Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester .. We are back.. Omg, no matter where I take Geoffrey, all the techs, comment on how sweet a boy he is.
I had them trim his nails, also. They are long. I usually do them, but with all the meds; I could not in my heart do this to him--he hates it.. I do not care if I have to pay extra for it.

BTW.. I got a reply to my email to L (self imposed editor, programming director of building); her son is gay.. and I think she feels a need to defend his choice; rationalize it to herself, and perhaps guilt. Her column is: LGBTQ.. Not well received by the mainstream in here!!
Anyway, She said she cannot remove her article because it is the "jumping off point" for a huge LBGTQ platform for the MAIN Company which owns my building!! I hit back on that: The first meeting we had, we decided not to discuss building or Corporate Projects. We were entirely dealing with 'our' writing. Also told her that if she is having a column, then the entire staff in here should have one. That she is using the newspaper as a platform for her own agenda..

Yup, not well received... When I stick up for myself, I really go too far..

She told me: "You are very talented; but if you are unhappy, then you can drop out."
Replied back: "With all of this, I have been thinking about it."

Oh, I know another person would come along to take my place..But, honestly, I write research type articles. Another is an awesome writer who reminisces about growing up--very well received. Another is Gay and writes about Women and their causes.. like "Women as Slaves", first women in stuff..

I have nothing against anyone who is gay.. I have worked with many.I accept them. I just do not want it rammed down my throat.

So, if I leave, that only leaves the other 2.. and perhaps, and I mean perhaps, a couple minor things: a poem, someone who cannot write, interviewing staff.. games, cartoons.. and perhaps another article from someone.. That is it..
I was talking to my therapist about taking a break.. I felt I needed one.
Now, I am thinking of attending the meeting Friday afternoon... sticking to my guns.. I really want to go down to Staples and buy a ream of paper and throw it at L's face!!

Ugh.. chalk it up to anxiety about Geoffrey, being burnt out; being sick of being told what I can and cannot do..
I never really cared for this person, anyway.. too authoritative, too unbending.. never liked her when she was working in the gym.

Now, waiting for results... not leaving the house..

I am not vacuuming today. I do not want to stress Geoffrey out any more. I am going to get into my comfy cozy pjs.. not leaving because I do not want to miss a phone call. Last time, I ran out to throw the trash out, and to pick up mail.. took my phone and missed the call.. after missing it calls earlier in the day.. Not doing that this time..

May just cuddle with Geoffrey..and make a salad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom He never stops being amazing. And you keep on keeping on. Great job!

Chilly and breezy today, but we were fine. That's what sweatshirts are for.
  • Worked outside in the yard this afternoon.
  • I froze a cookie sheet of sliced peppers, a gallon freezer bag of tomatoes, and two pints of green beans. That's the second time Rick has picked green beans from his replanting back in July. They're really nice.
  • We went out tonight to cover up peppers, green beans, and tomatoes with flannel sheets.
  • Came back in the house and I made cookie doughs for macadamia nut and vanilla chip cookies and chocolate chip cookies. Well, they started out as chocolate chip. I started with a cup of regular chocolate chip, then threw in a cup of mini chocolate chips, then a cup of Heath Bits. Hopefully, they'll be appropriately decadent! I'll bake them tomorrow. And make some peanut butter cookies.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You amaze me!!
Geoffrey is feeling so good, that he is fussing with his food! He does not want the Rawz anymore! He wants Weruva!! NO way. Bad Mama is back. He does not like this .. Bad Mama..

Yesterday;
* morning stuff.. vacuumed. Medications during day
*fighting with Geoffrey to eat. Not taking the food/med trick.. so he is getting another pilling!!
*Errands
*newspaper meeting
* salad for supper.

