My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you doing?

Hi! Thanks so much for checking in with me. I've been meaning to post an update, but I've been so busy.
I have been doing pretty good. There have been only a couple of times that I've gotten sad again, missing Angel, but as to be expected. Especially if I'm more emotional those days when I'm tired & or stressed.
*Kinda big news, ...I've actually started dating someone! [emoji]128512[/emoji] Big news because it's been almost 7 years since I've had anyone in my life like that. Funny, he's the total opposit of my normal type. He's a skinny white guy. :lol3:. He works at the natural pet food store, where I used to buy Angel's food. So, we've actually known each other that way for about 3 years. Before he was there, (the last 3 yrs), he worked at one of the biggest animal hospitals in town for 15 years! I just decided one day, I would call him, & ask if he wanted to come hang out. (In my attempt to make some new friends, now that I was here, alone). I made my homeade pizza, we talked, & talked, & talked, & the rest is history. That was mid April, so it's been about a month & 1/2. It's really nice to have someone in my life again. He is a very sweet, nice guy. I think part of it, is that we speak the same language, so to speak. Between him having worked at an animal hospital for 15 yrs, & w/ my chiropractic & massage therapy background, along w/ simular sense of humors. Its great! [emoji]128522[/emoji] It's especially nice to be with another animal lover! He has two older kitties that he's had since they were born, (11 & 13) & lost his dog about a year ago. (I don't know if it was cancer too, or what).
SO, things have been much better for me. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Also, little miss calico neighbor kitty still comes to visit here & there.
I funally did start feeding her when she does come. I think I posted about that.
It was about a few wks ago. I'm glad I did. She is usually pretty hungry when she eats.
She still only shows up every week or two, then sometimes has come two days in a row, then I don't see her for a while. Last week she was here Tues. & Wends. Boy was she hungry! She ate 3/4 of a 5.5 oz can she had left, & then 2/3 of a small 3 oz can!! I didn't care if she didn't eat at home that night. She was hungry, & probably only gets dry there anyway.
Oh, & Iam still no where ready for a new baby.

Here are some pictures of her. [emoji]128571[/emoji]

As you can see from those last two, they were after that full belly! She laid there like that with her eyes closed, head up for some time. So I sat there & was humming to her, "go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep my little baby.." It has been raining off & on, so I was glad she was up here. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
I keep hoping she'll come by when my boyfriend is here, ("did I just say boyfriend?...yup![emoji]128522[/emoji]lol) Can check her over.

Well, that's the catch up for now. [emoji]128512[/emoji]
Give that beautiful Honeybee a bunch of kisses from me!! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What a great update!  I'm so glad to hear that you have someone in your life.  He actually sounds pretty wonderful.  
    And that little calico girl is cute as a button.  Sometimes I wonder if Angel sent her to you - she seems to be exactly what you need right now.  

little cutie66

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh what great news!! So happy for you! This all happened at a perfect time. Maybe angel sent the boyfriend and little kitty to you. It sounds very special. :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great update!  I'm so glad to hear that you have someone in your life.  He actually sounds pretty wonderful.  :nod:     And that little calico girl is cute as a button.  Sometimes I wonder if Angel sent her to you - she seems to be exactly what you need right now.  :rub:

Awww, thanks Margd, yes, I agree. A little kitty fix, w/o the commitment. [emoji]128521[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji]
....and, yes. He is. He makes me smile & laugh a lot. [emoji]128512[/emoji]

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly I am so happy for you, it sounds like some good things are happening to you. I wouldn't put it  pass Angel as being the architect of these good things. He loved you so much and would want you to be happy 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what great news!! So happy for you! This all happened at a perfect time. Maybe angel sent the boyfriend and little kitty to you. It sounds very special. :)
Kelly I am so happy for you, it sounds like some good things are happening to you. I wouldn't put it  pass Angel as being the architect of these good things. He loved you so much and would want you to be happy 
Thanks so much you guys! Yes, I wouldn't doubt it, if Angel had a paw in it. [emoji]128568[/emoji]
I also came home to.this today.

