My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
floey and honeybee hate being brushed. floey has matted fur and still didn't get it all so i was just working on combing them out-i didn't want her to shave as short and i should have shut up. the cats get so stressed out. i know its normal but i just need more experience as they were feeding off my anxiety. honeybee got the shortest haircut due to her changing to the shorter comb-i should have had her redo floey but floey was biting and hissing-shes ok for her back but the legs and tail is another story. tonight i combed some more and floey growled and hissed-she is my resident grumpy cat-she is always hissing. she nipped me gently to tell me she had enough-we got about 7 min of brushing/combing in-so i think she did really well. i just gave her catnip on a nice smooth cool pillowcase-she likes to lay on cool surfaces-and its easier to clean up the mess this way rather than on the carpet. honeybee looks like a rat. but she and floey pant in the heat. so its imperative i keep them cool with their respiratory issues-honeybee asthma and floey early heart disease, so i try to make sure they are comfy. if they are cold they will cuddle...one of the reasons i like the fur short-more snuggle time!

hope u have a good night

right now she is sleeping by my feet laying in a mess of catnip-guess she isnt too mad at me.
Oh, ok, gotcha! ...& yes, more snuggle time IS always good!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Kelly,
         This is wonderful news! I am so happy that you have found a great guy. He is an animal lover also, and that makes it terrific. I am glad that the Calico girl is now eating  when she visits. I am so sure that Angel has had a hand in this. He wants you to be happy. Congrats again. Those flowers that Mom left are gorgeous. Keep us informed as to how things are progressing. I am so glad for you.
Thank you!! Yes, it is really nice! Yup, i'm sure Angel had a paw in it too. ;)

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Kelly,

What beautiful flowers,and that tribute to Angel got to me all over again. He was so special,and he sees what forever love means. I hope the cali girl will visit soon.Please keep updating on your new boyfriend, he sounds wonderful.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

As you can see from those last two, they were after that full belly! She laid there like that with her eyes closed, head up for some time. So I sat there & was humming to her, "go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep my little baby.." It has been raining off & on, so I was glad she was up here. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
I keep hoping she'll come by when my boyfriend is here, ("did I just say boyfriend?...yup![emoji]128522[/emoji]lol) Can check her over.

Well, that's the catch up for now. [emoji]128512[/emoji]
Give that beautiful Honeybee a bunch of kisses from me!! [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Kelly , I just came to the thread to see how you were. I'm so happy for you.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Thanks so much you guys. :)
Yes, hopefully I will see the little cali girl soon. I am always looking out the door for her.
Lol! Yes, I will keep you posted on the new boyfriend. ;)
He really is sweet. We usually always hang out on Saturday nights,
But last night he told me his best friend may be coming over to his house for their
Guys night they have sometimes. So he said he'd come over Thursday & Friday night
to make it Up to me. :D .....can't complain about that!;)

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you're getting a good deal there @Angels mommy  .  

Hope that little cali girl is getting fed at home and that she comes to see you real soon so you can ruffle her fur and feed her extra nibbles.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you're getting a good deal there @Angels mommy
 .  :nod:

Hope that little cali girl is getting fed at home and that she comes to see you real soon so you can ruffle her fur and feed her extra nibbles.  :vibes:
Hahahaha! Yes, I think I am getting a good deal there. [emoji]128077[/emoji]
.....and a good guy. :)
Yes, it's also been raining a lot, so hopefully little cali girl has been inside more! ;) I saw her from a distance this morning, by her house, so I know she's ok.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear you are in a good place, Kelly.  
  As long as he likes cats and treats you well, I approve! 

I also like what you made for Angel...very sweet.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear you are in a good place, Kelly.   :hugs:   As long as he likes cats and treats you well, I approve!  :winkblue:

I also like what you made for Angel...very sweet.
Aww, thanks Nicole. Yes, he's a good guy, & definitely likes cats, he has two. He also worked at a large animal hospital for 15 years. (By the time he left, he was even assisting in surgeries).[emoji]128522[/emoji]

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's a lovely tribute to Angel. I know he's pleased. My only suggestion is to put it in plastic so it won't get wet or damaged.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well look who stopped by for breakfast today. [emoji]128568[/emoji]
Tomorrow would have been one week ago, since she was here last.
She ate 1/2 of a small 3 oz can & was at the door ready to go back out.
Then, I went out & sat on the porch with her for the few minutes she hung around, before she was on her way again.

Smelling the birdies here,

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
    I hope you enjoyed your visitation.  She is such a pretty little thing, and obviously knows she has you wrapped around her little paws.  

Is it me or is she looking slightly healthier and filled out than those last photographs?  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo:     I hope you enjoyed your visitation.  She is such a pretty little thing, and obviously knows she has you wrapped around her little paws.  :heart3:

Is it me or is she looking slightly healthier and filled out than those last photographs?  
Yes, its nice to get little visits from her. :D You can tell she's still very young, or maybe its just her calico sassiness, or the fact that she probably isn't handled very much, because when I pick her up, she squirms to get down. So I give her a quick, unwanted, I'm sure little kiss, & put her down. :lol3:
"She's a sassy girl!" [emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]
Yes, she has filled out a little bit. I started feeding her anytime she visits, no matter how late in the day. She needed more food on her, & I was going to make sure she got it!
I think my new BF is also going to bring me a bunch of little sample bags of good quality treats from his store too. ;)

I started keeping track on my calendar (just out of curiosity) when she comes, but there has been no pattern. Once it was two weeks apart, then over two weeks, then two days in a row, & this time one day short of a week. So :dk:

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that's so sweet of you to feed the neighbor's kitty. I'll bet that she really enjoys her visits. There must have been a vibe around your house that said, "A good kitty mama lives here," and so that's how she knew to come get food and attention from you.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that's so sweet of you to feed the neighbor's kitty. I'll bet that she really enjoys her visits. There must have been a vibe around your house that said, "A good kitty mama lives here," and so that's how she knew to come get food and attention from you.
Aww, thank you. Yes, if you look back at some of my first pictures of her, she was pretty skinny.
I think she is only getting fed once a day, & shs's young, so should be eating much more.
I was hesitant to feed her at first, because I knew she had a home, but finally said, forget it, shes too skinny, & only about a yr old.....I think. Not sure of her age. So now, anytime she shows up, I feed her. ;)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
She is looking much healthier now @Angels mommy   
 .   I reckon it's that sassiness of hers that is telling her not to get in to a routine with you so you stay on your toes.