Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The other night, Mollipop was lying in Pepe's bed. I saw her and started to say, "Molli, what are you doing in Pepe's bed?" only to realize that it's now anybody's bed.
I bet it makes Mollipop feel close to Pepe being her bed. Poor Clarence. He'll have a brand new clutch!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is planning on a push on the bead board today. He thinks he can get the rest of what we have finished. It's going to take more boards than he had planned on, though, and Lowes doesn't have a lot of good boards left in stock right now. Tomorrow morning, we may be making a trip over to another Lowes to see what boards they have.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles, and got ready for work
  • Stopped at Giant this morning for a bag of pretzels
  • I may mow the yard tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom How do you like your new fridge? I see where it was cooling down nicely for you. Are you happy with it? Is it bigger than your old fridge?

Since we're no longer getting the rain that we were getting this summer, the grass has stopped growing so quickly. Rick said I didn't need to mow the yard last night; he's thinking Sunday now instead.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. I'll need to scoop the boxes in a little while.
  • Must do some banking, run into the meat market for steaks for our Labor Day picnic on Monday, and I need to do a Target run.
  • Get chicken thighs and legs out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge. While I'm grilling steaks on Monday, I might as well do some chicken, too, while I'm at it. I hate turning the grill on for ten minutes.
We went to Lowes last night; they did have a new supply of bead board, so we bought 12 more pieces. Rick will condition them this afternoon before we start sanding the finished ones. All the pieces need to be sanded, then conditioned, then wiped, stained, then varnished three times with a sanding in between varnish coats. It takes a lot of time.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
box
tea
Going to take it easy over the holiday weekend. Nicole is having a picnic on Sunday.Goodness, I have so many hardcover books to read that other people have holds on so I will attempt to read as much as I can. It's nice and cool out this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We ended up coming home from our errands yesterday and not doing much of anything. Rick left late afternoon to do the draft for his first fantasy football league. He'll be doing the draft for his other league Monday night, but that's an online draft, so he'll be hanging out on his iPad. While he was gone, I read my e-books from the library. One of our neighbors is putting a large patio with a fire pit in his back yard, along with a pool. He's bitten off a little more than he can chew, trying to do it alone and he's been working all summer long. When Rick got home last night, he went over to our neighbor to help out a little bit.
  • Breakfast for the kids, sorted laundry, Rick stripped the bed down and put the sheets in the washer. I'll need to scoop after I've finished my morning coffee.
  • Vacuum, dust, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • Make sure the chicken is completely thawed, then get it in the marinade for the night in the fridge.
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight
Rick's cousin is up at his cabin; they always do a last-of-the-summer family picnic and they always invite us. Rick will be going to visit with them, but he's not staying for dinner. He doesn't go every year, but said he wants to go this afternoon.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
box
tea x 3 Third cup was Raspberry Zinger, yum
Nicole is having a picnic, may go but I don't to cry in front of people. Going to catch up on sleep if I can.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
box
tea
washing some throws and pillow cases. I read a few years ago to use a fresh pillowcase daily if you have allergies and I've been doing it ever since. Very humid this morning from last night's rain, foggy as well.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 It might do you some good to get out of the house for a little bit. :hugs:

We awakened to thunder and lightning and pouring rain. It's really muggy here this morning. I have the windows opened just a little crack.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the first part of the peanut butter frosting, just took the chocolate cake out of the oven and it's cooling on the rack, made the dough for the Hawaiian Buns and it's (hopefully) rising on the stove top. I still have to frost the cake, finish the buns, and make the seven-layer salad. And season the steaks. (I'm hoping I can use the grill, if it stops raining in time!)
  • Must scoop boxes
  • Do a quick vacuum throughout living room and kitchen.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 It might do you some good to get out of the house for a little bit. :hugs:
I know but I'm in a lot of physical pain today and I have a trip to the Pain Clinic tomorrow. I had an app last Thursday which caused flaring because the driver on the way there had a vehicle with poor shocks and struts. The driver on the way back drove a comfortable Jeep Patriot with soft leather seats and my goodness this guy was smokin' hot:worship:. The drive to Cleveland is beautiful...lots of green so I will be enjoying that, then I'll go to Nicole's where I'll have dinner and see my girl's grave. Thank you. :hugs::rbheart:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
made the first part of the peanut butter frosting, just took the chocolate cake out of the oven and it's cooling on the rack, made the dough for the Hawaiian Buns and it's (hopefully) rising on the stove top. I still have to frost the cake, finish the buns, and make the seven-layer salad. And season the steaks.
As usual it sounds like a feast at your house!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
box
tea
small load of laundry Appt. this morning which will be brief. I'll have the driver drop me off in town so I can go to the library and maybe pick up something to eat.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thanks! I hope all goes well with your pain appt today.

