your cat community
Interact with our community

Name Three Things - 2019

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
In the kitchen
Clarence is back! :redheartpump: And I drive him into work this morning. When I walked out of the house, I said, Well, buddy, it's you and me this morning! It's about time!" And from inside the house, I heard, "Seriously?" :lol: They replaced gearshift bushings and things are back to normal (or to whatever passes for normal around here). He shifts really easy now.

It's going to get warmer (well into the 80's) for the rest of this week around here, too. And by Thursday and Friday, dew points will be well into 70's, which means the humidity will be stifling again. Still, it may be the last time for a while, so no complaining here. We'll take it.

My BIL is coming over tonight. I'm doing something wrong with getting wireless internet in the shed and I don't know what. He's my computer guru; when I can't figure it out, I talk to him. I really try myself first, and, most of the time, I can get things working. This time? Well, I'll be darned if I can figure it out. I think it's nothing more than a password problem. But well, I'm having a major brain fart and can't figure it out. And I know that when he gets it, I'm going to go :doh2: and :paperbag::paperbag:.

Oh, and all my meetings are cancelled for September! :woohoo: I really don't like meetings, so any time I can just go straight home, it works.
  • Breakfast for the kids, got ready for work
  • BIL coming in tonight to help me
  • A quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen

Mia6

Mother of two
Top Cat
Jan 22, 2017
Ohio, USA
Box
Tea

Callie is going to be shaved at the vets today because of fleas. My nephews are going to bomb the house. The Frontline Plus didn't work on her fleas so vet told me to give her Capaction. I gave it to her around 10:30am yesterday and it's like she's been drugged. She slept on the deck from 10:30am-5:00pm yesterday. I had to pick up her 20lb sweet body and bring her inside. Once she was in she acted as though she didn't know where she was. I put her laundry basket in the kitchen with a warm towel from the dryer. I kept checking on her and she was sound asleep. This morning she was still in basket. then got up to pee. She is now back in basket. No fleas. But wowza, it is a powerful medication. Between the vet visit, meds, defogger, it's going to be almost $300.00. Nicole is paying for vet visit.

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
In the kitchen
Oh wow, Mia6 Mia6 I hope Callie is better. We had an episode with fleas and it was ugly. My sister was taking two kittens to the vet and, since she wanted to do some shopping beforehand, she brought the kittens to our house while she did her shopping. We didn't know, but both kittens were loaded with fleas. We had to take Hydrox to the vet for a couple flea dips and he stayed overnight for two nights while we bombed the house and my car. I forget what it cost us, but it was an expensive project, between all the bombs, and keeping Hydrox at the vet. Thankfully, Hydrox was an only child at the time.

Contractor called yesterday to say that he's coming in today to do the needed framing around the roof for the drywall.

My BIL and I spent four hours in the McShed last night, trying to get the blasted LinkSys Switch to work. We can get wireless internet in the shed, but we can't get a hard-wired connection to work. Go figure. We were even on the phone for about 3 hours with our cable provider's tech support; he was working with us. Nothing worked. And, you know, it shouldn't be that damned difficult. I know it's something really stupid that we're either messing up or not thinking about. And the cat 6 cable coming in from the house works perfectly. First thing we tried. Fortunately, we can get wireless internet, so all is not lost. And we still have regular tv cable for the tv. But, I think that, for my BIL, it's the point of the thing now....he's going to get that to work if it's the last thing he does! I don't hassle my BIL if I don't have to; if I can get things working myself, I prefer to do it alone. But this one has me stumped. It also has my BIL and the tech support weenie stumped as well.
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work (Never got out of bed this morning until 6:15, no walking)
  • Laundry night
  • Must go to Target for Rick's meds
We are back to three vehicles....finally. I was going through serious car withdrawal.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Feb 15, 2014
...with the cats...
<snip>
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Ouch!! Are you ok?? Please take it easy!
<snip>
i'm doing much better now. still tender with the ribs, but only when laying in bed and when i lean down certain ways.

i'm so glad to read that Hannah is back! :yess:

Winchester Winchester -- i hope your back feels better soon! :vibes::vibes::vibes:

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll continue prepping quart canning jars, for 'putting up' spices (for long term storage).

after that, i'll likely have a nice hot cup of tea (it's forecast to be a high in the upper 60's here today). then i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
In the kitchen
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm glad those ribs are feeling better for you. My back is doing better, but it was ugly for a while. Thanks. How are you putting up spices? What do you do with them?

