Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- me? make bagels? i wish i could, but that's not something i'd attempt. i do love bagels though, very much! :yummy:

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, make some soda. i'll spend some time with my budget too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Yes, yet another one. Thankfully, this only lasted for a little over a day and I went back to work yesterday.
Really cold last night. :cold: At this time of year, I'm thankful for electric blankets and fluffy comforters. Last night, Molli was already in bed and waiting for me. Tabby was sleeping on the top of the chair in the living room. I said, "Tabby! Hey Tabs! Betcha the bed is warmer." She opened her eyes and looked at me and said, "Well, I don't know....." And I said, "Bed, Tabby! It's warmer in bed!" She sighed and said, "Wait for me! I'm coming!" I looked over at Muffin lying on her Dad's lap and said, "You coming, Miss Muffin?" She said, "Nope, I'm fine!" I started back the hallway and Muffin said, "Hey! Wait up! I'm coming!" When I finally got in bed, the three girls were all cuddled in. They all know what the word "bed" means. And they all approve.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm sitting back here with my morning coffee.
  • We're going to the unfinished furniture store this morning; I'm taking Rick out for breakfast first.
  • Working on leaf-raking this afternoon
My work office is mostly bare. I brought my pictures home yesterday and we put them in the shed. They're not on the walls yet. I also brought more knick-knacks and doo-dads home. The only things left at work are my plants, my lights, and my fridge. It looks weird. My co-worker came in to chat and he looked around and said, "Wow, Pam, this is just wrong". He had given me Pete, the (metal) parrot; he found him at a yard sale somewhere, bought him, and then gave him to me. I fell in love with Pete and told him that I was taking him home. He said it was fine, that he knew Pete would have a good home. He also gave me a matchbox version of Clarence and I took that home, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, yet another one. Thankfully, this only lasted for a little over a day and I went back to work yesterday.
I wonder if they will ease up a little bit once you stop working? :crossfingers:

Three things?

- Hazardous Waste day in my town. I got the short straw so will wait in line with some of our old oils, insecticides, etc for disposal.
- I need to finish cutting back the flower gardens for winter
- Weed and cover the vegetable garden (this will not be a one day event.)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished insulating in the bathroom yesterday so I am taking at least part of the day off today to visit the cabinet store to match paint samples and double check measurements off the vanity I am ordering. I also need to fill all of the feeders and pick up some corn for the squirrels.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did somewhat better yesterday than today. So let's start back then.
1) Finished covering the cut-back bananas by building an extension where bananas had spread beyond area covered by panels (and let me just say that putting the panels up by myself was not easy. But it was do-able. Needs must etc)
Winterizing Bananas_2019-11_overview of banana cover extension.jpg
1A) Which involved raking leaves and moving the tarp full (two tarps full actually) to where they were needed
2) Filled the downstairs wood rack from the outdoor firewood storage area.
3) Moved the last few pots clustered by garage doors into garage because winter is not merely coming, frigid temperatures mean it is arriving
Miscellaneous chores: feed cats, feed husband and self, litter pan duty - the usual every day stuff

Last night's low temperature, according to weather station on roof, was 16.7 degrees Fahrenheit

Today:
1) Moved some firewood from basement to rack near stove, build morning fire, adding wood as previous wood is consumed
2) Moved five pots of aspidistra from garage to their winter domicile on the second floor. Need ladder to get three pots up on shelf by windows.
3) Used a ladder and got two hoses up on brackets in the garage for winter storage
4) Used battery powered blower to get leaves off about 2/3 of driveway.
Same miscellaneous chores.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Finished covering the cut-back bananas by building an extension where bananas had spread beyond area covered by panels (and let me just say that putting the panels up by myself was not easy. But it was do-able. Needs must etc)
View attachment 307139
1A) Which involved raking leaves and moving the tarp full (two tarps full actually) to where they were needed
3) Moved the last few pots clustered by garage doors into garage because winter is not merely coming, frigid temperatures mean it is arriving
Miscellaneous chores: feed cats, feed husband and self, litter pan duty - the usual every day stuff

Last night's low temperature, according to weather station on roof, was 16.7 degrees Fahrenheit

Today:
1) Moved some firewood from basement to rack near stove, build morning fire, adding wood as previous wood is consumed
2) Moved five pots of aspidistra from garage to their winter domicile on the second floor. Need ladder to get three pots up on shelf by windows.
3) Used a ladder and got two hoses up on brackets in the garage for winter storage
That just sounds like a whole lot of work. Bet you will feel sore tomorrow! I take it the non show helper is gone for good?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 if the earth was flat I'd say he fell off the edge. I know husband would help if he could. But he cannot. He's doing better but still wearing back brace when out of bed, using walker to get around house, no BLT (bending / lifting / turning). Just standing for more than a brief time is painful.

