Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Her Kindle is linked to my email. I never received anything. Interestingly, when I went to change the password, it didn't even mention doing a message to any email or getting a code to prove I was who I was. Nothing. It just said that the entire account would be deleted. Or I could go into the Amazon cloud, but I didn't want to do that either, largely because I didn't know how safe that was at this point. I'm going to check on two-factor confirmation. Thank you.

Rick and I are boosted. Again. Other than a sore arm and a headache, I'm good to go. Rick is completely washed out. Usually, it's the other way around with me being pooped and he is fine.

Got up early this morning. We slept with the windows open, first time in forever. And every little noise that something made outside meant that the girls had to investigate. Molli would thump on the cat napper at the window. Another thump and I could see the outline of Tabby joining her at the window. Little chirps as they watched whatever was out there. Thump as Molli jumped off the cat napper. Thump as Muffin would join Tabby. Not a lot of sleep. Amber started yelling around 4:30. And that was that. I got up at 6:00, gave the girls their breakfast, and am back here with my coffee. I was going to go back to bed, but my need for sleep was far outweighed by my need for coffee.
  • I'm going to try to sell the NG Grill and Griddle (7 in 1) on Marketplace. Failing that, I'll try at a yard sale. I don't like it. I don't like how it's set up. It's on a slant, so that the grease now flows into the front of the grill. And so does everything else. The food moves down the grill. There is no main pan and I like using the main pan for casseroles. The bottom grill now has a RELEASE button that you press to remove it. I had given the XL to our son and they love it. So last night while we were waiting our 15 minutes after COVID boosters. I bought a new XL. And the 7 in 1 is going to the basement. I tried to like it. But I don't.
  • Clean the kitchen, wipe everything down. And then hit the bathroom and do the same thing.
  • Make the cranberry relish for my sister's Easter dinner. It makes a lot, so I'll give her a quart and then keep two pints for myself. One pint will go into the freezer. Rick will get a ham out of the freezer for our dinner on Easter when he gets up this morning. I'm working on a bit of a menu for us.
I keep thinking that the garage will call to tell me that Clarence is done. I'm going to have to wrap that boy in bubble-wrap!

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Load of darks in the washing machine. It should be done in time to go into the dryer before we leave for a trip to Costco, where Himself has an audiological checkup scheduled. He's had his hearing aids for a few years so good to see if there are any changes.

Woke up at 3:00 a.m. to thumping and banging. Domino had gone into the closet when I was getting ready for bed. But this time he did not come out with me. No meowing, just banging and bumping and scratching until I woke up. Could not have been too upsetting for him - he was keeping me company when I was getting dressed this morning.

Must have had a raccoon at the bird feeder last night. The Droll Yankee cylinder feeder was empty and the pressure fit bottom was off and on the ground. No bird seed on the ground either. Guess I'll have to start bringing the feeders in at night.

Brought three sheet rock buckets of compost up from the compost heaps to the garage yesterday. Need to mix soil and repot all the dormant summer bulbs in the basement. And then plant out all the cannas and elephant ear tubers that have been spending the winter packed away and sleeping in the garage. Mid-April is kind of early but it is too dang hot.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
This morning:
  1. Went to the local indy pet supply store for Iris's CBD and some treats to tide us over until Dr. Elsey's chicken kibble is back in stock. I use the kibble for treats, but I'm down, literally, to a handful. The girls must have their treats or else!
  2. Then it was on to the specialty store to pick up some fruit and to look over their greeting card selection. My husband's birthday is next week, and this store has more interesting cards than the usual stuff at the Hallmark or grocery store. I might also have snuck a cookie from the local bakery, but don't tell my husband. 🤫
  3. We needed lettuce and salad dressing, so my next stop was the grocery store.

