Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We were at a local restaurant/shop last night, just walking around and looking. I found a cute shamrock cookie cutter. We also found a cute garden flag with a bazillion cats on it that says "One cat shy of being crazy" Rick bought both of them. I've often said that a crazy cat woman has one more cat than I'll ever have, so Rick thought it was appropriate. :)
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, make the thickener for the whipped peanut butter frosting, made a Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake, and made a double batch of sugar cookies, using the shamrock cookie cutter. Decorated in white sparkling sugar and green sanding sugar. They're really cute. Got the kitchen cleaned up, scooped the boxes....and then the headache hit. So I went to bed for a couple of hours. It doesn't feel too badly right now.
  • Rick did the banking and then went to the butcher shop for 3 pounds of calves liver. I'm making liver and onions tonight for a bit of a crowd.
  • We're going down to the eye place to pick up our glasses. I'm hoping the new glasses will help the headaches (eye strain). And then I want to do a wee bit of shopping. Nothing exotic, just a walk and a look-see.
  • Going to my sister's tonight for the annual February Turkey Dinner Day. She's making a huge turkey with all the trimmings. I'm taking dessert (the cake and cookies), some cranberry relish from the freezer that's from Christmas, the liver, and the onions. Her DIL's father loves liver and onions and hasn't had it in ages. I'm making a huge panful of the stuff. Turkey and liver. :lol: All-rightey then!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the bird store and the feed store to restock on bird and squirrel food. I put the last coat of polyurethane in table I built and did a driveway cleanup in preparation for tomorrow’s snowstorm.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had a blast at my sister's house last night. Her son and DIL were visiting for the weekend, along with her DIL's mom and dad. My brother and SIL were also there, but they didn't stay long. It was a great time.
  • Rick scooped the boxes and put the first load of laundry in the washer, while I was our coffee. I'm going to finish the laundry while he takes his morning nap on the couch.
  • Clarence is going into the garage this afternoon for his annual inspection. I need to give him a bath, too, as he's really muddy from me taking him out earlier in the month. It got too cold to even think about washing him, so he's a bit of a mess. We'll be able to pick him up tomorrow.
  • A vacuum and quick Swiffer about the house today. I need to wipe down the kitchen and bathroom. Nothing major.
  • We're visiting with Rick's mother....I have shamrock sugar cookies and hunks of chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting to take to her and her roommate. Now she's decided that she wants to check out my Kindle Paperwhite again. I bought it for her, but she didn't like it and has been using my Nook. For some reason, she wants to try the Paperwhite out again. Rick and I just go with the flow.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going, scooped the litter boxes, and made 2 liters of soda.

shortly, i'll make some rice, wash the dishes, and then get going on making two (8x8 inch) pans of beef burrito casserole. after those cool, i'll slice them into portions, wrap, label and freeze them.

i'll likely watch something on tv this evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Beef Burrito casserole. Sounds pretty good!

We lost at least one tree again, possibly more in the wind storm last night into this morning. Big Colorado blue spruce trees that are well over 30 years old. The wind was horrible last night; it just roared around the house. It was so bad it made the cats nervous and, as a rule, nothing really bothers the cats. We'll be getting the chainsaw out again and cutting trees. Such a shame. The ground is so wet and spongy and the wind is so bad.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles (Rick brought me into work this morning), and got ready for work
  • We'll have to pick Clarence up from his inspection today after work. That's why Rick brought me into work; that way, we can just stop in, and bring him home.
  • Grab a few groceries tonight, mainly cat food. Purina sent me some "Free" coupons for Friskies Buffet or Fancy Feast cans and some for free Purina treats and I want to use them.
  • Scoop the boxes

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Return a phone call to get free work-related samples. Apparently the web site lists a product that was discontinued 10 years ago :rolleyes:

Call ADP because they didn't give me OT pay for the those hours :bat: Their time sheet thing is horrible and I can't edit my hours or, if I forget to enter time one day, go back before the end of the pays session to add it.

Post office after work.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fed Tommy and scoped his litter box and I made a English muffin for my breakfast.

Somehow I am going to have to get Tommy to the vet. I noticed his breath was really bad this morning and he was sneezing and coughing a lot. His teeth looked nice and clean but he still needs to be seen by a vet. He is feral and I don't know how I will be able to get him to a vet.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- beef burrito casserole is a recipe i make often (or using ground chicken or ground turkey). it's really easy to make, too!

make some rice -- i use about one cup cooked rice in making one 8x8 inch pan of beef burrito casserole.

cook and drain the grease off of one pound of ground beef (or ground chicken, ground turkey -- add a little oil to the pan if using chicken/turkey, because they don't have the fat that ground beef does).

add one packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water (i go by how it looks, so it could be more like 3/4 cup of water); cook and stir over medium heat until the water has cooked off and the taco seasoning has absorbed into/onto the ground meat.

to assemble the casserole, layer flour or corn tortilla(s) to cover the bottom of the pan. spread a thin layer of refried beans over the tortilla(s), then spread half of the cooked rice over the refried beans. spread half the taco seasoned ground meat on top of that, then some salsa (i'm kind of generous with the salsa, because it adds good flavor and also makes for a more moist casserole)...maybe 2/3 - 3/4 cup. top with shredded cheddar cheese (how much cheese you add depends on how much you generally like) -- though, i used some shredded hot pepper american cheese this time...and other cheeses could be used (like monterey jack, pepper jack, colby/colby-jack, and etc). repeat to make a second layer of the same, ending with shredded cheese over the top.

bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven until hot/the cheese has melted and is just starting to get a little golden browning to it, about 30 minutes -- depending on your oven.

today i've kept the wood stove going.

this afternoon, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make two liters of soda. then i'll make two pans of ground turkey burrito casserole, cool it, slice/wrap/label/freeze.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Found a brand new squirrel proof peanut feeder for birds at the thrift store today. So that meant I needed to snowblow a path through two and a half feet of snow in the backyard to get to the feeder pole I don’t normally use in winter. Got it done, hung the feeder and almost immediately had nuthatches and woodpeckers visiting.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm going to try that!

