Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! Pepe says, "Fank you bery much!"

We had eye appts last night. And that's all we got done. My appt was for 5:00; Rick's was for 5:20. I got in at 5:30 and Rick around 6:00. We got home around 8:00. We got the trash out, but no way was I starting laundry at 8:00.

So...at my appt, we talked about the migraines; she's wondering if eye strain (from reading on the iPad) isn't causing some of the really bad headaches. I read constantly. She gets migraines, complete with the aura, so she knows what I'm going through. She wants me to stay with the Kindle Paperwhite and see if that helps (at least until I get my glasses). My eyes are fine; my prescription didn't even change much at all. But I do have the very beginnings of cataracts in both eyes. I did order new glasses and this pair will have the blue light filter (for reading on iPads).

This morning, Dear Richard left for work. He forgot his phone. I found it, so I went down to the front door. I knew he'd be back. Then I heard him coming back up the driveway. I opened the door, handed him his phone, and he left again. And pretty soon he came back. He forgot his union stuff and he had to sign somebody up this morning. That I didn't know about, so I couldn't get it for him; he had to come in the house and gather his stuff together. He left again, for the third time. And the third time worked. He made it to work on time to sign the guy up. He's lucky he's cute!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, grabbed a shower, and got ready for work. I stopped at the grocery store for two bags of Utz Sourdough Hard Pretzels for munching at work. We all take turns buying a bag and it was my week. And I forgot them on Monday when I ran over to the store at lunch time. I bought two bags to make up for being so forgetful.
  • I have to do the laundry tonight, since I didn't get it done last night.
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Nintendo Night! :woohoo:
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Kudos to your new microwave!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nothing much going on today. I did get the laundry done last night while Rick was bowling
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, grabbed a quick shower, and got ready for work (I like my new hair dryer, found it at Ulta, used some of my points, and got it for $13.00.)
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
  • Look around online tonight for a new floor lamp for the computer room. Our old lamp bit the dust; Rick checked it out and said, it'd be cheaper to buy a new lamp in the long run. He told me to "Get what you want" so, all-rightey then.
So....my hair dryer bit the dust, the floor lamp bit the dust. Things come in threes; what's the third thing that's going to conk out? I hope it's something that's not overly expensive!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- i was just thinking that the other day, that 'things come in threes'. here it was the printer first, then the microwave, and now it's a drip coming from the kitchen sink faucet (dripping under the sink, and i've set a small trash can under there to catch the drips -- i was under there yesterday afternoon, seeing exactly where the drip was coming from). :ohwell:

today i've kept the wood stove going, and made a phone call.

this afternoon, i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. after that, i'll play some computer games and continue with a jigsaw puzzle. i'll likely watch some tv this evening.

i'll also run a washer load this afternoon/evening. a couple weeks ago, i was gifted a box of...Tide commercial liquid detergent trays...trays that you just peel back the foil cover, then pour the detergent. so i'll likely try that today, doing the laundry.

i did a lot of little things around the house and moved firewood yesterday, so not much to do today.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rented a truck from Home Depot. Picked up a couch I won for $5.00 in an auction. Then I brought one of my oversized armchairs to my parents' house so I have more space for my new couch.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 That's awesome that you won a couch! Kudos!

I'm thankful that I have a long weekend here. I have off work for Presidents' Day on Monday. Three days of no work!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, I scooped the boxes, and am sitting back here drinking my morning coffee
  • Errands: Banking, Lowes, shoe-shopping at the mall
  • A bit of a vacuum and a Swiffer about the house, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 -- excellent price for that couch!! well done! :thumbsup:

today i've kept the wood stove going, and have the laundry dried and ready to fold and put in the closet.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and fold/put away the dryer load of laundry. i'll also check on the 5 lb roll of ground beef in the fridge, see how it's doing with thawing. i'll make a loaf of bread in the bread machine, too.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and continue with a jigsaw puzzle. i'll likely watch something on tv this evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's time to put all the Winterberry dishes away and get the Fiesta dishes out in the kitchen. Rick brought the totes over to the basement door this morning, so I don't have far to go. It will take me all morning and part of the afternoon.

Oh, I found a cheap floor lamp down at Lowes yesterday. It works.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap.
  • The first of three loads of laundry is in the washer
  • Move the dishes around in the kitchen
  • Visit a friend in the hospital and visit with Rick's mom in the nursing home
  • Relax tonight, knowing that I don't have to go into work tomorrow :yess:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Boxes, oh so smelly this morning!
Tea x 2
Doing some laundry while watching Everybody Loves Raymond reruns

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going. i checked on the ground beef in the fridge, and it's thawed now. i'll make the sloppy joes either today or tomorrow.

i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll play some computer games and continue with a jigsaw puzzle. i'll likely watch some tv this evening, too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The dishes are all put away and we are using Fiesta again. Thank goodness, that's all done. I am ripping through the house this morning. Rick brought the steam cleaner upstairs for me.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. At some point, I need to scoop the boxes
  • I'm taking everything out of the computer room, doing a good vacuum, followed by steam-cleaning the floor. Then I'll do a good dusting and bring everything back. Followed by cleaning the bathroom and steam-cleaning the floor. Followed by cleaning the kitchen and steam-cleaning the floor. I want to wipe down the kitchen cabinets (I use Murphy's Oil Soap for a good cleaning). And then a dusting everywhere. Wipe the windows and clean all the kitty-schnuffle. (Every time I move stuff out of the computer room, I can't walk straight for three days after!)
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight.
I love being off work!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, slice a loaf of bread machine bread, make 3 liters of soda, move the containers of sloppy joes to the freezer, and i'm thinking of baking some carob chip blondies...but that will likely be done tomorrow. :D

i've got six containers of sloppy joes, which means 24 servings. that's another 24 meal servings put up for the hot summer months. :yess:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My back is reminding me of all the furniture moving I did yesterday. It groaned when I got out of bed this morning and then moaned as I started to walk. And then when I was walking back to the bedroom, I smashed my foot into the gate in the hallway. That really hurts and I'm hoping I didn't break any toes. I think it's OK, no swelling or bruising. Yet. But boy, it hurts.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • I have a Planning Commission meeting after work today
  • Must scoop the boxes tonight
Hoping for an early night. Tomorrow we're to get 3-6+ inches of snow, followed by freezing rain. Rick already told me he's bringing me to work, so it will be a very early morning.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going. i've made a few phone calls, and taken a couple calls.

i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. other than that, i'll have a quiet day with my cats.

after the chores, i'll play some computer games, and continue with a jigsaw puzzle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My foot seems to be better, but it is a bit swollen. I think I smashed the whole right side of my foot into the gate, not really any toes. Rick was in the bathroom when it happened and he came out into the hallway and said, "Pam, are you alright? That even sounded ugly!" Hurts, but not like I thought it would.

He brought me into work this morning. No snow yet, but it's coming. He has a contract negotiation meeting today and will pick me up on his way home from the meeting. If the meeting is over before my quitting time, I'll just take a couple hours of vacation to make up for it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2 miles, sorted laundry, and got ready for work
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It wasn't too bad going home last night. The county left us out early at 11:30, but I had to wait on Rick to finish his meeting. He got here around 3:30 or so. I sat at my desk with my nose in a book. It was nice and quiet. We no sooner got home than our neighbor came over to plow us out. But the freezing rain kicked in and that lasted for hours.

It's been a long time since we've seen this much ice. We are surprised that our power didn't kick out. It's an icy mess outside. The entire front of our house is icicles. The Beast had difficulty trying to pee this morning. And it took forever to clear the ice from the car.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles, and got ready for work
  • I still need to do one load of laundry, basically some flannel shirts and sweatpants
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Rick is bowling, so it's Nintendo Night for me!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much going on today, as i got all sorts of things done yesterday.

yesterday i cooled the wood stove down, disattached two of the chimney pipes, used a chimney pipe 'brush' and two flex rods to clean the pipes all the way to the top (and the two pipes that i'd disattached), then put the chimney pipes back on. very little fine silt found in the chimney pipes, and i could just touch it and it fell off like a fine powder. my wood stove is very clean burning, and i clean the pipes at least once each year. it's a messy job, but doesn't take more than an hour from start to finish. and now i know there's no creosote building up inside my chimney pipes! :yess: my cats were very happy to have the wood stove going again. :purr:

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll pull out the canned tomatoes and salsa, pre-measure the spices -- for the beanless chili i'll be making saturday. i have the ground beef thawing in the fridge, and the diced sweet bell peppers and chopped onions are set at the front of my freezer.

i'll spend some time on my budget, and look over some planning.

after that, i'll likely sit down with a hot cup of tea and watch something on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.