Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Had cataract surgery on my right eye this morning (already did the left one).
Had lunch at Jersey Mike's
Donated money to a cat rescue to sponsor a couple of their residents who have been there the longest.
Hope your eye is doing okay. I have babysat my mom and aunt through their post surgery recovery and both were uneventful. I visit the eye doctor next month where I hope to get the approval to finally get mine removed.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Had cataract surgery on my right eye this morning (already did the left one).
Had lunch at Jersey Mike's
Donated money to a cat rescue to sponsor a couple of their residents who have been there the longest.
Hope you're feeling ok. I've always wanted to try a sub from Jersey Mike's.

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Played Word with Friends, started a load of smalls

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
misty8723 misty8723 Good luck with your eye. I hope it will be fine.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked a mile, and got ready for work
  • Leaving early this afternoon. I had signed up for Medicare online and, for some reason, they want my birth certificate. I'm taking it to the Social Security office today, so have to leave early.
  • Work outside tonight

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
While I am waiting for today’s temp to come up so I can mow up a whole lot of leaves I am cleaning out my master bath. Looks like demo day will be early next week.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope your eye is doing okay. I have babysat my mom and aunt through their post surgery recovery and both were uneventful. I visit the eye doctor next month where I hope to get the approval to finally get mine removed.
It is definitely uneventful, I can see far better than I have for a long time. Good luck if you get yours done. I found it was a very easy process.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you're feeling ok. I've always wanted to try a sub from Jersey Mike's.
Thanks, I'm feeling fine and seeing better than ever. Jersey Mike's is the only place we go for subs, they are the best. At least the one we go to, and the staff are so nice. Tonight I wanted to get a cookie but they were out, so the girl not only made one just for me, but she didn't charge me for it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Are you gutting your entire bathroom? That's what we did last year. It was an event and took forever to get it all done. Good luck! And pictures, please!

It's apple time! We're going down to get our apples today. That means that on Sunday, I'll be up to my ears in apple sauce, apple pies, and apple dumplings! Rick's mom has been after me now for at least two weeks for an apple dumpling. And there'll be enough apples leftover for The Beast and me to munch on. I love apples. We'll fill a bag with just Grannies for Jackie and me.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm sitting back here with my morning coffee. I still need to scoop the boxes.
  • Going on our Apple Run today
  • Do some outside work this afternoon before it rains. The pool is finally covered, but Rick still needs to blow out the jets. A wee bit of clipping yet and then that will be done for another season. It's already looking rather stark around here. Must clean some leaves, too, then we'll have a bonfire. Sunday is expected to be pretty much a wash-out with all the rain.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's apple time! We're going down to get our apples today. That means that on Sunday, I'll be up to my ears in apple sauce, apple pies, and apple dumplings! Rick's mom has been after me now for at least two weeks for an apple dumpling. And there'll be enough apples leftover for The Beast and me to munch on. I love apples. We'll fill a bag with just Grannies for Jackie and me.
Yum!!! Grannies and Pink Ladies are my faves.
susanm9006 susanm9006 Are we going to see you on v soon with your own DIY show?😊
misty8723 misty8723 Aww,,, that was nice of her. I'm glad you are seeing better.

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Still washing winter stuff. My helper complained about it yesterday. I wonder if she is going through menopause?
  • She keeps asking me where things are and she should know by now. There are times I need to rest for a bit but when I do, she calls up to me asking about something. Take notes. Anyway I will wash some blankets and winter pjs, and maybe watch a DVD. Supposed to rain all afternoon.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester - Yes, the whole master bathroom is being gutted, although it is very small. It is 1960’s tile on the walls and in the walk in shower, set in a super thick mud base, not something that is a do it yourself demo. Originally I intended to use a contractor but they pad their costs so heavily the total ended up being just way to much for a small room. And part of it like insulating, laying the floor, setting the vanity and trim carpentry I can do myself.

So I am contracting it myself which ends up being slower and I am having solid surface materials put in the shower and that takes weeks once you order so I am expecting 3-4 months for the project.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow!

Probably breakfast at a restaurant and then the relatives will head back out of town

Possibly some golf at the driving range, it's going to be a very nice day

Some more Latchhooking

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Good luck with your bathroom!

We went for our apples yesterday, about 70 pounds, down from previous years because of Rick being retired. We have a huge bag full of a good variety of apples for sauce. Another huge bag of a good variety for pies and dumplings; I like to take just one apple from every variety in our Pie bag to use for pie. You get a really good assortment of tart and sweet and different textures in the pie. It makes for a very good apple pie. And a huge bag of Grannies for The Beast and I to munch on during November; I'm sure she's getting tired of just having baby carrots and frozen green beans for her "after-pooping" treat. She dearly loves apples.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick stripped the bed down and put the sheets in the washer. I sorted three piles of laundry in addition to the bed sheets. I put flannel sheets on the bed a couple weeks ago and I'm throwing the comforter on the bed this morning when I remake it. By the end of the this-coming week, our highs will be in the low-to-mid 50s. We'll need the comforter with the electric blanket by then.
  • It's pouring outside and that will continue all day. Rick is going out to the shed this afternoon. While he's out there, I'm going to work on applesauce. I hope to get the pies and dumplings made today, too. Southern Living has an interesting recipe for a Roasted Granny Smith Apple Pie and I'd like to try that.
  • Vacuum, Swiffer, and wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
And a huge bag of Grannies for The Beast and I to munch on during November; I'm sure she's getting tired of just having baby carrots and frozen green beans for her "after-pooping" treat. She dearly loves apples.
Sweet!!

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Started some laundry, will do some light chores. It poured all afternoon yesterday, into the evening and morning It's finally stopped but we are having very fierce winds, gusts up to 45 mph, yikes!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning mom’s house and then when I get back I will do another mow of the leaves. Still a whole lot of leaves on the trees so another couple of weeks of nearly daily mowing.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Made custard, made cornbread, heated batch of chili
Fed cat his milk thistle
Got laundry sorted and jeans washed, just in time to watch a better Broncos football game ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning. The good news is that I have 33 working days left! :yess: Yep, I'm counting.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2 miles, and got ready for work. Stopped for gas for Clarence on my way in this morning.
  • Must make up a grocery list (I didn't have time over the weekend) and then go for groceries tonight
And I think that's pretty much it for me.

Oh, I forgot to mention over the weekend that everything went OK at the Social Security office on Friday afternoon. They took my drivers' license, made a copy of both the license and my birth certificate, and that was that Hopefully I'll hear something soon about Medicare.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to work this morning. The good news is that I have 33 working days left! :yess: Yep, I'm counting.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2 miles, and got ready for work. Stopped for gas for Clarence on my way in this morning.
  • Must make up a grocery list (I didn't have time over the weekend) and then go for groceries tonight
And I think that's pretty much it for me.

Oh, I forgot to mention over the weekend that everything went OK at the Social Security office on Friday afternoon. They took my drivers' license, made a copy of both the license and my birth certificate, and that was that Hopefully I'll hear something soon about Medicare.
How exciting! Medicare starts automatically the month after you turn 65, or lose your employer coverage if you are over 65 when you retire. They should be sending you info about electing Part B, which you definitely want to do and your new Medicare card. And if you don’t have a Supplemental plan yet including Part D drug coverage you want to shop for that and enroll now, even though it won’t be effective until after your retirement.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the dentist to finish my crown this morning and then did another mowing of leaves. After cleaning up outdoors I threw out hazelnuts for the squirrels and blue jays. Bathroom demo day tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.