And apple cider. And apple cider donuts. I don't like apple cider to just drink, but I love to cook with it. Apple cider basted baked ham. Pork in apple cider. Apple cider basted roasted chicken. Yum. Yum. And yum!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Hoping your migraine has vanished!! :vibes: and that Rick is feeling better:vibes::vibes:
Feeling anxious this morning. It began yesterday afternoon. I am trying to keep calm, for Geoffrey's sake.
We go in, actually leave the apartment at 9:45am for his testing. It is extremely important.. He looks and acts so normal. He feels good, he is seems to be almost like his old self. I am praying that these tests come out good.

What I really hate doing is going through the "mob". The facilities director said I could use the side door (employees entrance and deliveries, on the alley side of the building. He is so good to me. To all in here; just a good guy. I was going to use it, but, it would be just my luck to be blocked in or to stop a delivery by a tractor trailer, containing food deliveries.. If worse comes to worse, I will use the side door.

The weather will be pouring during the time I come home, and return.. The front area has bit of an overhang, so fingers crossed.

Today:
* Quick Swiffer, morning stuff
* medicate Geoffrey
* Go get car, park it in front, get Geoffrey. Going to use my own mini-flatbed to take him downstairs. Between the carrier and him, it is too heavy and too far for me to hand carry.
*Put Geoffrey and mini-flat bed in car---I will be soaked by then.
* Angell for testing
* back home, doing the reverse.
** Do not know about the rest of the day.
* Wait for Dr B to call~. not leaving the apartment.

I was so upset yesterday afternoon. It was about my article. I emailed the Person, (programming director), a correction and an additional photo to add to it. I went down to see if she received it. She said my article was TOO long-- 3 pages, including all the pictures.. She said it needs to be cut down!! I was furious. I spent so much time researching it, typing, composing it!! My head blew! plus I was on edge because of Geoffrey. She said, paper is "expensive'!! WHAT!!.. I said not that much.
I said it was only one more ream of paper for the entire building. She counted: 'Do you know the price of a ream?"
I said, " No, but I can go upstairs, look on Staples and find out".

I also asked 'when was it stated that our articles are only 2 pages long?" She said it is too expensive. I said that I am not cutting it...
She said she will make copies of it, and ask everyone on the newspaper, at out meeting on Friday, as to where it can be edited/cut down. I was furious! I stormed out of there.. She is so cheap. I am tired of her being so cheap.
She also eliminated the last page from her mock up!! So people are reading 1/3 of an article!! dam her!

She also whined, again-- about publishing it monthly, vs her wanting to do it quarterly. People look forward to it.

After looking up paper prices, I emailed her. Tried to be as good as I can, but stood my ground.
I told here that she needs to replace the third page, so people can read it, in its entirety. Also, that paper is not that expensive.

I told her that she should be happy that the paper is such a hit, and people look forward to it. If it is such an expense to HER budget, then disband it.... rather than decreasing content or issues. I told her to cut her own article out for one month, as this was supposed to be a resident geared paper, with residents writing it. Oh Boy!! I can just imagine her seething!

I can hardly wait to see her today.. dam her.
I have a good mind to just drop out of the newspaper. But I do like to write.

Yesterday morning, I found out from a corn hole player, that she suggested and article about the life of one of the residents in here.. like a biography. The programming person, told her to ask ME, to help the one suggesting the article: to write it!! So I guess I write ok.. dam.. not gonna do it..

anyway, my vent for the day..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Good luck with Geoffrey. I know that sounds trite, but we're rooting for him today. And I hope you receive great news for him. Stay dry!
Don't give the woman the satisfaction of dropping out of writing for the newspaper. Sounds like she might be a little envious of your abilities. And if it is supposed to be written by the residents, why is she writing an article? Is it a From the Editor kind of article?

Finally got to Target yesterday. And ran some other errands. Came home with two pairs of Lee jeans, two sweatshirts, and five tees. Rick bought two pairs of jeans as well.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made coffee for Rick and went back to bed. Molli awakened me around 2:30 when I thought she was going to puke. She didn't. But then the garbage-weenies came to across the road. Then we got a t-storm. I was awake until 5:30 or so. I finally fell asleep until they decided breakfast would be a good idea at 6:30. I was pooped and the bed looked very comforting on a rainy morning.
  • Ordered a pair of boots (booties). Should be here by next Monday.
  • Quick vacuum, swiffer, etc. Nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.