Dinner was good. I gave leftovers to my sister and kept some for ourselves, too. Put the grilled chicken pieces in containers in the freezer for meals later on this fall. I brought some chocolate cake with PB frosting into work for the guys this morning. They love that cake. I tried a recipe out for fake King Hawaiian yeast rolls; it's a keeper! I made some honey butter with a bit of cinnamon and it hit the spot with the pineapple in the rolls. Yum!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work. Stopped on the way into work to put gas into the Tucson. Dear Richard used the car all weekend for his running around, promised me that he'd fill the tank back up and never did. Got in the car this morning and had less than 100 miles left.
  • Take the Tucson down to the garage tonight for some recall work and for the new fobs. That will be the last thing to do to replace my lost key ring.I suppose now we'll find the blasted thing!
  • Work in the yard a bit tonight. It's time to start cutting the plants down for the winter weather.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles, and Rick brought me into work. He'll come in this afternoon to pick me up. I was going to drive the truck, but he has to go down to Lowes this morning.
  • Go back down to the garage to get the Tucson. I don't like not having a vehicle!
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
  • Continue yard work

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- i really like my new fridge! it's 21.8 cu ft, instead of the 17-18 cu ft my old fridge had. it's stainless and is 'french door' fridge on top, and a pull out (drawer type) freezer at the bottom.

it's been a really busy 10 days here. :dizzy: new fridge being delivered, then shopping for perishable food, reorganizing in the back enclosed porch, then baking for a Labor Day cookout. i also tripped while moving some firewood :paperbag: (this happens every so often), but this time i sprained my wrist and bruised two ribs. i'm healing, and it's not as painful as it was the first few days after it happened.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make a loaf of bread machine bread. i'll also get some canning jars and lids washed, prep for storing spices in them long term (with oxygen absorber packets). and i'll vacuum seal some ham cold cuts, then freeze them.

i've been enjoying some Cupid (variety) tomatoes -- they're grape tomato shaped, only bigger. they're so good, sweet and great texture! :yummy:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thank you, Pam. It went well and it was nice to get out.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Ouch!! Are you ok?? Please take it easy!

box
tea

Lovely to have my Hannah back! She feels so badly about the Vincie girl. Callie is getting louder and louder. Maybe the Vincie girl knows I miss her and has given Callie instructions to talk more.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Had the furnace tune up guy out, an event I stress over every year. Mine is getting older and they are so expensive if they need to be replaced. But It was fine. At this time of year you might not need it for another month or you might need to turn it on in a few days. Also continuing to work on drainage working and cut the grass.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The contractor came in last night to measure for drywall. He's coming in next Thursday to start work. He has to do a bit of framing, then the drywall. He's also going to put gutters and spouting around the shed. We'll take all the beadboard pieces out of the shed and get them into the basement, so that the contractor has a completely empty shed to work in. Then when he's ready to install the pieces, we'll bring them back in. It's so much easier to work in an empty structure.

I still don't have the Tucson; they're still working on some recall work. When he called yesterday, he said they'd really try to have it ready so that I can pick it up tonight after work. This started out with the key fob, but since there were two recalls, they said they'd do that work, too. And since I can't drive Clarence, Rick has been chauffeuring me back and forth to work.

I blew my lower back out. It's really bad. Hoping it's just a muscle problem and that I didn't blow yet another disk (I have four blown disks now). It's very painful and it was all I could do to get dressed this morning. And I don't even know how I did it. Crap.
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work
  • Hopefully, we'll get the Tucson back tonight
  • I need to call the garage (see if they take AAA) to take Clarence in; Rick will not let me drive him because of the clutch
I really hate being without a car!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I blew my lower back out. It's really bad. Hoping it's just a muscle problem and that I didn't blow yet another disk (I have four blown disks now). It's very painful and it was all I could do to get dressed this morning. And I don't even know how I did it. Crap.
OUCH!! Oh, so sorry Pam. Does ice or heat help? Take it easy, maybe read your book and rest your back when you get home. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.