Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tidy up the kitchen. I started this morning, I just need to finish it.

Go out to dinner.

Go to a movie. There isn't anything playing we want to see that badly, but we don't get nights away often so we are taking advantage of it.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Listen to kids practice piano. We had to make up for a week of not practicing.

Trim the garden and water.

Truly the best tv shows on tonight. I am soooo excited!!!

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
- training session with each dog
-brought in more firewood
-played Hay Day for an inexcusable, nearly obscene, amount of time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Have stripped the bed down and the linens are now in the dryer

A quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen, followed a quick Swiffering in the living room

Wipe down the kitchen a bit

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Write up my February business newsletter.

Clean bathtub and bathroom sink.

re-do my nail polish (trying to break a decades long habit of chewing my nails by keeping pretty nailpolish on  - OPI's formaldehyde free Lincolnpark at Midnight rocks!
OPI's is very expensive here.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Went in and did a volunteer session in the local charity shop for the first time since Christmas.

Payed a visit to my brother and SiL and watched a bit of the ice skating and luge in the winter Olympics on their TV.

Did a pile of recycling.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making the final payment on my buffet layby today. Yay! Then I'm starting a layby on a coffee table.

Pick up some plants I ordered months ago. Dark blue delphiniums.

Vac and mop the whole house I hope.

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Volunteered at the Humane Society- gave some incoming cats much-needed grooms and baths and walked a couple dogs.

Drove back home and refilled/scooped all the litter boxes.

Made a delicious brunch of BLT toast points with Welsh rarebit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Get through my day and my planning commission meeting tonight

Go for a few groceries.....unless we decide that we're going to wait until Tuesday night instead. Rick is taking his mother for groceries tonight while I have my meeting. 

Shovel a bit in the driveway, not a lot, but we need to work on it again (that's why we may wait until Tuesday night for grocery shopping)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Spent an age hammering on the wall and then on the door of my neighbour trying to get them to stop drumming practice so I could hear myself think, and get through one of those voice activated automated phone call machines to deal with a wrong tax assessment, which resulted in other neighbours shouting at me about why I was making such a racket banging on someone's door.  

Spent ages on the phone finally dealing with said voice activated automated phone call to get my wrong tax code corrected to I might actually get to keep some of my tiny salary after the tax year changes in April.  

Still trying to calm down and relax after dealing with neighbours and tax office phone calls....  

Last edited:

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Spent an age hammering on the wall and then on the door of my neighbour trying to get them to stop drumming practice so I could hear myself think, and get through one of those voice activated automated phone call machines to deal with a wrong tax assessment, which resulted in other neighbours shouting at me about why I was making such a racket banging on someone's door.  

Spent ages on the phone finally dealing with said voice activated automated phone call to get my wrong tax code corrected to I might actually get to keep some of my tiny salary after the tax year changes in April.  

Still trying to calm down and relax after dealing with neighbours and tax office phone calls....  

My neighbor's son next door has a whole drum set complete with cymbals and all. Every day he does 2 hours of practicing while DH and I are quietly trying to get work done. It sure is irritating sometimes. My niece, who lives in London, had to correct her tax code as well after a series of automated phone calls. She was telling me the other day about the incessant calls and tax year changes. Hope everything gets done soon and the phone calls and complaining neighbors stop. 

Vacuumed/cleaned the house.

Did a couple loads of laundry.

Visited the grocery store and came out with a near-empty cart (the first time I've done so in a while!)- nothing that was out of stock yet. I believe I may have gone just to get some fresh air..

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Planted and watered 6 dark blue delphiniums. I've never grown them before so I'm excited to see what they look like.

Moved furniture and bits and pieces around my lounge room. I got a new coffee table yesterday and it makes the room so much cosier.

Information night at school tonight. Fold washing when I get home.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I love delphiniums, Tammat! Their color and shape is so pretty. They do not grow well here, so I have never tried. Your post reminds me that spring is coming and that cheered me considerably (even though we are supposed to get another giant snow storm here on Wednesday). I hope they turn out well for you! My three:
Cleaned the carpet where Sammy peed. :wife: I was a little late scooping today because I did not feeI well, and I guess the box conditions did not please Mr. Spoiled Rotten Kitty of Leisure.

More dog training (we are moving on to 'Stay' tomorrow)

Watched the Olympics

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the kind thoughts @GCat.  Today if the drumming starts again I will go out... (music student - and yes it's a FULL kit  
 )

@Tammat, I am another Delphinium fan and the dark blue is my favourite but I am hopeless with plants and never had success growing them... I'm better with cats :-)

Today I should:

Do some laundry  again.

Have a shower.

Play with Mouse. 

Busy day....

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I love delphiniums, too! I have trouble growing them, but they're beautiful flowers. My grandmother had some gorgeous blue ones.She had beautiful flower beds around her house.

I'd like to go the mall for some white mock turtleneck tops. (And I need a Valentine's card for dear Richard, too)

Two laundry loads: one of sweats and one of pants and shirts and dark socks (I don't know where all my socks went, but I can't seem to find many of them)

It's going to be an exercise night tonight 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Must buy toilet paper!! We only have one roll left in the house.
Grocery store
laundry

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have inconsiderate neighbours too. They have a 4 year old son who runs around screaming and banging on walls. They woke my daughter up from a nap yesterday and I almost went and yelled at them.

Today I have to:

-Clean the kitchen

-Return a couple of movies to the library

-Relax and play a video game while my daughter is napping

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to say my banging on doors to shut my drumming neighbour up woke up the 10 month old baby who lives up stairs on the other side of the block (they were slightly protected from the drumming that was right next to my living room).  
  Today I went out window shopping to avoid having to stay in and put up with the drumming or complain 2 days in a row. 
   I am going to have to ask him not to practice on my days off....

I managed to do my laundry and hang it up to dry, had my shower, and played with Mouse before I went out window shopping.  I also managed not to buy any of the clothes I tried on despite them being in a sale. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's going to be another hot day so I've been out to water the delphiniums. You guys have me so excited to see how pretty they are. I also finished cleaning the lounge room that I started two days ago- slack of me.

Baking toll house cookies. This is supposed to be the original recipe. I am thinking of all my American cat friends!!

Kids have piano and swimming lessons tonight. I need to come up with something for dinner.

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another load of laundry- the loads go ever on and on..

Spent an hour trying to find little CSI agent Bunny Rose, who had ended up somehow getting into the "locked" storage closet in the den. 

Was a little irritated by a neighbor who called me and told me that I had too many cats in my house... 

Status
Not open for further replies.