And now I'm relaxing with a good dose of TCS after which I'll return to the book I'm reading by Rex Stout. I feed the cats at 5 p.m. and they start staring at me at 4 p.m. so they've been staring for 15 minutes with 45 minutes to go. :lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i got the weekly load of laundry (clothing and towels) done. i had a phone call scheduled for this morning, and did that. received the three cat trees, the easy chair cover, and the tv wall mount early this morning -- 9am! i've got marked for installing the tv wall mount and the curtain rods. will wait until tomorrow to install tv wall mount and curtain rods, then hang the teal colored sheer drapes and put together the cat trees for my three cats. i also received my voter registration for here. bit by bit, things are coming together. but the cat trees are wonderful...my cats will love them, and that makes me very happy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got up this morning and couldn't find Dear Richard. I figured he was either in the WeShed or he had already gone for a walk. Muffin needed her walk, so we went out around the yard. And I found Rick snoring away in the WeShed. He had gone out to check on the seedlings and that couch out there is really comfortable. :sleep2: :sleep2:
  • Muffin has already had her walk; I took her out while my coffee was dripping. And now, I'm enjoying my coffee.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer today; nothing major
  • We are going into town for chocolates for Rick's mom for Easter.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much cooler last night, lovely for sleeping. Which we did until rather late into the morning. The very good cats just joined us and waited for their breakfast.

I found some boxes of hardcover books in the basement. Today's plan is to sort through them and add the DNK (do not keep) to tomorrow's car load for the library book sale.

Having brought a cart's worth of dormant bulbs up from the basement yesterday - Eucomis aka pineapple lily these are the dwarf E. autumnalis but that may not be the correct name, Mirabilis - you may know it by it's common name of four o'clock, and others - start repotting today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took 10 Chewy's cartons of books to the county fairground, to drop off for the upcoming book sale. Very well set up. Only took 10 minutes from the time I entered the fairgrounds on the one way road to the building where my car was unloaded for me - most cartons in the back, a couple of boxes on the folded down rear seats, one on the front passenger seat - and I was off and back on the road again.

Since I was going right by the supermarket on my way home I pulled in. Knew it would be crowded - after all, tomorrow IS Easter Sunday - but I did not know it would be THAT crowded. A madhouse. My cart was rather plain compared to others - a bag of potatoes, another of onions, some apples, two bagels, package of hot dogs, package of chicken gizzards (for the cats), etc. Huge number of two and three rib standing rib roasts in the butcher case but even two rib is too much for two people.

Home, unload, Himself had fed the cats, I fed him . . . and this afternoon he connected my three rain barrels that are behind the tool shed to the gutter downspout collection system.

So of course it will probably not rain today. But eventually it will.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday, i got the three cat trees put together! :yess::purr: all three cats were so very happy! they slept on them last night, with forays in to the bedroom every so often to visit me during the night. i also got the curtain rods installed, and the sheer curtains up. they're too sheer for my preference, so have ordered other drapes -- that will still let in some light, but also give some privacy. the tv wall mount in the bedroom must wait until i receive the 7/16" drill bit i need for mounting it.

today, i (had volunteered to) help with set up/clean up for the community's Easter brunch, so did that. after set up, i did the treadmill, then enjoyed my brunch meal. i took out a number of boxes to break down, cans and bottles, and deposited them in the recycling dumpster. i also took out a full compostables (3 gallon) bag today.

now in the computer room, and will shortly move to the craft room for a jigsaw puzzle.

tomorrow i'll be baking some bread pudding, and making a vanilla sauce to go with it. :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning. So there Muffin and I were, sleeping soundly, with Muffin on her back under my chin and my arm wrapped around her. Mollipop was up on her pillow at my head. And I heard her start to kutz. Hairball! 1:30 in the morning. I got out of bed and tried to move my pillow, but nope; she got it. On her pillow, on my pillow, and the rest slid off onto the bottom sheet. Well dang. Cleaned everything up and we were going to change the sheets, but instead I got dressed and went out to the WeShed and crashed out there. That way, it didn't disturb Rick. When I came back in the house this morning, the sheets and both pillows were in the washer. I moved them to the dryer and life goes on.
  • I'll make the bed up shortly. Must scoop boxes at some point this morning.
  • Fold the blanket in the WeShed and put it away. I will say that the couch out there is quite comfortable. I always sleep well there, even if it's not pulled out into the bed.
  • Make dinner. It always takes longer to make dinner and clean up afterward than it does to actually eat it.
  • Working on a Wordscape tourney. The tourney starts Friday night around 6 and finishes up Sunday night at 11. I'm addicted. :paperbag: :paperbag: Been doing these for well over a year now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey barfed this morning, also... just as I was getting into the shower. It was going to be on the rug, but I gently moved him as he just beginning to heave....Good timing on my part. He came over to me and cried, before that happened.