We stopped in to bring Clarence home last night; he didn't need anything for inspection. He also got an oil change and tire rotation. I stopped in at the car wash on the way home and gave him a "lick and a promise". I don't like to use the car wash and prefer to hand-wash him in the back yard. But that had to do for now. He's good to go. I may call next week to make an appt for a detailing for him and get him in shape for summer driving.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work
  • Rick is dropping the truck off at the garage tonight for new tires and inspection. I'll run over to the garage to pick him up on my way home.
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
And I think that's pretty much it for today. We don't have much going on, thankfully.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going. it's quite cold here, forecast to be a high of 20 degrees F and a low tonight of 8. :cold:

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i'll slice/wrap/label/freeze the two casseroles i baked yesterday -- they're in the fridge now.

after that, it'll be a quiet rest of our day here. i'll play some computer games and continue with a jigsaw puzzle. i'll likely watch some tv this evening.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm going to try that!

We stopped in to bring Clarence home last night; he didn't need anything for inspection. He also got an oil change and tire rotation. I stopped in at the car wash on the way home and gave him a "lick and a promise". I don't like to use the car wash and prefer to hand-wash him in the back yard. But that had to do for now. He's good to go. I may call next week to make an appt for a detailing for him and get him in shape for summer driving.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work
  • Rick is dropping the truck off at the garage tonight for new tires and inspection. I'll run over to the garage to pick him up on my way home.
And I think that's pretty much it for today. We don't have much going on, thankfully.
Around here it is preferred that one go to a car wash instead of doing it oneself because the car wash uses recycled water which is not usually available to a homeowner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't really like taking my car to a car wash. I like washing my car. I understand about the recycled water.

We took the truck into the garage last night. It will get new tires today and then inspection. Hopefully it won't need much, if anything. We should be able to pick it up tonight.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sorted laundry, and got ready for work (I emptied the dishwasher because there was a lot of plastic in this load, lots of storage containers that people returned to me. I always run them through the dishwasher, even though they're washed when I get them back. And Rick detests drying plastics, so I just did it.)
  • Pick the truck up
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
Turns out that Rick's mother decided against the Kindle once again. I took it up to her, she played around with it, but she really doesn't like it. I asked her why she brought it up and she said somebody had given her a $25 gift card for Kindle, accessories, or ebooks. She was going to use it toward a Paperwhite, but she really doesn't like it. i told her that I could download the Kindle app to the Nook and she could buy some ebooks if she wanted, but she said she wasn't really into that. So then I offered her my Paperwhite (which I had really gotten for her last year sometime, but she didn't like it, so I kept it) and said we could download some ebooks to that for her. But she really doesn't like the Paperwhite.

Then she offered to give me the Kindle gift card. I wouldn't take it for free and I gave her $25 for the card. Sometimes when she gets out shopping with her aide, they'll stop at McD's or Wendy's. Now she has $25 to splurge on fast food. My MIL loves her fast food. She's 97 years old, so if she wants McD's for lunch, she should certainly have McD's for lunch! So it all worked out. I have a gift card for some ebooks and she has some extra spending money. Win, win!

Last edited:

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1. Revolutionize the cats that didn't get their dose yesterday
2. Eat leftover Chili from last night and not cook dinner woohoo!
3. Cough and cough as I'm getting over the flu but still sing a little because I need to.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom My co-worker specifically took a vacation day yesterday to watch the entire Cohen testimony. I thought about it, too, but then decided to come into work.

Rick's truck made it through inspection with just the new tires, so we're good to go. He picked it up last night and we're back to three vehicles: the Tucson, the Tundra, and Clarence.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • I still have one load of laundry to do tonight (it's basically a bunch of Rick's flannel shirts)
  • Must scoop boxes
  • Rick is bowling; Nintendo Night for me

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's Friday, it's Friday! :woohoo: And I'm leaving work early today. :yess:

We had a bit of snow overnight, just enough to make things a mess. The roads weren't too bad, but the parking lot isn't pretty. Since Rick now has new tires for his truck, we each drove ourselves to work this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • Do a quick vacuum in the living room and kitchen

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
More snow overnight and it's still flurrying. Rick and our son are taking our grandson to the Golden State - 76ers basketball game tonight. It's from our Christmas present to our grandson. He's all hyped out about it! I'm going to take the day to rip through the house and do some cleaning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee
  • Vacuum, dust, clean the kitchen and bathroom, clean the living room window of kitty (and Beast!) schnuffle (and I may do a bit of laundry, while I'm at it)
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Organize some recipes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- it really was a whole day thing, the hearing. Cohen had a short break, and there was a recess of the hearing for a good hour or more, but otherwise it ran all day.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i'll mix up some hot/spicy breakfast sausage -- just ground pork with spices to add to it. and i'll fold/put away the load of laundry that's in the dryer.

i've already paid some bills, and have done some printing. i've kept the wood stove going, too.

after i finish the household chores, i'll play some computer games, likely complete the jigsaw puzzle i've been working on, and will watch some tv.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i ended up getting a few more things done yesterday, so no computer games or tv.

today i've paid a bill, and have kept the wood stove going.

later this morning, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. then i'll get the meat sauce made, as well as mix up the cottage cheese mixture (for the lasagna i'll be baking tomorrow). i'll also cook some hamburgers -- will wrap/label/freeze about half of them.

i hope to have time left to play some computer games, continue with that jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.