Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We did our bi-weekly Costco run this morning. I'm always amazed at how quickly we get through the checkout (especially now that they have self-checkout) when the parking lot looks so full.

When we got back, I made granola. One batch lasts me two weeks. I used to buy it, but the store stopped carrying the kind I liked. Once I realized how incredibly easy it is to make--and how much cheaper--I wouldn't buy it now, even if they restocked the kind I liked.

I'm taking a bit of a break from working on various things for the spring hike series: press release and a couple of posters. Almost done with them! Once the committee finishes looking over the press release, I'll send it out to various media outlets. And I'll post the hikes on area web calendars. We're using Eventbrite for hike registrations so that will make it easy for us to take reservations and for hikers to register.

It's so gorgeous outside that I went out for awhile to pull some weeds and to check the perennials that are beginning to poke up through the dirt. Coral bells, hostas, brunnera are all coming up (and the brunnera is even blooming), and it looks like my calla lily survived the winter. We're in a borderline growing zone for it, but I see teeny little green spears. The dwarf butterfly bush I planted last year has leafed out nicely. I love watching the plants wake up in the spring!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Never did go to Target yesterday. It was raining and terribly windy and we just said, "Blah!" Last night I expected trees to blow down as the wind was that bad. An area of northeastern PA was under a tornado watch for a while. It was just nasty. Wind is supposed to die down today, thankfully.
  • Awakened with a bit of a headache this morning. I'm thinking that some of this is due to weather changes and there's not much I can do about that. Had my coffee and will grab a Pepsi later on. Icy cold and high octane for the caffeine.
  • We are going to Target (at least I'm pretty sure....do we have a rolling eyes emoji??). Rick needs batteries for his trail cam; he's finally going to put it out.
  • Put the country-style spareribs in the the casserole-type crock pot a few minutes ago. The newer crockpots cook a lot faster than the older ones, so 5 hours should do it. Pork and sauerkraut for dinner tonight.
  • Make an angel food cake and salted caramel dip for tomorrow when Bob comes to watch Evil. I'm doing fruit and chunks of cake to dip into the caramel. I asked Rick if that would work and he's all for it. We both love salted caramel.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am so tired this morning. Couldn't fall asleep to save my life. This usually happens on the nights when I have to get up with the girls the next morning. Last time I looked at the clock, it was going on 4:00. And Amber started in around 5:30. I dragged my butt out of bed at 6:30. (Since we're on Savings Time, Amber doesn't start in until 5:30 instead of 4:30 (or 5:00 instead of 4:00). Since we're both retired, there's no reason to get up early anymore, so we're getting up at 6:30. I hate to go back to Standard Time this fall!
  • Angel food cake has been sliced into squares for dipping into the salted caramel dip. I think the caramel dip is too salty, although I followed instructions. We're not used to a lot of salt, so it probably bothers me more than it would other people. Still need to wash, peel, and chop fruit.
  • I think we're only going to watch 3-4 episodes of Evil today and we'll finish it up on Sunday afternoon. Bob said Hemi made him feel so guilty about being away so long last Saturday. I told him to bring Hemi down to the WeShed, but he's afraid Hemi won't like it and then he'll have to take him home. And he doesn't want to deal with a litter box.
  • Two-hour Dead Files episode tonight. I don't know if I'll be able to stay up to watch it!
  • Get online for CVS for second Covid booster for later on next week. They do have them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I did not sleep well last night...I feel asleep watching TV. I was comfortably cool in the living room. Went to bed.. got so hot! and stuffy dry nose!
I ended up taking off the blanket, changed into a summer night shirt... turned the air purifier on high! That was after 1am.. tossed and turned the rest of the night.

Seems that since we have changed the clocks, I am automatically waking up at 7am!
Stayed in bed until after 8am.. I dozed a bit...

