Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i'm so very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

today i've paid a bill, and have done some printing. i'll wash the dishes, make 2 to 3 liters of soda, move some dessert servings to the fridge to thaw, and scoop the litter boxes.

it's forecast to be a high of 72 degrees F today, so my cats may be able to enjoy some fresh air, sitting in the windows for a while. :happycat:

later today, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
boxes
tea
drying some throws. The Vincie girl took off for a morning adventure. Something that she's just started up again about 3 weeks ago. After she became deaf in 2015, she would not leave the yard and liked to stay on the deck. I made a tent out of sheets and bedspreads. She would not come upstairs till about 3 or 4 months ago, now she sleeps there all the time. She is going on adventures, leaving the yard as she used to before she lost her hearing. She always comes home but sometimes I look for her and find her in Mitch's yard. He owns the house next door but doesn't live in it and there are a lot of huge trees for shade.
It's as though she is not afraid anymore. She is still deaf. If I don't let her out she is miserable. I went to look for her just now but couldn't find her. It will be raining soon so she'll come home then.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Thank you! :hugs: We're getting there.
  • Breakfast for the kids, got ready for work
  • Hair appt tonight. And it's time! I cancelled the other week because I had a really bad headache and didn't want somebody handling my hair. Then last week, she cancelled because she wasn't supposed to be working that night. So the white is very apparent. Ugh I mean, to the point where I don't even want to leave my office/cube. :sigh: It's a bugger getting old.
  • I may mow a bit tonight. I could probably get the front yard done, if nothing else.
And that's it. Rick has been working on the shed pretty much every day. He's been taking care of the scooping and the Wednesday laundry.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am starting on a much needed outdoor project today to try to reroute outdoor drainage sump pump lines so I don’t have major spring flooding like I did last spring. The plan is to reroute some pvc pipes and add fittings so I can add extension pipes when needed in Spring to get the water further from the house.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids and got ready for work. When I left, Rick was scooping the boxes. He's going to finish the McShed insulation this morning and then work on staining beadboard.
  • I need to go see Marty (go to Giant) for onions, butter beans, pork & beans, and a gallon of white vinegar. I love Marty.
  • Need to get my second and final shingles shot after work
  • I may put my crock pot beans together tonight and throw them in the fridge. Then tomorrow morning, all I have to do is put them in the crock pot.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep working on the outside drainage situation but just completed the dreaded task that has been on the to do list for the last few weeks - capturing Willow and grooming her. This is only a twice a year thing because she is horrible to catch and has a tendency to poop when she is scared. Anyway, she was caught, hauled into the shower stall, dematted, brushed of three cats worth of fur and cleaned with a damp cloth. She is currently hiding and probably will for the next day.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My BIL called me on Friday to ask us over Saturday for an antiques, craft, flea festival in their town. Their fire company always does grilled chicken. He said they'd grab the chicken if I'd make my crock pot beans (he just loves those things). It worked. We went over around 10:30 or so, walked around a bit, bought a yard flag for Halloween, had dinner, and came home. We gave them a good quart of beans and kept a quart for us. I put ours in the freezer to have on Labor Day.

And we met Maggie, my sister and BIL's new addition to the cat-family. My BIL was over at the recycling area earlier this week. He was getting ready to come home and there she was....a little white girl with tabby markings on her back and tail. He fed her some of the deli meat from his sandwich and she scarfed that down. He gave her some water and she drank everything. It's pretty obvious that she was kicked out of a house. So after being spayed and medicated from a bit of ringworm on her nose, she's living in the cage in their enclosed back porch. Once she's done with the ringworm meds and her nose heals, she'll go into the house. That takes them back to seven kibble-krunchers. And she's really a sweetie. At lunch, we were sitting on the porch and she enjoyed the chicken.

