My pregnant cat nala

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She does it only when she’s around her kittens or when she hops on the bed and wants treats
I’m late but yes she does the same she also bites her kittens not sure what that mean but it just started happening sense the kittens been able to move around

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you say biting, do you mean she draws blood, or is carrying them? If she keeps taking them out of the box she is not happy where they are. There may be too many people coming around, or she wants something a little more hidden. Can you make her a nest in a closet? If children come around, they usually do move them. My feral cat outside moved her babies every time I found out where they were!

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you say biting, do you mean she draws blood, or is carrying them? If she keeps taking them out of the box she is not happy where they are. There may be too many people coming around, or she wants something a little more hidden. Can you make her a nest in a closet? If children come around, they usually do move them. My feral cat outside moved her babies every time I found out where they were!
She bites them to make them stay still I guess but they cry I feel she’s a little to rough with them she seems to be getting frustrated with them no blood drawn at all , her nest is on my bed she takes them in and out of the box I think she rather be laying on my bed with the kittens as well

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put her nest and the kittens on the floor in a corner, or in a closet with door partially open. In another week the kittens will be out of the nest and exploring. Kitten-proof the room and keep them to the one room for now.

Mom cats begin to bite / nip at their kittens to teach them that she is boss and to learn their manners. You’ll see her get rougher with them soon. Break it up if it’s over the top.

Do wipe the kitten’s eyes with a warm, damp cloth as needed to get rid of the crust. They should open soon. If not, ask a vet for Terramycin ointment to rub over the eyes.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Put her nest and the kittens on the floor in a corner, or in a closet with door partially open. In another week the kittens will be out of the nest and exploring. Kitten-proof the room and keep them to the one room for now.

Mom cats begin to bite / nip at their kittens to teach them that she is boss and to learn their manners. You’ll see her get rougher with them soon. Break it up if it’s over the top.

Do wipe the kitten’s eyes with a warm, damp cloth as needed to get rid of the crust. They should open soon. If not, ask a vet for Terramycin ointment to rub over the eyes.
The kittens eyes are open and they get around really well I tried everything , when they were in my son room closet she would bring the kittens to me so that’s what made me put it on my bed and yes I definitely had to stop her a few times from biting them it even sounds like she growled

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are u able to see the whole thing? It’s shows her biting the kittens
I was able to see the video you posted here, thank you :)
It's kind of scary watching her, I agree. If you can, keep an eye on things so she doesn't get carried away any further and bite harder. So far the kitten is able to squirm away from her, so she's not biting that hard.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's kind of scary watching her, I agree. If you can, keep an eye on things so she doesn't get carried away any further and bite harder. So far the kitten is able to squirm away from her, so she's not biting that hard.
Are you talking about the YouTube video? Or her actual video? Just making sure

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The youtube one above in your post here in this thread, oh, I get it, that's not your cat. I didn't catch that lol :doh: but anyway, my comment still stands. Just keep an eye on things and base your reactions, if any, on the kittens' reactions.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The youtube one above in your post here in this thread, oh, I get it, that's not your cat. I didn't catch that lol :doh: but anyway, my comment still stands. Just keep an eye on things and base your reactions, if any, on the kittens' reactions.
Ok … please look at the second video i posted in my media where u seen the last video I accidentally uploaded the wrong one… and I’m definitely going to do what you said to do I’m just loosing sleep because I have to keep jumping up to make sure she’s not hurting the poor babies

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I wasn’t clear , it’s just to give an idea of what my nala does , except that momma cat in that YouTube video was rough but not as rough as my nala

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise