Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, dang. I washed my hair last night and my hair dryer bit the dust. I had to let my hair dry naturally and it's all wavy. Bleah! I'll hit Target either tonight or Wednesday for a new hair dryer. (People tell me, "I'd pay money to have those waves in my hair!" Yeah, well, they don't have to deal with them....or the frizz.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work
  • I have a hair appt tonight and am seriously overdue; I haven't had my roots done since right before Christmas because I had that cold and didn't want to be hacking around people. Doesn't look too overly bad because I've been using a root color. My sister even said it's not bad, but I can tell.
  • Scoop the boxes
And then I'm going to bed early tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've made a phone call, paid a bill, and have kept the wood stove going.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. then i'll spend some time with my budget, and on some planning.

after that, i'll play some computer games and continue with a jigsaw puzzle. i'll likely watch some tv this evening, too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Almost the end of the work week!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • Must scoop the boxes when I get home
  • Tonight is Nintendo Night (Rick is bowling)
  • Supernatural's 300th episode airs tonight....and Papa John Winchester (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) is back! For tonight's episode, that is. Can't wait.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've moved a couple pints of milk to the fridge to thaw, and have kept the wood stove going. and i've spent some time on some planning.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i may spend some time with my budget today, too.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and continue with a jigsaw puzzle. i'll watch something on tv this evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles and got ready for work
  • Rick's mother is out of quarantine. so we need to go up tonight to get her phone. She's having a lot of trouble with it keeping a charge, so we're hoping it's as simple as throwing in a new battery. She's using a clam shell-type phone; she cannot be trusted with a smart phone and it's a waste of money.
  • If there's time, I'd like to hit Target and Ulta. I doubt I'll make that, though. If not, we can go Saturday morning. I really do need a hair dryer.
  • Scoop the boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't make our errands last night. We did get Rick's mom's cell phone and will try to take care of it today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap
  • I took 1-1/2 pounds of butter out of the freezer to make the dough for Scottish Shortbread cookies. I'm going to use my embossed rolling pin to roll over the dough, then cut out hearts from the designed dough. I hope it works! Rick said, "Now I know you're feeling better. You're going to bake! Since you're baking cookies, how about some chocolate chip?" So that will be on my list, too.
  • Errands: banking, Target, Lowes, Ulta. I'm still letting my hair dry without a hair dryer. :headshake: And we need to hit AT&T for Rick's mom's phone. She's under Rick's sister's plan, but his sister isn't home right now, so we'll take care of it.
  • I'd like to do some cleaning back here in the computer room, but we'll see how far I get with that idea. Rick said he might go outside to pick up tree branches, rake the stones back into the driveway from the snowplow and just do some general outside clean-up. If he does that, I can clean. If not, all bets are off. I get more done when he's not around. :paperbag::paperbag: Sorry, but that's the way it works.

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
- spent a looong time on the phone ostensibly sorting a banking problem but in reality listening to jinglyjanglyjungly muzak....
- unpacked a huge bale of donated knitting wool... our resourceful postman had put it in a big binliner for its ferry crossing in the deluge.
- did a little much needed sorting of books etc

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going, and have moved another pint of milk to the fridge to thaw.

i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and continue with a jigsaw puzzle. i'll likely watch something on tv, too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Fortunately, Rick's mom's phone only needed a new charging cord. She's back in business; we took her phone up to her last night.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher. sorted laundry (Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap)
  • Will start baking cookies shortly (I got the doughs made last night, but that was as far as I got)
  • Working on the second of four loads of laundry
  • Will wipe down kitchen and bathroom after I'm done with my baking today
That's pretty much it for my Sunday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, crap. I'm not fond of Mondays and they get here way too quickly. Drove into work in snow and it's still coming down. If this keeps up, Rick may not get his truck back up the driveway this afternoon. He and I are already planning on vacation days tomorrow (Tuesday); we talked about it this morning while I was in the shower and he was brushing his teeth. Snow tonight into tomorrow, followed by ice, before it turns over to rain Tuesday night. Rick said he's not dealing with it and that I'm not dealing with it either. Works for me. We'll see how bad it really gets Tuesday morning before any decisions are made.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles, grabbed my shower, and got ready for work (usually I shower at night)
  • I have a planning commission meeting after work
  • Must grab some groceries, mainly cat food and treats for The Beast. I may run over to the store during lunch today, just so we don't have to deal with it tonight.
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've kept the wood stove going, and have some printing done.

later this morning, i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and continue with a jigsaw puzzle. i'll likely watch something on tv, too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Off work today! :yess: Rick told me yesterday that we weren't dealing with snow and ice today. We're staying home. We told our bosses that we were taking vacation days. He took The Beast out for her morning pee and then hit the bed, I fed the kids. I'm drinking my coffee now and then I'm going back to bed. And I may stay there all day.....well, probably not, but you never know!
  • Kids had breakfast, I emptied the dishwasher, and I'm enjoying my morning cup of coffee. I'll scoop later on.
  • When we get back up this morning, I'm making French toast and ham for our breakfast. Hot chocolate. Cookies for dessert.
  • And then I'm cracking open a book.
Today? Today is for doing absolutely nothing!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We dragged our sorry butts out of bed this morning; neither Rick nor I wanted to go to work. Our neighbor came over last night to plow the driveway for us, but everything is really icy around here. Our back roads aren't the best, but the main road is fairly clear.

Yesterday was a nice day. We didn't do much. Rick had a sinus headache, so, after breakfast, he hung out on the couch. I did spend pretty much all of my day with my nose in a couple books and Mollipop by my side.

Today is Ms. Pepe's 23rd birthday! While we've had several cats live to be 20, we've never had a kitty live to be 23 years old. And she's feisty. I think she'll be around for a while yet. She got Fancy Feast for her breakfast this morning and she'll get another can of FF for her supper tonight. (I was working second shift the night the kittens were born; I had just gotten home from work and went back to check on Whisper, Pepe's mom. Whisper was on our bed and just as I walked into the bedroom, her water broke....at least, I think that's what it was. Pepe, Gorby, and Taffy were born on Feb 13; Spike and BooBoo were born in the early morning hours of Feb 14. Rick stayed in the bedroom with Whisper and I stayed in the hallway with Banshee and Hydrox, who were both very curious about what was going on in the bedroom. :redheartpump: We have often said that living with a growing litter of kittens was probably one of the best times in our lives.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sorted laundry for tonight and got ready for work. Rick brought me in this morning.
  • We both have eye appointments tonight; I'm going to talk to her about my migraines again; she already knows that I get them and said there's not much that can be done because of allergies.
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a very Happy Birthday to Ms Pepe!!! :celebrate: sending very gentle scritchins to your girl, Winchester Winchester !

today i've kept the wood stove going, moved cold cuts and some dinner servings to the fridge to thaw, made 3 liters of root beer, scooped the litter boxes, and have taken out a bag of trash. i also had a phone call.

yesterday the new microwave arrived. my previous one had lasted over 15 years, but several days ago it started running much louder and giving off a smell of warm/hot plastic...:fear: so it needed to be replaced. it still ran, but i figured it was better to not risk blowing a circuit breaker or such.

the new one is Farberware brand, and had good reviews. it was also under the max price i had set. :yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.