Beautiful, almost cloudless sky today! but windy.. I want to open windows, but fear the pollen coming it. I do want fresh air!
I am not planning on doing much today...
* Regular morning stuff
* clean out the Liter Genie
* dump some trash
* read my book for the book club
* contact the local City Councilor to arrange an interview with him for the building's newspaper. I was asked to do this.

Everyone else had a topic they wanted to write on. I did not have any--- so I was given this assignment.
I think I will not only ask him for City Council updates, but also a brief biography of him...

All of this is new to me. I feel somewhat inadequate in my writing abilities, compared to the other reporters.
I never excelled in English or English Comp. I do like to write. My vocabulary, grammar are all over the place. Theirs are so much better than mine..

My article was edited by the "Feminist" previously Wannabe Governor of Tennessee... yes, Her article is on "Woman Slaves"... ugh.. not well received by the populous in here. She ripped my article apart, while editing it... dam..
I feel insecure..

The newspaper will be out next week. I will have to wait to see what has been done to it...

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three things yesterday:
  1. Did 4 hours work at the surgery in the morning so may not need to work too late next Monday. When I came home, I found 3 eggs lying - unbroken - under the Easter tree and a puddle under one of the litter boxes! Which one of my little darlings put her head, body and paws in an XXL litter box and still left her butt halfway out of the door?
  2. Drove into town and picked up 2 new hearing aids: so far so good though I've not put them under any stringent testing yet (i.e. crowded, noisy environment or lecture halls with poor accoustics.) At least music sounds a lot more as it should and less tinny!
  3. Spring has disappeared. Winter is back: freezing wind, rain and sleet! So I set myself down on the couch with hot chocolate, cosy blanket and a good book! At least until the cats took over!
I also slept badly Winchester Winchester . Fell asleep on the couch, went to bed at my usual time but woke up at 2 am. At 5 it was so light I got up to see where I'd left a light on - all the lights were out but so much snow had fallen that daylight seemed to be coming in the front door.
Not feeling much like doing anything today - but managed 2 loads of washing, changed the sheets and am doing my best to keep warm!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i took a trip on a local transit bus to an open air shopping center, with an acquaintance. it wasn't far, and i was able to get to know more of what's in my immediate area. we also went to the nearest public library.

back home, i divvied up the white bread flour and the 7-grain bread flour into gallon zipper bags, then into storage bins.

i'll likely spend some time on a jigsaw puzzle, shortly. then back home to give kitties a meal, scoop litter boxes and take out the trash, and do my medical treatment.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
It was a bad nights sleep. I could not fall asleep--tossed and turned, hot then chilly.. up at midnight. Alarm went off at 5 am.
Early so that I could play and eat with Geoffrey before I get into my Sunday morning pre-Mass rountine.

I shut the alarm off.. I got up really late. Geoffrey was good. Did not bother me until after 8am; once he ran out of food.

Today:
* regular morning stuff
* Noontime Mass
* help my friend with his computer. He has a Windows comp. He somehow has a slip screen on it, and cannot understand why. He cannot get rid of the split screen! He called me to rescue him!!! How do I know?? I have to look it up on the Web, as to how to fix it.. I have a MacAir.
*Gotta go up and fix computer
* Think of something for lunch and supper.... not so hungry for breakfast, but know I will be later today.
* Read my book..
** I should attempt to get stuff ready for recertification, but..... at least I know where things are. I just have to copy a bunch of stuff.

Still draggy, sleepy, teary eyed--allergies... after a dark roast coffee..
Gotta wake up.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You should write an article about the meals! Interview people to see what they think and what they would like changed. Not totally negative, of course, but something to help the kitchen decide what to do about the food.