Today:
* regular morning stuff--vacuum
* medicate Geoffrey... Chemo day..
* Need to do some laundry---ugh.. all day procedure
* ? supper... maybe another salad, or omelette, or chicken I have to make. Probably just a salad, due to washing clothes.
Need to do other stuff around here
* trash day

BTW, I got my entire article in the newspaper! many corrections because I did not read through it. I just submitted it. Geoffrey was a going through a very bad period when I wrote it. "She" reduced the size of the pictures. I think what got to her was that I gave my article to a friend in here. My friend commented on it to "Her" the night before; telling here how wonderful it is.
Weird, though.. "She" is the "self proclaimed" editor, and she is allowed 2 articles: yet, she was fighting me about the length of my article.. dam her....
Anyway... the is done.. and it is the front page article! I think the fact that I was on the verge of quitting, kind of got her thinking.. and my friend.

More important things in life..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm so glad G is doing so much better! And you go, woman! Congrats on getting your article published!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made coffee for Rick and hot cocoa for me
  • One load of laundry
  • Baked the cookies (did not make the PB cookies today)
  • Swept the deck and the patio at the WeShed, watered the indoor plants. I still have the large pathos out on the deck and will have to bring it in soon. Hung out in the WeShed for a couple of hours.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Woke up with the Headache from Hades this morning.

Not doing a blasted thing today. No laundry, no vacuuming, no cleaning. On the couch til Rick turns on football. Then I'm hitting the Shed. Not even making dinner tonight.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Up all night with Geoffrey. He has diarrhea!! Yup, tru diarrhea! dm...
I am so exhausted. It hit, last night as I went to bed. Great timing.
Poor baby. I know it is his IBD... He stopped eating his prescription food, Went to Rawz.. Then he started not eating... Vet said give him anything.. When he was given Zofran, I tried a 1/2 can of Weruva to take it. That progressed to 1/2 can a day, as a treat for his pills..
Friday night, and all day yesterday, he was fussing with his Rawz.. not eating it. Since it was a chemo day, I gave him a
Weruva beef & tuna pouch... then the explosion happened.

Poor thing.. Geoffrey was pacing back & forth, not eating even after the Mirtaz... Crying as he walked, which is not a reaction form him with the mirtz.. I thought it strange. He yelled, and had diarrhea.. poor thing.. must have been the cramps..

So each time he had a cramp, he would jump on me, cry, pace and then into litter box...
~~
Today:
* up for Mass.. prayed for Geoffrey
* gave him Cerenia, Zofran, and a probiotic
** trying to get him to eat...
* ran to grocery store---discovered I am short on a few things.. I have been so involved with him...
*Cleaned up litter Genie, and scoop
**** Need to vacuum up all the litter.
** have chicken which I HAVE to make. I need a good meal.
** hopefully a nap..

Praying his diarrhea stops. I have S Boulardi. At 1AM, I was emptying the capsules into a tiny plastic bowl, and filling
size 3 empty gel caps. I was afraid to give it to him.. I looked up the dosage on IBDKITTIES.COM.
The diarrhea has slowed down.. only once in box--must have dozed off for a couple hours. And a tiny squiggle when I came back from Mass.
I think he was just in litter box. If there is more in there, I am going to try one of my capsules.
He has no appetite despite the mirtz.. dam

With this cat, it is one small step forward, one major jump backward... I think he is running out of lives..

And it is the Weekend... and the Jewish Holiday! Dr B will not be in until Wednesday. He does not have an associate covering.. but there is a covering doctor, who will CALL Dr B for advice.. dam..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was supposedly going to rain about 2:00 p.m. Having rearranged the furniture yesterday I asked Himself if I should first go shopping and get gas, after which we'd move the banana plant off the deck and into the great room. His answer - move it first. So he brought the three wheel hand truck up from the basement while I retrieved the sturdy 4-wheel plant stand. Then the fun began.

This banana plant and pot is just about at the limit of what the two of us can lift up, and then by just a few inches. So we get it on the hand truck, wheel the length of the deck, need to go down two steps to the lower deck, modest distance along lower deck and then into the house. We did deck, steps, deck. Paused for discussion. Concern was that wheeling it up and onto the doorsill might damage said sill. With major effort, some grunting, picked it up and into the house it came! Hurrah!

Onto plant stand and roll to its location. Clean up. Off I go to Lowes for bags of sand and top soil, Wal-Mart for this and that, Costco just for gas ($3.329 for regular) and home again.