Mia6 Mia6 How is your flea situation doing?

Drywallers are here today.
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work
  • It's raining with showers forecast for most of the day. I may do some work outside in the flower bed if it dries off enough by tonight. Rick bowls tonight.
  • A quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen.
  • Likely watch a couple episodes of Dead Files while Rick is bowling.
And that will be my day.

Mia6

Mother of two
Top Cat
Jan 22, 2017
Ohio, USA
Mia6 Mia6 How is your flea situation doing?
Got it taken care of but very expensive. The bill for treating Callie was over $200.00. They gave her an antibiotic injection, a steroid injection, 2 kinds of flea treatments. Once lasts three months. House was bombed. Hannah cleaned off all the surfaces in the house that had been exposed to the pesticide bomb. The products I bought came to $130.00. She didn't need to be shaved, but I asked them to shave her genital area because she has such long hair back there. I was constantly cleaning her and she hated it. She is sound asleep in her laundry basket, like an angel.
Glad your back is better. :hugs:

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Yes, I am so lucky to have Hannah back. Glad your ribs are better.:hugs:

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
In the kitchen
Mia6 Mia6 I'm glad things are back to normal for you and for Callie. It's expensive, I know.
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work
  • Stopped on my way into work to grab some doughnuts for the guys
I don't know what we're doing tonight, if much of anything. Other than :sleep: :sleep2:, that is.

Mia6

Mother of two
Top Cat
Jan 22, 2017
Ohio, USA
Winchester Winchester Thanks, Pam. I couldn't have done it myself, Hannah washed everything after the bombing. Plus cooked for me. Lots of laundry to be done, but we'll get there. It's been an exhausting week.

box
tea

started some laundry. played WWF.

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
In the kitchen
Rick and my BIL left for the drags (drag races). They're going to stop to pick up our grandson, have a bit of breakfast somewhere, and then spend the day checking out cars.

I'm going to do some housework and then spend the day with my nose in a book (or three).
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Vacuum, do a Swiffer about the house, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • Wipe down the inside of the fridge
  • If it doesn't rain, do some outside work
  • Give myself a manicure; my poor nails have been severely neglected.
And then read for a while.

Mia6

Mother of two
Top Cat
Jan 22, 2017
Ohio, USA
Winchester Winchester Wowza, Pam, a manicure sounds amazing. So does reading 3 books.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom How are you feeling?

box
tea

Had bad storms last night. The thunder and lightening bolts were fierce and the rain torrentional. When I got up the deck umbrella was tipped over but I have it attached to the heavy deck chair with a bungee cord so it wasn't on the ground but I had to lift it, ouch! The little table fell over as well and my favorite soup bowl was broken in pieces on the ground. It was a Campbell soup bowl with a handle. I hope I can find another one. May walk to Farmer's Market to get more tomatoes. Callie is peeing a lot from the steroid injection.

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
In the kitchen
Mia6 Mia6 I'm sorry about your bowl. But I'm glad that was all the damage you had. It rained here a bit in the afternoon, but nothing really downpour-ish.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom How are you feeling this morning?

The guys had a good day yesterday. Rick got home a little after 8:00 last night. And me? Well, you know all those things I was going to do yesterday? I managed to scoop the boxes (which is mandatory; we can be half-dead, but those boxes must be scooped), but that was it. Other than that, I was flopped on the couch with several books. And Molli flopped on my chest. Pretty much all day long. I did manage a good manicure last night and my nails breathed a sigh of relief; it had been a while. It was a good day for me, too.
  • Breakfast for the kids and emptied the dishwasher. Rick stripped the bed down and put the sheets in the washer. I have four small loads of laundry to do this morning.
  • Now I have to do all those things today that I didn't do yesterday. It was worth it!
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight

Mia6

Mother of two
Top Cat
Jan 22, 2017
Ohio, USA
Other than that, I was flopped on the couch with several books. And Molli flopped on my chest. Pretty much all day long. I did manage a good manicure last night and my nails breathed a sigh of relief; it had been a while. It was a good day for me, too.
:thumbsup:

box
tea

still have a bit of laundry but may hold off on that as pain is wicked today.
may watch movies. I want to watch For Keeps? A very cheesy chick flick with one of my faves, Molly Ringwald. I also have Betsy's Wedding with MR as well, Orphan, a suspenseful great flick, VHS, a horror flick that I began to watch on Friday but had to pause because they were doing the jerky hand-held camera stuff and I got motion sickness.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Feb 1, 2017
Atlanta
- I did 2 foster home inspections for the shelter.