I don't know if this will help with the split screen. It should:
  1. To remove split after splitting the screen into two, double-click on the vertical or horizontal split boundary. The split is then removed. Alternatively, dragging the boundary to the left/right or top/bottom of the screen also removes the split.
Last night? :sleep2: I was so tired and sleepy that I hit the bed and dropped. Awakened a couple times during the Dead Files' 2-hour program, but quickly dropped back off. I don't remember a thing from it at all. Rick came to bed around midnight and woke me up. And I dropped back off. Amber started in around 4:30, Rick got up at 6:15, and I dropped back off. Woke up at 9:00 with Mollipop snoring at my head. I needed that. And now tonight, I probably won't be able to sleep again.
  • Scooped the boxes and am sitting here with my coffee. Mollipop is back in bed and Muffin just started yelling that she wanted to go back to bed, too. Both in the bedroom. When I opened the door for Muffin to go in, I said, "Girls? Behave! Mama IS listening!" Molli is in bed and Muffin hopped in her stroller. And that is that until their before-lunch lunch around 11:00.
  • Bob is coming in at noon, when he gets Hemi down for his nap. (A cat could do a lot worse than having Bob for his or her dad. He dotes on Hemi. Nothing but the best for the Hemi!) We're going to finish Evil today. Four episodes left.
  • Working on a grocery list. We're getting low on laundry pods and Rick is getting low on creamer.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks for the idea; unfortunately we decided that the newspaper would stay away from the building's issues. If I wrote an article on the food, It would certainly be an eyeopener.. and nothing would be positive, from the tenants point of view. No way to make a good 'thing' out of that subject.

I still feel kind of dejected, a bit belittled and apprehensive about my writing abilities. That 'wanna-be governor of Tennessee/woman's libber/hippie/PHD" person makes me feel insecure. But people told me that I write well. I have a different writing style from others. I write, as I speak--a bit better than how I speak, but not academic at all.

My friend told me that my style is such that people can relate, and enjoy reading what I write.

Thanks for the info on the split screen. I will try that.

*Went to Mass
* fought my way to and through the grocery store. It was demolishing derby in the parking lot and in the store. I decided to walk through, without a carriage. A woman who parked her cart across a narrow opening, ended up my butt. When I stopped to pick up a bottle os sparkling water, she bumped into my leg!! I did not say anything, but gave her a dirty look.
* picked up a script at Rite-Aid.
* Iced coffee at Dunkin---even though it is a bit chilly.. I need a wake up.. allergies bothering me. I was wearing a mask, also.

** now, up to Ernies to play with his laptop.. after I change my clothes. It is hot in his apartment.

Came home and had a wonderful surprise.. Geoffrey ate all the wet food I left him!! He licked the bowl! and he ate the wet food this morning..What a good boy; fingers crossed. He is now he is curled up on top of my bed. It is quiet around here. There are 2 windows cracked open. He deserved his dry food (crunches) for the rest of the day and night!!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three things? How about 3 eggs? 🥚🥚🐣
  1. Woke up yesterday to find 3 eggs lyijng under the Easter tree - none broken!!!
  2. Gave the cats some plastic eggs to play with. They were soon distributed around the house and kicked down the stairs. I stood up from the table and ......... promptly trod on a plastic egg ............CRUNCH!
  3. Woolly Bear knocked an egg off the tree - she was most surprised when it broke - stared at it as if to say - "Come on pull yourself together!"

This morning - a tremendous bang and the Easter tree lay on its side! Water everywhere but the heavy vase is still intact and no eggs broken!
It's now time for the cats to sleep and I'm off to work.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are done with the second season of Evil. It was quite good, even if some of it was a bit difficult to follow. We enjoyed it.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made our coffee, and went back to bed. Got up around 8:30.
  • Working on the second of three loads of laundry.
  • I set up appts for our second Covid booster for this Friday afternoon. Four shots total. Unbelievable.
  • Eye appts this afternoon, followed by a grocery run.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
*regular morning stuff
* out to the local Xfinity store for an upgraded modem
* Starbucks for Iced Cold Brew
* home....

Will be doing stuff around here for a bit.. then down for a stretching class at 3pm....

