Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've put two containers of roasted buttercup squash in the freezer -- i roasted the squash yesterday, and saved some (in the fridge) for the next few nites dinners.

i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i may pre-measure (the dry ingredients) for a cake, but will see how my day goes.

after that, i'll play some computer games and continue with a jigsaw puzzle.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Some aides just do the bare minimum. Sounds like she is one of them. Some do not like cats; perhaps she is one of them.
I had her as fill-in last year. Another aide told me she will not clean?? She'll have to clean here and do some light cooking.
I wish I didn't need an aide but I do so I'll see how it goes. I miss Hannah, always smiling and laughing.😿

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Put some smalls in the washer

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
While it is a pain to have her call in sick, you really do not want her around you while she is sick.. even contagious. She needs to improve.. and wear a mask when she is around you.

I am sorry she does not cook. Hannah really did spoil you!! LOL;) saying it with love..

Some aides just do the bare minimum. Sounds like she is one of them. Some do not like cats; perhaps she is one of them.

Try her out for a couple of weeks, then if you do not think it is a match, then ask for a new aide.

Good luck. I will be watching for news. I may not reply but I read it all..
((hugs))
Well, she called off again!!! 😿

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
- Visit my grandcat :petcat:while the kids are out of town;
- Try a recipe for madeleines, which I’ve never made before;
- Pay bills :ohwell:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scrubbed my kitchen floor and then lost my desire to keep cleaning and decided to go for a 5-mile hike. I then came home and cleaned my stove, vacuumed and did laundry. I lost track of time and just realized it is now 10pm and I'm not entirely sure how it got to be so late.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard is in New Jersey for a union thing and will be home Sunday. This is the first day of a three-day weekend for me as I have off work for Columbus Day.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. I need to scoop.
  • Working in the house today: vacuum, dust, wash kitty schnuffle from the windows, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom (that will be this morning and then tonight to finish up)
  • Working out in the yard this afternoon to clip down some flowers in the front flower bed. The mums are blooming around Rupert and the gaillardia plants are still blooming. I'll deadhead the gaillardia and let them go until the frost hits them. I may go 'round to the flower bed in the back yard, too; haven't been out there since I saw the snake skin because.....where's there's a snake skin, there's usually a snake! :headshake:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Try a recipe for madeleines, which I’ve never made before;
How did they turn out?
I found a recipe and I would love to try making them with Nicole.
I have physical problems with my hands and arms but with her help
I think they would turn out good. First I would have to buy the pan.
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • May get my hair cut today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It was 34 when I took The Beast out for her morning pee about an hour ago. :cold: I didn't miss it.

Rick will be home sometime this afternoon. He won $300 last night.
  • Took The Beast out to pee, breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Working on three loads of laundry
  • I may go back outside to clip until Rick gets home (walnuts need to be picked up, plants need to be clipped down, leaves need to be raked)
  • Manicure tonight

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Gym this morning and then I started tackling closet cleaning when I returned. There are four hallway closets, including a huge 4 x 10 walk in, and I started with these because they just seem to accumulate the most stuff and the big one takes the most time. Got three of the four done and will finish the rest tomorrow. And started a big pot of Chili for dinner tonight and to stock the freezer.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 We don't trust her off a leash. First time she saw a bunny, she'd be gone. She's done it while she was on a leash, so we know she'd try it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes
  • Going to Ikea this morning (shipping is $200! We can go down and back and stop for lunch for that price!)
  • Ordering a sleeper sofa this afternoon (It will take 2-3 weeks to get here; I'm thinking probably longer.)
Billy bookcases: (We'll "fix up" the bookcases to hopefully make them look a little nicer. I cannot afford really good bookcases and this is fine for a shed.)
2 of these: BILLY Bookcase - white - IKEA

Blackstone sleeper sofa: Blackwood Queen Sofa Sleeper | Ashley Furniture HomeStore
We're going through a local furniture store that we've dealt with before. We bought our living room furniture, our dining room table, my computer desk and credenza, our Speed Queen washer, etc. We've always been satisfied with this store. I talked to the sales-weenie about my concerns with Ashley; they said THEY deliver, not Ashley. And THEY, not Ashley, will handle any problems with the sofa for a year.

Rick hasn't decided on a chair yet.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. it's 'salon day' for my cats -- claw trimming, with treats afterward as a 'thank you for allowing me to'. i'll be taking an inventory of baking supplies and a couple other items. i have some reorganizing to do. and i'm sure to come across assorted other tasks that need doing too.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Gather throws I haven't been using for washing. It's 35 now, brrrrr. Also going to wash beanies and gloves. Last year I bought 6 pairs for a good price, all different colors. Have to wash my parka as well.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thanks! The bookcases are in the shed; we have to put them together when the floor is finished. The sofa is on order, along with a glider chair. Still looking for a rug or two. And a small table and chairs. And I'm getting to the "find a tv" stage.

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm getting to the taking stock of holiday here, too. I think I have about two cups of flour left....and not a smidgen of flour in the freezer. Hopefully flour will be going on sale and soon.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2.5 miles, and got ready for work
  • I have a planning commission meeting today after work
  • Didn't make it for groceries last night, so will try to go tonight, I guess

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<snip>

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm getting to the taking stock of holiday here, too. I think I have about two cups of flour left....and not a smidgen of flour in the freezer. Hopefully flour will be going on sale and soon.

<snip>
uh-oh! that's really low on flour!

that's why i'm taking my inventory, so i'll be ready to make my yearly baking supplies purchases when the flour and sugars go on sale. and i wasn't able to get the inventory done yesterday. just not enough time in the day -- i had to prioritize, do the things that needed to be done first yesterday.

today i'll wash the dishes, make some liters of soda, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll move something for upcoming dinners to the fridge to thaw (not sure what yet, will look in the freezer and see what looks good).

after that, i'll play some computer games and watch something on tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I know! I keep waiting for it to go on sale somewhere! Then I'll make a haul and throw it in the freezer.

The shed floor is halfway there! It really looks nice. Rick set up his saw outside the shed, so he doesn't have to run to the basement and back every time he needs to make a cut. He was heading out to the shed this morning when I left for work; it's supposed to really downpour this afternoon, so he wants to get as much flooring cut this morning as he can.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2 miles, and got ready for work.
  • Two loads of laundry tonight, unless Rick does it this afternoon
And that''s pretty much it for my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.