The senior center has a wonderful Mr Fix-It program that helps seniors with chores that they cannot manage around the home. Our Mr Fix-It came twice, and each time swapped out the screens for storm glass on a pair of doors. Don't think banana covers are part of the program.

I better not feel too sore tomorrow because I want to clear as much as I can from my garage bay so I can park inside on Monday night. It's supposed to snow.

Most tedious will be packing cannas for winter storage - right now the different kinds are just heaped in different plastic tubs. And breaking down the sturdy cardboard boxes I used last winter to go out for recycle Monday night for Tuesday pickup. Unless I decide to try and find a place to keep them for some other purpose. This winter I'll use plastic bulb crates, which should stack better.

And on Wednesday at the morning knitting group I'll meet up with a kind friend who bought 5 pounds of bulk candied fruit at a store in Pennsylvania for me - a pound each of orange peel, lemon peel, red cherries, pineapple, citron. Which means it will be time to fit baking multiple batches of light fruit cake into the schedule. Have bought the dark and yellow raisins and dried currants (really they are tiny raisins, I believe), brandy to macerate them, several pounds of butter, 18 eggs etc. And of course will play Christmas music while mixing and baking. It does, I believe, improve the flavor.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom I hope so. For some reason, during the last several months, they have increased. It could just be everything with the shed and getting ready to retire.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, sorted through some laundry, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer. He's taking a snooze on the couch as he was up late last night.
  • Today's the day! :hyper: I'm decorating the kitchen for the holidays! I love this day. I'm putting all of the Fiesta away and dragging out our Winterberry dishes. They'll stay out until around the end of February.
  • If I get some time, we're going to do the shelves in the bookcases in the shed and haul some totes of books out there. I'm hoping Rick will hang my pictures, too. But we'll see how the football games go. I don't like to interrupt football. Yesterday, it wasn't pretty in the living room. Penn State lost. But then so did Alabama and that restored his faith in humanity.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 307139

Today:
Wowza, you were busy!! Are you sore today?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Lots of hot tea
  • Wash throws. Some of the throws I just put on the bed Friday have a faint odor of cat urine
  • so I will wash them and more. I trimmed Cal's hair around the back and her bottom and
  • she was not pleased. Have a few scratches. I don't mind washing throws as they are not
  • heavy and I want my bed to be clean. I guess I'll change them daily.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I start every morning with 10 minutes on my inversion chair and - recent addition - 5 minutes in sphinx pose (stretch out on tummy on yoga mat, get up on elbows and forearms) Sphinx pose supposed to be 3 minutes 3X/day but right now I'm too busy. This seems to stretch out my back fairly well.

Today - Deal With the Plants in the Garage!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 That was so nice of your friend!
While I don't play Christmas music (other than Snoopy's Christmas :paperbag::paperbag:), I think I do my best Christmas baking when the Tacky White Tree is up and decorated in the kitchen. When Rick was still working, I'd take a "Baking" day off work and spend the entire day in the kitchen with my TWT lit and rock music playing from my iPod. The oven was warm and the kitchen smelled wonderful. And life was good.

Last year when our DS and DGD were here for a day to bake cookies, our son brought his old Snoopy album along. Our granddaughter thought it was corny as all get out, but by the end of the day, she was singing right along with us. She told our son that his mom was a little on the crazy side. Our son said, "And she's pretty proud of that!"

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a good day yesterday. I was able to pick out paint colors, confirm my vanity choice and bonus, get my order placed for my shower pan and surround. Today after gym I am going to pick up some lumber. I have some reinforcing to do for future grab bars and other stuff plus an idea for a built in toilet paper holder I am going to try to make.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Lots of hot tea
  • Wash throws. Some of the throws I just put on the bed Friday have a faint odor of cat urine
  • so I will wash them and more. I trimmed Cal's hair around the back and her bottom and
  • she was not pleased. Have a few scratches. I don't mind washing throws as they are not
  • heavy and I want my bed to be clean. I guess I'll change them daily.
Why do you have cat urine odor in your bed throws?? Sombra sleeps on my bed every night but no odor as a result. Isn't your cat using the litter box properly? Just curious. Is your cat an "easy scratcher"?

Status
Not open for further replies.