I attempt to plug in the new modem--not certain if I can do it.. I may wait until Sunday when my cousins grandson (computer whiz) is coming over... just in case.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had therapy this afternoon. After that, I started cleaning my living room and dining room, then vacuuming my bedroom because I've been putting it off for so long. It took nearly 5 hours to finish but things are looking better. I still have some random clutter I need to figure out what to do with. I also need to work on some other spring cleaning projects. I plan on taking Friday off so I might try to do a lot that day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday, i went shopping at WinCo -- my first time shopping there. really good prices and a pretty good selection of grocery items.

there was a lot of noise last night in my building. i was up until around 3:30am with that going on. will mention to management. so, i slept late this morning -- until around 11am! :biggrin: i rarely sleep that late, so i must have needed the sleep.

today i made a couple phone calls, went to an appointment, am now here in the community's computer room, then on to the craft room to spend time with some jigsaw puzzles.

a very nice surprise..... i was talking with someone here and i happened to mention that i was going to buy a large mesh type litter mat, to help catch the last bits of stray litter grains that my cats track from their litter boxes. someone had a barely used large mesh type litter mat that they were going to give away, and offered it to me. i have it set in front of my cats litter boxes now. :yess: i sprayed a fine mist of simple green over it, just in case there might be a slight scent of 'other kitty' having walked on it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Tired right now...
*Regular morning stuff
*Geoffrey vomited and then acted so weird.. He actually cried, very loudly while I was showering. He even tried to get in the tub.. Something must have really spooked him
* Had a rapid Covid Test, from the building. We had one case in here last week. They are right on top of things
* Drove to Boston for Pulmonary Function test, and appointment with Pulmonary..
* Rite-Aid for script.
* made it home in time to get the last parking spot in the lot... and just in time for supper.
*Wiped out.. Do not know why... allergies are bad.

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom That is weird. A senior building should be quiet. Mine is quiet. Definitely take it up with management.
Glad you are enjoying life in there. I finally are getting involved in some very different things for me!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I ripped through the house yesterday. A good vacuuming, dusting (not swiffer, actually dusting), wiped down kitchen and bathroom, scooped the boxes, got the trash together for trash night, and washed the kitchen and bathroom floors. And last night? I crashed around 10:00 and stayed crashed until Amber started in around 5:00. And while I was working in the house, Rick was outside. He burned a huge pile of brush and branches that we've been picking up after every wind storm; that's getting really old. Did some weeding in the garden to prepare for rototilling. And planted rudbeckia seeds in little flats to give them a bit of a start. They're in the WeShed, along with everything else.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • I think we may do a bit of shopping today. And I need to go to the bank to get money out of my "Clarence" account. They're supposed to start working on him today. I was going to do that last week and never got around to it. Lowes for potting soil; I'm going to trim my umbrella tree, but I refuse to throw the branches away and will try to root them. Dear Richard used the last of my potting soil. Hardware store to look at paint samples. Van Alen Green HC-120 | Benjamin Moore
  • Watching Season 2 of Picard

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester That is a nice color of green; reminds me of the color of my parents living room. What are you painting?

I will be interested to know what you think of Picard Season 2.
I am reading good things about it.
I need to watch it..
They have already completed filming Season 3--I hear it is going something else.
Unfortunately, Season 3 is the last one for Picard. That is all Patrick Stewart agreed to. He is, after all, elderly.

I cannot wait for the new ST series to air, in May: Strange New Worlds...

Today:
*another vomit clean up
* regular morning stuff
*hairdresser for cut
*Trader Joes for a couple of things
* Balance class this afternoon
*Cuddle/play with Geoffrey

I do not think anything else, but around her--anything is possible.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom We're (FINALLY) going to paint the living room and hallway and, maybe the kitchen. Rick is talking to a guy on the bowling league who does painting. He graduated with him. The guy said he'll do it, but it won't be right away. And that's fine. But you know me; I need to obsess over color. :paperbag: Rick doesn't like painting and he's nervous about painting the foyer. I'd just as soon pay somebody to get it done. BTW, when is G's vet appt? More toward the end of April?