And as I got within about 3 miles of home - guess what? It began to rain.

Great Room in Winter_2022-09_with banana.jpg

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I didn't even make it to the Shed yesterday. After scooping the boxes, I went back to bed around noon or so (I think it was) and finally dragged my butt back out around 6:00 last night. Made a slice of dry toast, drank a small mug of Coke with lots of crushed ice, and back to bed for the night. Mollipop stayed with me the entire afternoon and most of the evening; she finally started romping around a bit with Tabby around 9:00 or last night. I guess she thought I was going to live. I feel semi-human this morning. Yesterday was just nasty.

And when I got up to give the girls their breakfast? My vision started breaking. Fortunately, it dissipated after about 15 minutes or so. Maybe it was an after-effect from last night. I'm really tired.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and grabbed a quick shower.
  • No coffee as we're going out for breakfast.
  • Hit the grocery store.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I

Unloaded dishwasher

Stripped bed and washed / dried sheets. Back upstairs but bed not yet remade.
Washed / dried / folded dark load
Washed / dried / folded white load

Emptied a bag of sand that was in my car into kitty litter tub and moved to where it is kept in the garage.
Emptied 2 and 1/2 bags of top soil (all that would fit) from back of my car into plastic bin in garage.

Vacuumed basement area where plants will sleep away the winter

Intermittent handyman here. He simply Picked Up second outdoor banana plant and Carried it upstairs. Oh to be young and strong.
Then he and I used hand truck to move two large plants into basement. That is to say I directed and he did
We (you like that royal "we"?) used garden cart to move 6 or so smaller pots from staging area outside / across back lawn into basement storage area
And we used garden cart to move 6 or so smaller plants from that outside staging area into greenhouse

Late this afternoon I baked two apple blitz kuchen, then chocolate chip cookies that had previously been mixed, shaped, frozen

Busy day, and it isn't over yet.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I did not sleep well, again.. dam. I do not know what is on my mind.. I was not even tired, at my usual bedtime, staying up an hour later.
Today:
*regular stuff--- morning chores and medicating Geoffrey
* change bed sheets
* trash
* I need to use the treadmill today. I really do..
** seriously need to dust furniture..

I do not know what else is on my list.
Geoffrey is fussing for food, again. He is lying on the arm of my chair. He only does this when he refuses food. He has been there for at least 30 minutes.. Trying to get me to change his food. I do not even want to give him his morning meds, because he is so sweet. He never gets this close to me, while I am sitting. He is purring so hard; that you can see his body breathing/purring...

He did not wake me up! It is a cloudy day. The sun coming in, makes a difference to him. He ate a fair amount yesterday.
Not much during the night. That is ok.. as long as he is eating.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You sound really stressed (and I understand why). Hit that treadmill for all you're worth; you'll feel much better.
C catapault You got a lot done!
vansX2 vansX2 What are Blue Bell roots?

I just love my coffee. Enough coffee and I swear I could rule the world.
  • My dough is rising. Going to make hamburger buns. Need to get that peanut butter cookie dough made and in the fridge.
  • Bed sheets are in the washer; I'll just throw them back on the bed when they're dry.
  • Going to try my luck with dehydrating garlic and making granulated garlic and some garlic powder. The worst part is peeling and slicing over 2 pounds of garlic. Anybody want to come in and help me slice garlic? Please? Stay for dinner!
  • I need to get some peppers ready for the freezer.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
No, I do not feel very stressed.. just normal.. and lazy... Bad mama has returned.. Last time this happened, Geoffrey had diarrhea.. so who the heck knows.. just doing 'my' thing.. Geoffrey is back to my chair.. Was on top of the back of the chair, now, back to the arm.. dam cat wants the 'bad' food...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh.. Geoffrey had one episode of diarrhea late afternoon.. Poor appetite. Cannot tell if he is fussy or not feeling well.. more like a combination of both.

**Up early for Garage
* medicate G all during the day.
* When done at the garage, do some errands. Have coupons which expire 9/30
* One moment to the next

Status
Not open for further replies.