My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I can sure understand about the expense. Yes, prices are so much higher in the summer. My husband would like to go visit his family, but the air fares are so high at this time of year. He is not sure if he can go right now.
Hope you can get away sometime again.
Have you seen your little calico kitty?
She is just so adorable and obviously is comfortable around you. Smart kitty!!
Thanks! Yes, I understand that too
I have a good friend that moved away about 6 yrs ago I'd love to go see. Airfare is high.it can be expensive, especially factoring in the flight plus having some spending money when you get there, etc...
Yes, hopefully I'll get to get away again, & for longer next time .
I hope your husband gets to go see his family.
It's always good to check those websites that compare prices, or let you know when they go down, etc..
Also, if you guys have auto AAA, there may be some discounts there too. [emoji]128521[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji]

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes, I have seen miss calico. She's come by almost every day since sat. She wasn't interested in food the last two times, so maybe she is eating more at home now, so that's good. Or it's the heat. It's still been in the 90's here & high humidity!
I'm fact, I've sadly gained back a little of the weight I lost when I was sick. I was also doing so good walking about twice a wk, but in this humidity, "forgetta bout it!!"But, once it cools down again, I'll be back on it!

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:sweat: It's hot, no doubt! I will be so glad when it cools off so I can get walking again. I've gained some of the weight back that I lost when I was sick. It's just way to hot to be out there though, especially with our humidity! It's rediculous!
This weekend sure isn't going to help either. Sunday is my birthday, so there will be cake!!! .....& Whatever other things I eat this weekend :lol3: I do have my free birthday burger (only turkey for me) from Ruby Tuesdays, so I'm sure I'll get that sometime.
[emoji]128521[/emoji]

How have you been doing? How are the other kitties?

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good evening my friends. Well, as some of you may remember, today marks one year that my sweet boy has been gone.  

I had a friend here visiting his parents this weekend, so that was a nice distraction. He took me out to dinner and drinks last night, so that was really nice.

It was nice to get a little dressed up for a change, go downtown & enjoy some good food, good conversation, & it was nice to relax with a couple of drinks too!

This afternoon we went to Trader Joe's and got some flowers in memory of Angel. That's something I really wanted to do.

I actually have not done too bad today. I did have a little cry this morning thinking about it, and a little bit when I got home with the flowers, but so far, that's all.

I can hardly believe it's been a year already. It feels like it went by so fast!  Where did the time go?!  

I know because of having Samy now, is why I am doing better than I thought I'd be. I certainly didn't expect her, but am glad she's here. 

I also want to thank everyone here again for being there for me...always.  

It was a long journey, but I know that my baby is "home" now, & he is free of his sick body.  I am sad he is not physically here with me any longer, but I know he is no longer suffering, and for that I am glad. He will always be my "soul kitty."

He truly was a special boy.

Here are the flowers I got today. They were too tall to put on the shelf with the urn, so I put them on a table, & of course some in my room, by his picture.

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... it is hard to believe it's already been a year. It felt like the year since Lucky died took forever to go by.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember this day with a very heavy heart, RIP sweet Angel your mommy will love you forever. Thank you from bringing her Sammy. 

For Angel 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
A year already?  That really was such a dreadful time - so much hope at first, followed by the realization that he wouldn't make it.  A heartbreaking anniversary.  I'm so glad that Sammy is there to offer you comfort.  

The flowers are beautiful next to Angel's sweet portrait.  

[emoji]127799[/emoji][emoji]127799[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]127799[/emoji][emoji]127799[/emoji]

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank all of you so much. I know, it did really go by fast!
So hard to believe.
Tonight when I was loving on Sammy, I thanked her for filling the empty space left in my heart after Angel left. [emoji]128157[/emoji]
I wasn't ready, but it really has helped having her.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yea, i also wrote another poem on the 1st.
I will post it here when I'm back on the computer. (Just on my phone now).
I did put it ony poetry thread though.
Off to bed for now. It's after 11:00, & it was a busy weekend.
I am tired! I hope I sleep well tonight.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly, I along with everyone else here remembered Angel today. Yes, the time goes by so fast. However, the pain over losing such a special kitty lingers on forever. I am happy that you have Sammy to help your heart heal. Yes, a new kitty helps us so much. I just know that Angel sent Sammy to help you deal with his loss. You and Sammy needed each other, and Angel helped make that happen.
Here's hoping you get a good night's rest.
Angel, keep watch over your mommy.
She still misses you so much, but is happy you sent Sammy to keep her company!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May you find peace in your heart knowing that sweet boy has found a peace of his own, he will always be tied to your soul by that bond of love that you will share for eternity. These anniversaries bring along a lot of pain, but they also remind us of a love that is as precious and rare as any treasure. My heart goes out to you. I hope your new love brings you the happiness your broken heart needs to mend.    

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I thought about you yesterday several times..as I stopped to pay honor to Sweet Angel who is helping the newer ones learn to use their wings..so very sorry for your loss and so very glad for Sammy...may Sammy sooth your soul the way Honeybee has soothed mine...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))  anniversaries are so hard... especially the first.. know that you were Angel's earthly Angel while she was here with us....

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel was such a lovely boy! I hope he and my Kirsten, who crossed on 7 October of 2016, have met and are friends.

Mia

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are all so sweet!  I feel the love. Thank you so much!  

Here is the poem I wrote on the 1st.

It's been one Year

I can hardly believe it's been one year since you've been gone.
As painful as it was, life moved on.
Day by day, is how I got through, 
Looking at your picture, and sometimes talking to you.
I wonder if maybe, you talk to me too.
Like when Sammy first came along, I think you helped send her to me,
To help heal my heart from the pain and misery. 
Most of the sadness,  time, and she did help heal,
But when I tell your story, the pain is still so real.
Missing you is something from which my heart will never completely mend,
Until that one day, we are united yet again. 
That is when we will cross the Rainbow Bridge together,
Until then, my sweet boy, our hearts will always be tethered.

Kelly 

2-1-17
In memory of Angel 2-5-16

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
That is lovely, Kelly..made me cry but in a good way.

Mia

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Kelly. I will read. There is so much amazing stuff on this site.

Mia

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Kelly. I will read. There is so much amazing stuff on this site. :clap:

Mia

No, thank you! :). I hope you enjoy it. There are some other talented writers that have posted on there as well. :)