We didn't get anything done yesterday that I wanted to do and now it looks like we'll do it tomorrow. We're getting our fourth COVID shot tomorrow afternoon, so we'll get our shopping done, get the boosters, and then get home.

I spent the night in the WeShed. Amber was simply ridiculous and, at 12:30, I said, "Enough!" and got dressed and went to the WeShed. Flopped on the couch (didn't open it into the bed), covered up with the blanket, and I was asleep in ten minutes. Awakened at 7:00 when the plant lights turned on and came back into the house. Rick said the next time, he's coming with me; she was terrible last night.
  • Ordered four new cooling racks for cookies. The ones I have now are the Pampered Chef black-coated aluminum and they're really starting to rust. I can still use them for casseroles and such, but I'm not using them for cookies any longer. The problem is that I have ten cooling racks (and I use them). Mom got most of them for me and, when she passed away, I took her racks, too. I'm hoping that four will be a good start again. These are just stainless steel, not coated. And dishwasher-safe. Supposedly.
  • We also made appt to have our taxes done. Finally. Dear Richard always waits til the last minute.
  • It's rainy, windy, and chilly. A good day to hang out with a couple books.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Geoffrey's appointment was originally on April 14. I think I may stretch it out to another day, if I can. ..
He ate so much plastic; (my mistakes--he is a human vacuum when nit comes to plastic, foreign objects-envelopes, etc)
that I wanted to see what his 'unusually normal pattern" of vomiting is.

The IMVet said that sometime within the upcoming month. He is so busy...

I hope I am not making too much out of it.. I do not want to be a hypochondriac.. but his vomiting is seems too much for me. Once a week or every 10 days is ok.. but... He vomits and is usually sick for the remainder of the day.

His PICA is driving me crazy. I am so careful.. no flowers, no plastic anything around here. My chip bags, snack bags are kept in either the oven or microwave, so he cannot get at them! I am so careful with dental floss. I do not even have a waste bucket in the bathroom, because I am afraid he would get into it..

Geoffrey's anxiety is also bad.. He comes out more, but having the windows open, and noises really spooks him.
I started the Feliway plug ins-again.
~~~~
Today:
*tried playing with Geoffrey--not into it.. more interested in seagulls and birds.
refused his wet food. Drove me crazy for the dry.. by trying to eat the air conditioner cover!
*chased him around.. cuddled with him
*regular morning stuff
*dumped trash
*thought I was helping a friend with his computer today---but he forgot, and went out for several hours.. senior minds..
*have stuff to do in here.. paper work, dumping and cleaning litter box... so I will be busy.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
  1. Another egg bit the dust thanks to Woolly Bear - at this rate I won't have many left to wrap up in tissue paper to store until the next time I feel like putting out Easter decorations (I'm thinking positive)
  2. Fed the ferals
  3. Made a trip to IKEA with my daughter. Something we both enjoy but it's best leaving menfolk at home. The shop was really quiet and we enjoyed walking around the showrooms - just looking! We ate lunch there - no noisy families - really fresh salads. Then we went downstairs to look at the smaller items. Came home with a couple of plants, a set of plates, a table lamp and a trolley for DD's sewing items. It's still waiting to be finally screwed together. I was hoping to find a small sideboard for my rather narrow hallway - with a drawer for the car and house keys. But the Scandinavian items were too deep - meaning I may have to spend more money for an elegant Chinese or Asiatic chest which will not take up so much space.
Today:
  1. Wasted time as usual
  2. Got my hearing aids adjusted and a few extra functions added. Managed to get caught in a downpour - drenched to the skin!
  3. Did the week's grocery shopping, got everything indoors before the next storm! Will not put the lightweight recycling trash out for collection till shortly before 7 o'clock in the morning, otherwise the wheely bin will be blown over and everything will fly away! It will not be the first time that has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.