My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As many of you know by now, my sweet, sweet boy crossed the Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning.  

Later in the afternoon, my dad came over to bring my mom's charger, & this is what he brought me,

Mom & I went for a walk this morning, before she left, & I picked these. They are sitting in the middle of

some cards a good friend sent me. a get well card for Angel, & a Valentine's card "From" Angel. She always does great

stuff like that, sending me Birthday , Mother's day cards, etc.. "from Angel."  So I was meant to get it in the mail yesterday.

It made me cry.

And I put this, by his picture that is in my room.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
 Just sent you a PM, Kelly, letting you know I was thinking of you, only to find this beautiful post from you.  The last photos of Angel are very sweet, but very sad.  The sorrow in your eyes is heartbreaking and he looks like he is already dreaming of good times to come at the bridge.  I'm so glad to know you will stay a part of the community - we would all miss you so much if you were to leave.  I hope some day, when you are ready, the universe sends you another amazing kitty, just like it sent you Angel.  You are the most terrific  cat mommy, so loving and so devoted - tireless in your care for your baby.  For now, I hope that Angel visits you in your dreams.  

RIP DEAR ANGEL!!!   

((((HUGS))))  Kelly  ((((Hugs))))

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss.  I woke up this morning and before I even got out of bed I got choked up about Angel.  I know you did the perfectly right thing for him.  I hope you can find comfort on this board and all the people who love you and Angel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For Angel a very special kitty, you will be missed by so many 

Thank You Eric.  

I also forgot to tell you guys that the vet told me that the people who do the cremation, also do the plaster paw print, (which I was going to ask about)  And a lock of hair. I did cut a couple Thursday night, as someone suggested, but will be nice, & they also do a death certificate. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just sent you a PM, Kelly, letting you know I was thinking of you, only to find this beautiful post from you.  The last photos of Angel are very sweet, but very sad.  The sorrow in your eyes is heartbreaking and he looks like he is already dreaming of good times to come at the bridge.  I'm so glad to know you will stay a part of the community - we would all miss you so much if you were to leave.  I hope some day, when you are ready, the universe sends you another amazing kitty, just like it sent you Angel.  You are the most terrific  cat mommy, so loving and so devoted - tireless in your care for your baby.  For now, I hope that Angel visits you in your dreams.  

RIP DEAR ANGEL!!!   

((((HUGS))))  Kelly  ((((Hugs))))

So sorry for your loss.  I woke up this morning and before I even got out of bed I got choked up about Angel.  I know you did the perfectly right thing for him.  I hope you can find comfort on this board and all the people who love you and Angel.
 Thank you both so much. Yes, I finally got to read through all of the post since I was last on, but have yet to get to the PM's. If not later, that may be a tomorrow thing. I had a friend stop by, & mom & dad called to see how I was doing.   I think I opened my computer at 1:00 this afternoon, & it's now 5:40, so except for my friends visit, been on a while. 

Thank you for your post, & yes, I know the pictures were sad.  I of course had been balling my eyes out!
    Yes, I hope I get a visit from Angel as well. 

Of couse I will be here, you guys have all been here so much, & so many times for me! I will help anyone I can with all the knowledge I have learned here, & at the vets.  Just like three years ago when Angel has cystitis, I never, ever thought I'd be able to stick a big needle in my baby to give fluids, but I did! You do what you have to do, because they're your baby! ........and we had to keep that bladder flushed out, so we did! 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
You will treasure those last photos in a way you don't understand yet. Each time you touch them you will be able to remember every inch of his precious body. For that scary moment when you don't think you can remember him that will be a touchstone

I am so sorry you and Angel lost this fight. I am so glad for your mother staying and helping you and for understanding.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you lost Angel, but you made the best decision for him. My heart is breaking for you. You were a tireless and loving cat mom. Someday the pain will hurt less, and you will find room in your heart for another kitty. Hugs.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly I think everyone is emotionally spent today. I cried as hard for Angel yesterday as I've ever cried for Kitten. I've cried like that for Lucky, Donuttes little boy.  I could feel yours and hers connection so clearly to Angel and Lucky. It has been profoundly helpful to me to know her and Lucky's story as it has been to follow Angel because we were all so sure he was going to win one for the good guys.

