Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Another load of laundry- the loads go ever on and on..

Spent an hour trying to find little CSI agent Bunny Rose, who had ended up somehow getting into the "locked" storage closet in the den. 

Was a little irritated by a neighbor who called me and told me that I had too many cats in my house... 
LoL, CSI agent Bunny Rose sounds like a not quite ace kitective getting locked in the storage closet.... 

and if your cats are IN your house, how does your neighbour know how many you have and be able to form an opinion on how there are too many?  

Welcome fellow member of the never ending laundry club...

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

LoL, CSI agent Bunny Rose sounds like a not quite ace kitective getting locked in the storage closet.... 

and if your cats are IN your house, how does your neighbour know how many you have and be able to form an opinion on how there are too many?  

Welcome fellow member of the never ending laundry club...
Bunny Rose has some catching up to do when it comes to becoming a kitective. She’s still quite an amateur.

She’s been to my house on a few occasions in the past couple years, and she thinks I have 5 cats, because Baloo always hides under my bed when visitors come. And she still apparently assumes that I have this extravagant number of 5 cats. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Bunny Rose has some catching up to do when it comes to becoming a kitective. She’s still quite an amateur.

She’s been to my house on a few occasions in the past couple years, and she thinks I have 5 cats, because Baloo always hides under my bed when visitors come. And she still apparently assumes that I have this extravagant number of 5 cats. 
  I wonder what your neighbour would have to say to our many TCS people who would laugh at the mere 5 - now to known as the secret 6!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

A few years ago when the guys came to set up the elliptical, we had six cats (I think) at the time. The guys came back to the bedroom and started opening the cartons and putting the elliptical together. And, one by one, the cats started to appear. Finally, one of the men looked at me and said, "How many cats do you have anyway?" I told him there were six. He said that he only counted five. And I told him to look over under the bed....there was Miss Amber peeking out from behind a box of cookbooks I have stashed under there. He started laughing and then went out to the truck to get his allergy meds. He was allergic to cats. He didn't know we had any cats at all until they started working on the elliptical and the kids started coming out to su-purr-vise.

Amber is very skittish and she doesn't come out that often when we have people visiting. My son calls her The Phantom Kitty, because she will be 11 years old and he's only seen her three times.
Baking toll house cookies. This is supposed to be the original recipe. I am thinking of all my American cat friends!!

My mom always called them toll house cookies, too. Are you talking about the recipe on the back of the Nestle morsels bag? I love them. Save some for me, please.

Trash night tonight, so must clean the litter boxes

One load of laundry, just some whites and lights (and I may let it go til tomorrow night as Muffin was quite comfortable in the basket again this morning)

Need to do some union paperwork stuff for Rick (Somewhere along the line, I became his secretary)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going for a run this morning before it gets too hot.

I've got jobs to do up the street. Post office, bank, go see rude car repairer.

Washing. I've already hung out one load and there are two more to go.

Yes the recipe for the choc chip cookies is the nestle one. Yes I will save you some Pam. Everyone can have as many as they like. :)

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I wonder what your neighbour would have to say to our many TCS people who would laugh at the mere 5 - now to known as the secret 6!  
She’s not really much of a “cat-person”- she only has 1 cat (technically her husband’s) and she’s in her backyard most of the time. So naturally she thinks that I am some crazy cat lady, which I am.

Amber is very skittish and she doesn't come out that often when we have people visiting. My son calls her The Phantom Kitty, because she will be 11 years old and he's only seen her three times.
That should be Baloo’s nickname. Most of the time when I get back from errands or grocery shopping my kitties come out one by one, except for Baloo. Most of the time he’s snoozing under the bed and he really does look like a phantom camouflaged into that darkness except for the adorable white bib on his chest. 

Another load of laundry.

Went to go pick up a new foster doggy from the shelter (3 month old pit bull puppy). Kitties are wondering what’s that familiar and not-so-familiar smell behind the door to our guest bedroom (that’s where we’re keeping him for introductions temporarily).
Very cute though.

Had lunch with some friends and made the leftovers in a chicken casserole for dinner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The only thing we want to do is get through the day today. Seriously. Rick's mom called this morning at 1:00. The carbon monoxide detector started going off during the night and it scared his parents. So they called Rick to come and look through the house. In a snowstorm. 
 They also called the fire department. And First Alert, who then called me. The EMTs came to the house, too, as part of the call. They put Rick's mom into an ambulance to keep her warm while the house was being searched (nobody was allowed in the house until the firemen checked everything out). The firemen searched the house for any sign of fire or malfunction or anything and could find nothing wrong. They're thinking the detector malfunctioned, so we have to get them another detector. Needless to say, I was worried about Rick driving to their house and then driving back home because the roads were not good at all in the storm. He made it. Got home and we went back to bed. But we really didn't sleep much the rest of the night, other than a catnap or two. And then we got up early this morning so he could bring me into work and take my car on into his work. Roads are still not good. And the snow is still coming down.  Our weatherweenies are saying now 6 inches or so. It's going to be a long day.