- I plan to cook a soup and a casserole for lunches and dinners next week. I hate to cook so I am on TCS putting it off.

- Got my mom's microwave from my MIL's house. (She lives with us so I have things stored at her house) We have been using hers since ours died. Now hers has died. When my mom passed in March, I took her microwave since no one else wanted it.

Mia6

Mother of two
Top Cat
Jan 22, 2017
Ohio, USA
- I did 2 foster home inspections for the shelter.

- I plan to cook a soup and a casserole for lunches and dinners next week. I hate to cook so I am on TCS putting it off.

- Got my mom's microwave from my MIL's house. (She lives with us so I have things stored at her house) We have been using hers since ours died. Now hers has died. When my mom passed in March, I took her microwave since no one else wanted it.

So sorry about your mom. :hugs:

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
In the kitchen
Monday. :sigh: I don't like Monday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2.5 miles, and got ready for work
  • Must grab some groceries tonight (we were trying to only do grocery shopping every two weeks, but it's not working. We're going to go back to weekly)
Rick spent yesterday afternoon, working on straightening out the trench area to plant grass seed and going through the piles of dirt at the shed, trying to get tree roots out of the mess. He's taking them up to the garden and we'll burn them with the other brush. While he did that, I got the yard mowed. I can see that the grass is starting to die back a bit. Our walnut tree is starting to lose its leaves; it's the last to get leaves in the spring and the first to lose them in the fall.

And I got everything done yesterday that I managed not to do on Saturday.

R rgwanner What do you look for when you do home inspections for people to foster?

Mia6

Mother of two
Top Cat
Jan 22, 2017
Ohio, USA
Boxes-
Callie went upstairs to the spare bedroom on Sunday because she became frightened when Ryan (nephew) was spraying Advantage outdoor spray around the yard and deck. You must use a hose and I don't have a spigot outside so he hooked it up the bathroom cold water nozzle that is used for the washing machine. I found her sleeping on a tote. I had bought 2 new litter boxes but hadn't had Hannah fill the one upstairs since Callie wasn't going up. I decided to place litter in the box and when I looked at it she had peed in it with no litter!I felt so badly. So I switched them, brought up the one from laundry room and washed out the one she had peed it. It's all good now.

Tea

Will do some reading I hope. Trying to play catch up on sleep.

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
In the kitchen
Awwww. Even without litter, Callie knew what that box was for!

Rick had to go into work this morning to sign up new hires for joining the union. We got up at 4:45, which used to be our normal time for dragging our butts out of bed. I wish I could convince myself to get up at that time every morning because I get my walking in that way. He's now back home and the drywallers are working in the shed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • My boss gave me a new graphics project to work on today. I love doing graphics projects!
  • We may hit Lowes tonight for Kilz to start painting. They said not to actually begin painting until Thursday, to give everything a good chance to dry. Thankfully, it's quite dry out right now. No rain is forecast for the rest of the week and we're in a pretty good dry and non-humid spell.
And that's pretty much it for me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Feb 20, 2011
Yesterday was a lost day, spent six hours at the hospital with the elderly aunt while she waited for and recovered from an endoscopy. So today, I am playing catch up. The gym, grocery shopping and cleaning up my messy house. Then on to clean my mom’s house tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
May 18, 2005
Massachusetts
We got up at 4:45, which used to be our normal time for dragging our butts out of bed. I wish I could convince myself to get up at that time every morning because I get my walking in that way.
I hear you on this. Aaron is working from home now and we get up later every day. We are exercising less and eating more because he's always looking for "snacks". I'm trying to slowly get back into the exercised thing. The many days of hot and humid weather over the summer didn't help either.