My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a cutie.

Well, if all I've been through wasn't enough, guess what?
I have a fever now! I mean, what the heck??
I started getting a headache when finishing up cleaning the big histoical house
Yesterday, & thought it was just the heat, etc..
Came home, took a shower, laid down w/ the cold pk on my back, & was getting
the chills, but thought it was just the cold pk, & having wet hair. It didnt stop, so I took
my temp. & It was 102! (It also had me going to the bathroom a lot, & was just like water!)
So, I've been taking Tylonol, drinking smart water, & ate some popcycles. It was down to 99. Something
this morning, so getting there. I mean talk about crazy!
For someone who rarely gets sick, this has been rediculous!!
Took 2 probiotics & some pepto for the other issue.
Man, I am SO over it. I tell you what, after ALL of this I should/ better be good fod a few years!! [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Hey, here's a question, do you guys think love'n on the kitty could have anything to do w/ making me sick??

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
no.

Remember germs hang around on door handles etc at the stores etc. It could have been picked up at any of your clients places-sometimes we are carriers for germs but nothing happens. Didn't you just get over a bizarre illness? I wonder if you need to :LAY DOWN and REST!!!!!!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, good. You just never know.

Yes, I did. I couldn't do anything but lay down & rest for 10 days!
That was one bad virus!! The dizziness was the worst!
No ones house i've been to this week was sick. Who knows whats going on. You'd think after having been on 2 anibiotics, I'd be good. Maybe my immune system wad still weak?
It's just crazy, because I normaly rarely ever get sick, & to now have been hit w/ all of this in such a short time....crazy!! [emoji]128550[/emoji]

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm happy to say as of my last temp taken, at 5:00 pm. My temp is down to 97.9.
Maybe it was just some of the virus still hanging around, although as soon as I felt better last week, I wiped down everything I could think of. The bathroom was cleaned amost everyday when I was sick, I wiped down w/ antibacterial wipes, remotes, phones, door knobs, 'fridge & freezer door handles, cabinet handles, etc... so maybe its just a little that was still in my system. ...??

Little calico girl came back today. (3rd day in a row) I wasn't up early, so didn't see her this morning ,
But she showed up around 5:00. She ate a whole 5.5 can of food, & drank some water!
I was so happy to see her drink water, because its been in the 90's here.
She hung around grooming for a bit, mayne 15 minutes or so, then went to the door to be let out.
Before feeding her I weighed her & she's 7 lbs.
So now I will know how much to give her when I go get a dewormer.
I took some pictures. She's still out there on the porch, so I put a bowl of water w/ an ice cube in it out there for her. I also think shes figured out its good bird watching up here. [emoji]128521[/emoji]
In the first pict. you can see how her sides sink in, dispite how much she eats.

Just took this pict. An hr. Later & shes still out there. :)

Last edited:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly,
Sorry to hear that you have been so ill. Yes, viruses can take awhile to truly get out of our systems. Glad to hear your fever has gone down. Hopefully, things will be okay now.
Also, sorry things didn't work out with your relationship. You will find someone. You are special though so you should have someone just as special.
I love that little calico kitty. She seems so hungry and also starved for attention. She seems so contented with you. I wish she was your kitty. You would live and spoil her like she deserves. She is just so cute!
Take Care Kelly!
Hope things continue to get better for you, especially your health.
Continue to help the little calico kitty.
I truly believe she needs you!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys. I am so glad I'm feeling better too, that was just crazy!!
Yes, baby girl is a sweet kitty. You can tell shes not handled much, because she doesnt like to be.
She is definitely miss independant. She stayed out on the porch for a good hour after eating.
This is another picture I took of her.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so adorable! I am glad you will be deworming her. I think she is coming to see how very special you are. She feels safe with you. You don't go making demands on her and she seems to love your company. I am so glad she is coming around more. Keep feeding her. She will know a good thing and keep coming back. Sweet cat!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so adorable! I am glad you will be deworming her. I think she is coming to see how very special you are. She feels safe with you. You don't go making demands on her and she seems to love your company. I am so glad she is coming around more. Keep feeding her. She will know a good thing and keep coming back. Sweet cat!

Thanks! She is a cutie. I don't know about her liking my company, she doesn't like to be fussed with at all. I think she knows she can get good food here, since I feed her wet food.
She hasn't stayed & played since those first pictures of her playing. She's so independant. When you pick her up, shes like "put me dooown." She showed up today at 11:20 am. I wanted her to stay in as long as I could get her to, because the heat index has been high lately. So I gave her a can of food in thirds, to stretch it out longer. She ate the first, then I let her be, & she groomed a bit, then I gave her more. She finished & started exploring the kitchen more, jumping up on the washer. A little while later, I gave her the rest. I even tried to get her to play.
She jumped for the mouse on the string/wand toy, but only a couple of times
She was too busy grooming after eating. She finally wanted out, so I put a bowl of water w/ ice in it out there w/her, but she left. All in all she stayed on for 45 minutes, so not bad.