My mom stopped by & left them. They are all from her bushes. (2 of which I had bought her some.yrs back) She knows I love them! So it made my day, they are so beautiful! I have a vase by the urn, & one in my room by Angel's picture. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
I tried to clip a couple of small ones from the one I bought for Angel, but they are just too small yet, because they wilted in just a couple of days.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly,
Glad things are going well for you.
You sound happy and I am happy for you.
Your new boyfriend sounds special.
I am glad for you, you deserve someone special in your life.
The little calico kitty is so precious looking. I would want to hug him all day!
You also have a very thoughtful and special mom. For that, you are truly lucky!
Hope things continue to go well for you.
Angel is watching you and smiling from above.
He is happy and contented, knowing that you now seem happy.
It is all he wants for you.
You always took care of him and made him happy.
He now wants to do the same for you, and I am sure he is.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly,
Glad things are going well for you.
You sound happy and I am happy for you.
Your new boyfriend sounds special.
I am glad for you, you deserve someone special in your life.
The little calico kitty is so precious looking. I would want to hug him all day!
You also have a very thoughtful and special mom. For that, you are truly lucky!
Hope things continue to go well for you.
Angel is watching you and smiling from above.
He is happy and contented, knowing that you now seem happy.
It is all he wants for you.
You always took care of him and made him happy.
He now wants to do the same for you, and I am sure he is.
Awww, thank you so much! Yes, my mom is special. [emoji]128519[/emoji]
As for the little calico girl, (all calico's are girls[emoji]128521[/emoji]), it is nice to have her around, even if it's only once & a while. .....and yes, I think maybe Angel had a paw in guiding her here to me. "If you're hungry, my mommy will feed you, & play with you." [emoji]128568[/emoji]
It is nice to have someone in my life again. It had been too long!

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I am so glad things are going well. I think its great that you have a new buddy to hang out with. I hope it works out. I always felt we shouldn't be alone too long.

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day. we get the girls hair cut and honeybee Is a SPAZZ at the groomers. So I hope I keep my wits about me and don't get too upset at the cats-trying to practice my zen.

Thanks for checking in-and lastly-that little cat looks like she needs all the help as far as nutrition. I think its funny how she only comes over 2 times a week. silly kitty.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad things are going well. I think its great that you have a new buddy to hang out with. I hope it works out. I always felt we shouldn't be alone too long.

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day. we get the girls hair cut and honeybee Is a SPAZZ at the groomers. So I hope I keep my wits about me and don't get too upset at the cats-trying to practice my zen.

Thanks for checking in-and lastly-that little cat looks like she needs all the help as far as nutrition. I think its funny how she only comes over 2 times a week. silly kitty.

Thank you! Thank you for checking in with me. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Yes, over six years was too long for no regular male companionship. [emoji]128521[/emoji]
But, Angel was my priority, so it kind of makes sence. Because he would be home alone while I was gone to work, & would have felt guilty coming home only for a short time, & then leaving him again for hours, so as we know, timing is everything. Although my new boyfriend has two older kitties, they have eachother. So they are ok when he is at my place.

As far as the little cali girl, she doesn't always come twice a week. Sometimes only once in a two week span. It varries so much, there isn't really a pattern. I started writting down on the calender when she comes, to see if adventually there is a pattern. It could just have to do with if her people are home or not, if she's hungry, etc... I don't know.

Aww, poor Honeybee. Is she getting shaved just because of the heat? Her coat is so pretty.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news. Two new friends. I'm really happy for you Kelly.
Hugs.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You did have male companionship, but of the feline kind, for 6-1/2 years. As I said to you in my texts, Angel sent Miss Calico to you, and is also running a matchmaking service. He was successful his first time out. After being devoted to him for so long, he returned the favor by sending you your boyfriend.

Angel is happy for you (a high-four, since he has no thumbs), and so am I. Now someone can be devoted to you.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did have male companionship, but of the feline kind, for 6-1/2 years. As I said to you in my texts, Angel sent Miss Calico to you, and is also running a matchmaking service. He was successful his first time out. After being devoted to him for so long, he returned the favor by sending you your boyfriend.

Angel is happy for you (a high-four, since he has no thumbs), and so am I. Now someone can be devoted to you.
:lol3: Thanks Miki, well said. I think my little Angel is busy up there! :angel:
.....and I am thankful. :)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
floey and honeybee hate being brushed. floey has matted fur and still didn't get it all so i was just working on combing them out-i didn't want her to shave as short and i should have shut up. the cats get so stressed out. i know its normal but i just need more experience as they were feeding off my anxiety. honeybee got the shortest haircut due to her changing to the shorter comb-i should have had her redo floey but floey was biting and hissing-shes ok for her back but the legs and tail is another story. tonight i combed some more and floey growled and hissed-she is my resident grumpy cat-she is always hissing. she nipped me gently to tell me she had enough-we got about 7 min of brushing/combing in-so i think she did really well. i just gave her catnip on a nice smooth cool pillowcase-she likes to lay on cool surfaces-and its easier to clean up the mess this way rather than on the carpet. honeybee looks like a rat. but she and floey pant in the heat. so its imperative i keep them cool with their respiratory issues-honeybee asthma and floey early heart disease, so i try to make sure they are comfy. if they are cold they will cuddle...one of the reasons i like the fur short-more snuggle time!

hope u have a good night

right now she is sleeping by my feet laying in a mess of catnip-guess she isnt too mad at me.

Last edited:

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Kelly,

This is wonderful news! I am so happy that you have found a great guy. He is an animal lover also, and that makes it terrific. I am glad that the Calico girl is now eating  when she visits. I am so sure that Angel has had a hand in this. He wants you to be happy. Congrats again. Those flowers that Mom left are gorgeous. Keep us informed as to how things are progressing. I am so glad for you.