And that's all I'm worried about. We're both pooped this morning. Going home, heating up dinner, and then working on cleaning out the driveway. Rick has to bowl early, but we're rather hoping bowling is postponed tonight due to the storm. Going to be an early night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that's awful Pam. I hope you can both get some rest later. At least it was nothing serious. :nod:

I think I will finish getting all of the tax information together and ready to go to the tax guy.
It looks like there will be shoveling to day
straighten the house a bit

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

The only thing we want to do is get through the day today. Seriously. Rick's mom called this morning at 1:00. The carbon monoxide detector started going off during the night and it scared his parents. So they called Rick to come and look through the house. In a snowstorm. 
 They also called the fire department. And First Alert, who then called me. The EMTs came to the house, too, as part of the call. They put Rick's mom into an ambulance to keep her warm while the house was being searched (nobody was allowed in the house until the firemen checked everything out). The firemen searched the house for any sign of fire or malfunction or anything and could find nothing wrong. They're thinking the detector malfunctioned, so we have to get them another detector. Needless to say, I was worried about Rick driving to their house and then driving back home because the roads were not good at all in the storm. He made it. Got home and we went back to bed. But we really didn't sleep much the rest of the night, other than a catnap or two. And then we got up early this morning so he could bring me into work and take my car on into his work. Roads are still not good. And the snow is still coming down.  Our weatherweenies are saying now 6 inches or so. It's going to be a long day.

And that's all I'm worried about. We're both pooped this morning. Going home, heating up dinner, and then working on cleaning out the driveway. Rick has to bowl early, but we're rather hoping bowling is postponed tonight due to the storm. Going to be an early night.
 The both of you should get some rest. At least everything is okay. Hope the snow gets a little better, too.

Went for a hike with new puppy- she's already a handful. I need to get back into the foster-dog mom mentality and take care of the six (without them becoming jealous) at the same time. 

Finish getting the tax stuff done. At least this year I'll have it done early.

Another load of laundry...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Not an easy night @Winchester, that would take some calming down after.  These alarms are great to have and do save lives but yeh, with the carbonmonoxide how would you know if it was a fault or something major!  Thankfully everyone safe for now.  I hope that is everything sorted.

No cute puppies to walk here so just walked the mile to my work and then home again.

Went in to a charity shop on my way home and found a quilt lined zip up suede jacket with fur cuffs and collar for under £20 and HAD to buy it.  It looks like new though obviously it isn't, well no oroginal price tag anyway.

Decided Mouse has definitely found a new strategy to stop me posting on TCS - he doesn't squirm about on the floor looking cute any more or chew my arm, he just walks up on to me and lets me wrap him in my arms so he cuddles in and purrs like crazy.  That of course makes it pretty impossible to move the mouse or type.  Nice one Mouse - my former 'I am not a lapcat I will not sit on you' cat.    It's a pain struggling to post but I hope this little habit last and lasts. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you had a good day Winchester and you are now tucked up in bed!!

My Day: Help out in my Mother in laws shop for the first half of the day.

Go home and tidy up a bit.

Nothing else planned except try to stay focused on healthy eating.
It's Valentines Day here today. I'm wishing you all a lovely day :)

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys! We will get them a new carbon detector on Saturday when we go to Lowes. I was in bed and sound asleep last night by 8:00. Rick said he came back at 9:00 and it was all he could do to find a spot in bed. I was smack-dab right in the center of the bed with Mollipop to the left of me and Muffin to the right. Tabby was sacked out above my head on the pillow. Boo and Pepe were curled up between my legs. And Amber Louise was curled up on Rick's pillow. All of us were fast asleep. He found some space and he said he was probably sound asleep as soon as his head touched Amber on the pillow. She didn't move either.

So tonight:

A load of white laundry

Errands: banking, Target, PetSmart

It's an exercise night (should have been last night, but I didn't)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Shovel out the driveway 

I'm working on laundry as I type

A bit of house cleaning (nothing major as I'm off work on Monday for Presidents' Day and I plan to do some major ripping through the house then)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Fill the bird feeders
Get shovels, snowblower, etc ready for tomorrow
laundry

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
No snow here, ust damp... we actually saw a bit of blue sky and sunshine today! 
   OK, it was around 6 degreed C, but it still made a nice change!

Walked to work and back , about 2 miles.

Had my first shot of driving a delivery van that has no rear view mirror - wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but getting in the right gears was a bit hard! 
  Hopefully it will get easier as that's how I'll spend a couple of hours most Saturdays while I'm in my current job.

Played with Mouse, throwing biscuits and laughing at him shaking his little refillable catnip frog to bits.  

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Sunday here.
Have a sleep in.

Fold some washing and probably wash some more.

Clean out the litter trays day today but I'll have to go buy some litter first.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a haircut

Got some groceries

Washed, folded and put away laundry

I was planning on doing some organizing today, but I'm exhausted.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nothing much on my agenda for this Sunday afternoon.

Clean out the litter boxes

A quick vacuum in the living room and kitchen

Bring some Winterberry boxes up from the basement to store some dishes (I have had it up to "here" with winter and that includes the Winterberry dishes. They need to go. Time to bring out some colorful and cheery Fiesta 

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Scoop and clean litter boxes. 

Another load of laundry.

Going to visit my mother-in-law and her cats. 

Status
Not open for further replies.