So today:
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher
  • Made my zucchini relish (got 11 pints from two batches), wiped the kitchen floor, vacuumed the floor, then Bona-ed the floor. It was sticky from the sugar and the vinegar and all that good stuff. I am not a clean cook by any stretch; I'm really quite messy.
  • I need to scoop the boxes, vacuum the rest of the house, and do a quick Swiffer
  • I'm working on the last of five small loads of laundry
  • Rick is working on conditioning bead board. When I'm done with my chores up here, I'll join him in the basement.
  • Going up to visit Rick's mom tonight
I wanted to can peaches this weekend, too, but spending Saturday with my sister and BIL kind of put the kibosh to that idea. Maybe next weekend.

BTW, that second shingles shot? Oy It was nasty. I ended up with flu-like symptoms all weekend (we expected that) and also got the headache from Hades. I was freezing to death last night and I actually slept with the electric blanket on High all night long. Every muscle in my body ached. I woke up this morning with the headache, but it seems to have dissipated now and I feel pretty good. I'm glad it's the last shot! There are no boosters or anything like that, so I'm done. Thankfully.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Many, many hugs for you. I am so very sorry about your baby. When Ms. Pepe passed away, one of the most difficult things I had to do was clean up. Wash the pillows and cases that only she used. Clean up the final amount of her fur on the carpet. Rick said that the first time he cleaned the litter box in the living room and didn't see her sleeping on the couch, he lost it. Those things that we take for granted can sometime be among the most difficult. I'm so sorry.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2 miles, and got ready for work. I had made snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, and peanut butter chocolate chunkers yesterday, and brought some cookies into work this morning.
There's really not much going on around here. We don't need anything for groceries this week, not even cat food, so we're not going to bother.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's kind of a dismal day today. Calling for showers and rain. Blah
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2 miles, and got ready for work
  • Laundry night tonight
  • Vacuum the living room and kitchen
I started watching the (new) Ghost Hunters on A & E last week. Grant Wilson is back with a new team. I'll have to watch another couple of episodes, I guess; so far, I'm not overly impressed. It's on tonight.

I watched the return of Good Eats on Food Network, first time in years that I watched anything on Food Network. I dearly love Alton Brown. I enjoy watching him because I enjoy his show and I can learn something. Those competition shows they show on Food Network now are simply ridiculous, IMO. I gave up. But now that AB is back, I'll watch him.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the return of Good Eats on Food Network, first time in years that I watched anything on Food Network. I dearly love Alton Brown. I enjoy watching him because I enjoy his show and I can learn something. Those competition shows they show on Food Network now are simply ridiculous, IMO. I gave up. But now that AB is back, I'll watch him.
I love Alton Brown. I watched the first episode of the Return of Good Eats.

I have to catch up on the 2nd one.

Yup, Have you noticed that all the ridiculous competition shows are just a different version of Chopped?

Chopped and the kids baking/cooking shows are my favorite.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Alton Brown. I watched the first episode of the Return of Good Eats.

I have to catch up on the 2nd one.

Yup, Have you noticed that all the ridiculous competition shows are just a different version of Chopped?

Chopped and the kids baking/cooking shows are my favorite.
I don't care for the shows copying chopped or for the kids version of chopped but I do enjoy watching chopped.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i'll make some cold sweetened tea -- now i have the new fridge (it's cooling down nicely now, almost 12 hours after being delivered). i'll move some things to the fridge to thaw, starting this afternoon. i'll also spend some time with my budget.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Sometimes it's the little things that make us lose it the most. It's really hard. I am thinking of you. :hugs: The other night, Mollipop was lying in Pepe's bed. I saw her and started to say, "Molli, what are you doing in Pepe's bed?" only to realize that it's now anybody's bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2.5 miles, and got ready for work
  • Must call the garage. The clutch went out in Clarence. I've been having trouble with it, seemed a little hard to switch gears. Well, last week, I went to leave work, and couldn't put it into any gear at all; the gearshift just swung (for lack of a better word) back and forth. Then it suddenly grabbed and I had gears again. Last night, we were taking Clarence down to Lowes and I had no gears again. Then it grabbed again, only to just start swinging. I got him home. I'll call the garage today for an appt and hope I can get him the 17 miles or so to the garage. I wasn't really counting on paying for a new clutch; the last one is only about 6 years old.
  • We didn't get laundry done last night, so if Rick doesn't get it done today, I'll do it tonight when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.