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love seeing her perched there on top of the washer. 

I'm glad you're feeling better, Kelly. I have three bottles of the homeopathic remedy "Nux Vomica" at work, in my purse, and at home for anytime I'm feeling yucky. I couldn't do without it!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Its so good to be finally feeling better!
That was the worst ever!! Yep, I rember that one & have taken it too. Now, just waiting for the antibiotics to get out of my sysyem. They are still making my G.I. trac sensitive.
I'll be glad when it all settles down. Hopefully not too much longer. My sister said they can stay in your sysyem for a couple of weeks. Friday was a week since I finishef them up.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, Thought I'd do a little catching up today.   Yesterday would have been Angel's 7th "gotcha day" with me, which I also appointed as his birthday, since I had no idea when his actually was. He would have been 13.  I am doing fine. Not sad at all.  

Today was a good kitty day. I was cleaning at the house that has a retriever (Max), & an orange kitty. (Stinky).

He was a sleepy boy today. I tried to wait as long as I could before vacuuming, but when I did, off he went.

He is such a sweet boy with a tiny meow. 
Then this evening, Miss calico came by for  little din, din. she ate about 3/4 a can of turkey shreds. She is still a little thin. I took a picture of her from above, at the door before she went back out so you can see. I guess she's not too bad since she is still young, & is outside a lot, but I think I am still going to pick up a dewormer for her. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks. 

*OH, I forgot the best part! She finally has a nice new collar, & a rabies tag!!  No vet on it, so must have just been done at one of the clinics that pet stores have sometimes, but glad she finally has it! 

Then, after she ate, she went down in the yard, in front of the garden & was rolling around like a silly girl, & then grooming.

I got some good pictures of her.

The last one, i think she was looking up at one of the sunflowers. I wish it was a little clearer, but oh well.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks Eric. .....or as Angel would say, "uncle Eric.". [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Yes, between Stinky & the little Calico girl, I think I gave about 5 kitty kisses today! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love those pictures! She is so regal looking!

Sorry about the anniversary date. Sorry that your health is still bothering you- sending you healing vibes!

Your grass looks much better than mine does. we are in a moderate to severe drought. we didn't get enough snow to fill the wells. so the towns are asking people to conserve water. I hope we get some rain soon. i hate droughts. there have been brush fires from people being stupid with their cigarettes etc.

Keep going girl-you got this!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i love those pictures! She is so regal looking!

Sorry about the anniversary date. Sorry that your health is still bothering you- sending you healing vibes!

Your grass looks much better than mine does. we are in a moderate to severe drought. we didn't get enough snow to fill the wells. so the towns are asking people to conserve water. I hope we get some rain soon. i hate droughts. there have been brush fires from people being stupid with their cigarettes etc.

Keep going girl-you got this!
Thanks!  She definitely has that calico sassiness!  

Oh, you must have read the post from 2 weeks ago. I've been better for almost two weeks now. Thank goodness!!  That was hell!

We've gotten some of those short surprise summer showers here & there, but it's been a while now. It does need to rain. The garden needs it.  

I wasn't sad about Angel's "gotcha/ birthday."  Of course I wish we would have had much more than 6 & 1/2 yrs together, but I was OK.  So hard to believe Aug. 5th will be 6 months already!  

Time does fly the older we get.  Hard to believe I will be 47 next month!! 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks!  She definitely has that calico sassiness!  

Oh, you must have read the post from 2 weeks ago. I've been better for almost two weeks now. Thank goodness!!  That was hell!

We've gotten some of those short surprise summer showers here & there, but it's been a while now. It does need to rain. The garden needs it.  

I wasn't sad about Angel's "gotcha/ birthday."  Of course I wish we would have had much more than 6 & 1/2 yrs together, but I was OK.  So hard to believe Aug. 5th will be 6 months already!  

Time does fly the older we get.  Hard to believe I will be 47 next month!! 
Those 6 1/2 years were packed with so much love and friendship- more than some people experience in a lifetime. He's still watching over you with lots and lots of love. I'm sure he's very proud of how well you are doing and he sent you a little friend to keep you company now and then. She's a precious little thing.

You don't look a day over 27. Go you!