There is no joy in company like this. There is great comfort in knowing you are not alone and someone really understands how you feel.  I will never forget Angel because of your determination to fight for his life. I will remember your journey always. Not for the bitter end. But for how much you loved each other and that bond we all want with our pets.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.
I have gotten so used to seeing you and your boy around the community. I'm so glad that you'll stick around. I really do hope that you find it in yourself one day to give such care to another cat in need. I suspect you'll be sent another to care for in good time. 

I know it must have taken a lot to let Angel go. I am so glad that you chose to let it happen on Friday rather than waiting longer. He is now at peace and is free to spread the wings we always knew he had.
 You did such a great job caring for him and making sure that he had every chance at life. It is heartbreaking to have to say goodbye so soon especially when you tried so hard. 

Rest in peace Angel darling. I know you've many wonderful friends to meet across the bridge. 
  There are many past TCS kitties waiting there.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly,

I'm truly sorry for your loss! I've been following your thread and am truly heart broken for you! I hope you don't mind that I used one of your pics to make this... You and Angel have touched so many people's lives and I just wanted to send you some love.

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking for you, I have not cried this much since I lost my dog Abby in 2013.

My cat Peaches who is not one to give loves very often has been snuggling in bed with me every night this week and I was telling her all about Angel and how we needed to pray he would pull through this. Last night she got in bed with me again and I was crying and talking to her about Angel. She was also getting in bed with me in the early morning hours before my alarm would go off all this week. Like I said she is not a very loving cat but I like to think she wanted to pray with me and listen to me talk about Angel.

Thank you for sharing your journey with Angel so that we could all get to know and love him.

RIP sweet Angel
  you will be missed but never forgotten.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those pictures of you and your sweet Angel are beautiful and show how much love there is between you. That love will always be there. He will take yours with him and leave his with you. You gave him so much, he was such a lucky kitty to have had such a wonderful life full of love and friendship.

You need to take care of yourself now. It's very easy to forget to do this when you are grieving. Angel will never forget how hard you tried to help him get well. I'm sure that just having you there to comfort and love him was a big part of how he was able to fight it as long as he did. I wish that every cat on earth could have a mom like you. It would be a great world that's for sure.

I agree that waiting before considering to bring another cat into your home and your heart is a good idea. I'm sure that you will eventually. We all do. The right one will find it's way to you when the time is right and I have no doubt that Angel will have something to do with it. A whisper into a cat or kitten's ear- "hey- see her? she's an amazing mom. go introduce yourself!!"

I'm glad that you'll still be around. We're all here for you

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It touches my heart to see the photos you posted Kelly. You and Angel had an amazing bond with each other. It's so evident you have a good circle of support around you to help your heart heal; from us here to your own family and friends at home.  

I too, like many others here, found myself tearing up each time I thought about the decision you were facing. Angel's passing touched me deeply for many reasons, one of which is he looks so much like our Casper.  Out of all sad things in life, the one I have no experience with is the loss of a pet.  Yet.  I dread the day we have to face up to that.  Seeing and hearing how you handled everything Angel went through is inspirational to me; the level of commitment you have shown is to be commended.  In a world where people give up too quickly (for all kinds of things) you managed to strike the right balance between doing everything possible to give Angel a healthy life and then knowing in your heart the right time to say goodbye.  

Laurie

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of dear Angel; you and he both fought so hard- this was honestlly one time when I thought for sure he would kick cancer's butt! No one could have showed more strength than you did, my heart just breaks for you having to say goodbye to him. you will be in our hearts and prayers.

Fly FreeSweet Angel and land softly- You were so loved

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry that Angel lost his battle with cancer.

He's always been one of my favourite cats on TCS. I loved reading the story of how you met, you two were meant for each other. With your lovely red hair and Angel's beautiful orange tabby fur you were a match made in heaven.

It's never long enough, all we can do is love them while they are here and cherish every memory when they are gone.

Rest in Peace sweet Angel, you will be missed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kelly, I am so sorry. 

You did everything you possibly could for that boy and he knew how much you loved him. It's so difficult to say goodbye, but you tried. You really tried. And he's still here, he's in your heart. You'll never forget your boy. Never.