This is recent behavior for him. It usually just comes out.

So tired today. Allergies and Asthma were bad yesterday. Had to use rescue inhaler a couple of times.

I was so tired, I tripped--hand touched-- the very sensitive emergency alert button in the bathroom. This happened as I was finally getting into the shower. Took a really fast shower. As I was getting out, I heard my doorbell ring.. Quickly grabbed my robe.

I am always touching the darn thing. 3 times this past week. It is positioned exactly where I normally place my hand, when entering the shower! When the company comes in to replace the motion sensor, I am going to ask them to change the location--at least the height of the alarm...

Man, what a way to start the day.. especially Easter Morning!
I rushed out to 8 AM Mass.....

and cuz I am extra tired, and was driving past an open bakery... which was not crowed. I went in and bought stuff... UGH..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Older cousin died last night. He'd had a mild stroke a month ago, then flu, out of rehab, came down with covid (which he may have gotten in the rehab facility), into hospice, back home two days ago and then gone last night. Not that we were very close but he was a nice man and his wife is a darling. I called a couple of hours ago to offer condolences and we had a good do you remember chat.

Still working on cleaning up stove accessories so we can rearrange furniture to summer configuration. Emptied the Ash-A-Way so it can go into the basement.

Baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies, which I have intended to do for several days.

Need to decide what to make for dinner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I am so sorry about your cousin. :hugs:

Headache this morning. Not bad yet, but it's there.

The girls gave me two bags of peanut M & Ms and a small chocolate bunny, along with a card that said, "Why do you need the Easter bunny when you have me us?" Adorable. He found a basket in the closet, and put the candy in there. The girls had bought a cheesecake from Junior's for Rick, so they gave me the basket.

We're hoping the weather last night and tonight won't damage our weeping cherry. It's blooming and looks beautiful. Several years, snow and frost killed our white weeping cherry when it was blooming. Our redbud is getting ready to bloom, too. My hydrangeas were slowed down when we had frost a couple weeks ago, but seems to be doing better now and coming along. I don't think we're going to get snow tonight, more like a mix of rain and ice. The weatherweenies are calling for 2 to 5 in some areas.

We didn't visit with Rick's mom yesterday as she's sick. Rick was going to take food up to the front desk, but she's not feeling like eating much. He'll call her today to see how she's doing.
  • Two rather large loads of laundry
  • Vacuum, swiffer, wipe (if the headache doesn't get any worse)
  • I had watered the plants in the WeShed, so now I need to put the violets back up in the window above the door.
My sister gave me a beautiful Boston fern on Saturday. I had it out on the deck, but put it in the WeShed because of the cold weather. I think I'll keep it inside until the weather clears up again. She gave it to me because I'm always baking/sharing with them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was not a good day for me.. lingering leftover from asthma/allergies of day before.
I did not even vacuum!! That means I really felt horrible. and Geoffrey got a cursory brushing. He was good. He wanted me: but sensed that Mama was not feeling well.. He left me alone.

I went to early Mass, felt so wretch that I wanted comfort food... drove past a bakery.. I walked in and bought!

Came home, had second breakfast, with decaf coffee... then lied down with Geoffrey for a few hours.. felt a bit better..

Watched some Netflix, then cooked!! only because I had to.
Pork Tenderloin with roasted carrots and fingerling potatoes.. I really like the roasted carrots and potatoes. I could make a meal of just them. I think I needed the protein from the pork.

