Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
How exciting! Medicare starts automatically the month after you turn 65, or lose your employer coverage if you are over 65 when you retire. They should be sending you info about electing Part B, which you definitely want to do and your new Medicare card. And if you don’t have a Supplemental plan yet including Part D drug coverage you want to shop for that and enroll now, even though it won’t be effective until after your retirement.
Done, done, and done. My work insurance will carry me through January; Medicare will kick in in February. I have A and B and chose an insurer for Plan G along with a drug plan. I'm good to go! Thanks!
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2.5 miles and got ready for work.
  • I'm working with a co-worker, showing him how I review different plans. We're going to work on landscaping reviews this morning. It's hard because there's so much I want to tell him, but I also worry about throwing everything at him at one time. I have agreed to come in on a contractual basis to work on plans for a while, if they need it. And to do some graphics work.
  • We never did make it for groceries last night; I didn't have time to make up a list. I did the list late last night, so we'll go today when I get home.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to work this morning. The good news is that I have 33 working days left! :yess: Yep, I'm counting.
How long have you worked there?

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Will do some light chores, Helper called off again. I don't think she enjoys preparing meals. Maybe one of her nieces is sick. She has custody of her nephew's daughters while he is in Afghanistan. They are ages 5 and 7 and both in school and I am certain they pick up all kinds of viruses and colds. She made tuna salad yesterday Nicole brought me 5 bagels on Sunday do I'm good for food.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Moved some things around to make sure the demo guys have plenty of room and covered the bed and furniture that will likely be dust coated by end of day. Even though they haven’t arrived yet, poor Willow has already recognized the change in routine and is hiding in the basement doing her “the world is ending” moan/cry.

I have plans to get some sewing done while they are knocking away at the bathroom.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
How long have you worked there?
I have worked here for 20 years. Before that, I worked in a paper manufacturing plant for 18 years. When I left the paper plant, I had no feelings about it, other than an overwhelming sense of relief. I have a feeling that, when I leave here, there will be tears. I genuinely like the people I work with here. And, for the most part, I did like my job. It's just that I'm tired. I'm tired and I'm ready (I think) to move on.

It's a rather cloudy, gloomy day today. I guess it's getting ready for the rain tomorrow.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2-1/2 miles, sorted two loads of laundry, and got ready for work
  • Laundry night and trash night (unless Rick does it before I get home). He usually does the laundry, except for a load of work clothing that I wash for myself. And he does the litter boxes during the week.
  • Work on raking some leaves

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • There was some growling on the deck early this morning when I let Cal back in and I think it was a racoon, When she came in she sat facing the slider as though something was out there. I know a cat's growl and this was not a cat. It's supposed to begin raining this afternoon and continue off and on through tomorrow. Some cities have changed Trick or Treat night to Friday.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoveling
A little more shoveling
Then a bit of shoveling lol ;)
I never shovel. In addition to my big snowblower I have a twenty year old Toro electric snow thrower. So light it can be lifted with one hand but throws snow about five feet. Can handle about 8 inches of snow, sometimes more if it’s light. I use it the driveway probably half the time when it snows and always on the walks and patio.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, make some soda pop, and wrap and freeze 3 bagels. i'll also spend some time with my budget.

after that, i'll watch some tv and possibly play some computer games.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Shoveling?? Say what? How much?
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Did you make your bagels?

I ended up with a Migraine from Hades yesterday afternoon. I have no idea what set it off; I was working on a graphics thing on the computer and it started with me missing letters in words (EXECUTIVE became XECUTIVE). And I knew. About 15 minutes later, I got the kaleidoscope of colors. And then the pain hit. I made it through to the end of my day, got home from work, and crashed. And that was pretty much it until about 5:45 this morning, when i dragged my sorry butt out of bed. It's still here, but not nearly as bad. I debated about calling off sick, but figured I could handle it as long as it doesn't get any worse.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2.5 miles, and got ready for work
  • I see that the Samsung TV that I've had my eye on is on sale. I'm going to run over to our local store during lunch.
  • Early night for me. Rick is bowling, Supernatural took a week break, and there's nothing that important going on. It's to rain like crazy tonight. I didn't sleep well last night at all.
I was going to make more apple dumplings tonight, but am going to wait until Sunday. That way, they're nice and fresh to take a couple more up to Rick's mom on Sunday night.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How much snow did you get?
How much?
About a foot, I think ;) nice fluffy sparkly white stuff LOL - I'm one of those people who loves the changing seasons, and I love snow and the crisp air that comes with it :D

That way, they're nice and fresh to take a couple more up to Rick's mom on Sunday night.
You're so thoughtful - I hope your head gets better!

Quiet day around here today, maybe some dusting and vacuuming
Already cleaned the cat boxes, need to give him his milkthistle
getting some more latchhooking project rows done

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Brrrrrrrrr..!!! boxes
  • Tea, very hot
  • Washing some smalls, still have more throws and winter coats to wash. It went from 65 yesterday to 29 this morning with a wind chill of 16!! Wrecks havoc on the body. Also had vicious winds as well and still have them. Washing leggings to wear under sweats.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We were under a tornado watch last night til midnight. That storm came through here like a house afire. The wind roared and we had downpours upon downpours. It was ugly. Yesterday we hit the 70s; today we're not to get out of the 40s. We lost power several times last night, In western PA, they had snow flurries.

Furballsmom Furballsmom You mentioned that that Northerner had all different words for snow. I bet all of them are cuss-words, too! :lol:

When I get a migraine, it's complete with aura. Words or letters will completely disappear. Then I get the colors. And then the pain hits. It affects both eyes. Til I got home again yesterday, it was bad again. I got home and Rick was on the couch with a bad sinus headache. We were two of a kind last night. He took a bunch of Advil and most of his pain dissipated. He was able to bowl. I just crashed.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2.5 miles, and got ready for work
  • Still doing some plan review training at work for my replacement
  • We need to run some errands tonight: Target, the vet, etc. (Rick said he might do them today after his doctor appt)
And that's it.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I bet all of them are cuss-words, too!
LOL!!

Glad you survived that storm, holy cats!! I so hope your heads get better! (Mine has the accompanying upset stomach and sensitivity to light but still isn't like yours, --you have my sympathies!!)

Oil change for the vehicle,
Couple loads of laundry
Still trying to get more latchhooking done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.