I bought the Italian Anise Snowball cookies--love them--- I also pigged out on a pint of Coconut Chocolate ice cream, having jelly beans and gummies later.. Funny, I did not feel stuffed. I saved the slice of Pizza Gaina for today

Today:
*Quick morning stuff
*Out to Doctors appointment in Boston--hopefully I will have an easy drive--Marathon Monday...forgot when I made the appointment.
* really need to focus of paperwork---due in this Friday
* Exercise/stretching class this afternoon.

They are having lamb for supper---their regards to Easter for us... a Kosher lamb??? The entire week is Kosher food---for Passover.. nothing of interest for me. Glad I have the pork tenderloin... and some Italian sausages in freezer, and salad stuff; for the rest of the week.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Late afternoon yesterday my head exploded. Was in bed at 5:30 and stayed in bed until this morning. Thankfully, i had gotten my work done that I wanted to do. I feel kinda human today; headache is still there, but it's not as bad. I suppose it's a good way to lose weight. I got the ham salad made for dinner last night, but went to bed instead of eating any supper.

We did visit with Rick's mom, too, because, well, she's 100 years old and you just never know. She was up in her chair, listening to her audiobook. They think she has pneumonia and are doing a chest x-ray. She was upset that we didn't bring anything (like cheesecake!) with us, so Rick is taking a chunk up in a day or two. We told her that we didn't think she'd be interested in eating, but she said, "It takes a lot for me not to eat sweets! You know that!" :redheartpump: We knew she wasn't feeling well, but felt that we needed to visit anyway.

We got up to four inches of snow in the storm last night. Yes, it looks pretty. No, I am not amused.
  • Not much going on today. We can sit in the living room and watch the snow melt, I guess. I'm planning to try to read a bit.
  • Trash night tonight, so I'll check the fridge and shred pieces of junk mail with our address
  • Making up the bed in the WeShed for tonight. Enough is enough. This morning, Amber started in at 5:00; they don't get fed now until 6:30 with Savings time. Molli and Muffin really went at it. And then Molli jumped into bed and scratched Rick's head pretty badly. We need a vacation. Seriously, we need a vacation. We'll put Muffin in the bedroom overnight (away from Molli). Let the three other girls out. And tomorrow morning, Amber can scream as loud and as long as she wants. I'll get up at 6:30 and come into the house and give them breakfast. Rick can sleep in peace as long as he wants.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't get snow Winchester Winchester But we did get 1.76 inches of rain. Which would have been 17 inches of snow had it been colder.

Cousin in Kentucky has something strange going on with his flowering trees. A flowering cherry and now two dogwoods have flowers at the top and nothing on the lower portions. My guess is that those couple of cold days in the middle of that warm spell - the cold air sank down and killed the lower flower buds before they opened.

Today is gray, cold, windy. Indoor things, I think. If I cannot think of anything else the basement can always use tidying up.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, froze a 5 lb chub of ground beef in 1 lb portions, and did my medical treatment! yay, for getting the treatment done early!!! :banana2: then, i made it to the second half of a chair yoga class. have just printed a couple recipes, too.

next, will install the tv wall mount -- i had to buy a 7/32" drill bit, so didn't get that done the end of last week. and on to setting up the new tv for the living room. at that point, will be meal time for kitties. then, i'll continue with the jigsaw puzzle -- almost have that completed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our vacation night was great. I got up around 6:20 and came inside. Rick will get up when he gets up. We both slept all night long. The cats were not amused, but oh well. We're thinking about doing it again tonight. I feel great this morning. No headache. No twinges. Nothing.

Not really all that much going on today:
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made our coffee and here I am. I'll need to scoop this morning.
  • Take the recycling down to the center and then clean in the basement a bit
  • I'd really like to get at that junk drawer in the hutch!
Rick's mom doesn't have pneumonia. They're not sure exactly what she has. She is on oxygen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.