My pregnant cat nala

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it may be her mucus plug. This can come right before, or anywhere up to a week before birthing. Could be anytime now!

Please keep us posted. Also, do plan to spay your cat about 6-8 weeks after kittens, so this does not happen again.
No I don’t , but it happened with her brother we didn’t know that they would mate with there own siblings so we removed her brother which prince is with my niece and I plan to keep any male cats away from nala

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok will do , she is so patient and so am I just so excited she lays with me every know and then
New update nala has been looking around for spots around the house , my son moved her nest to his room which has more space but she was used to my room, but now she’s going back and forth so I’m not sure and she has been licking herself a lot and she doesn’t like me touching her that much anymore she scratched me not hard but just to tell me to stop she didn’t like the rubs

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
New update nala has been looking around for spots around the house , my son moved her nest to his room which has more space but she was used to my room, but now she’s going back and forth so I’m not sure and she has been licking herself a lot and she doesn’t like me touching her that much anymore she scratched me not hard but just to tell me to stop she didn’t like the rubs
It may be good to have prepared TWO nests, 1 in sons room as he is OK with it, 1 in your room as Nala is used to you.... And let her choose herself.

Most high pregs are happy with belly rubs; its also nice massage... But as you noticed, its also individual.... Good she shows you.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It may be good to have prepared TWO nests, 1 in sons room as he is OK with it, 1 in your room as Nala is used to you.... And let her choose herself.

Most high pregs are happy with belly rubs; its also nice massage... But as you noticed, its also individual.... Good she shows you.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like a sac or clot of some sort. Has it come out by now? How is she doing?

If not, she may need to see an emergency vet.

L Linda Whitfield

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder if it was amniotic fluid. Hopefully, all goes well from here.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope so too , now she’s just meowing
I dont know for sure me either... Its seems worrying even alarming of course.

But we DID had earlier forumites with something similiar, and usually it went OK anyway.

These forumites never wrote an explanation, but the delivery went OK without visible complications aside of these mysterious sacks.

Is there possible to be empty sacks, with just amniotic fluid? If so, this should be the explanation.

PS.... If you DO have access to a good vet, do phone and consult him of course....

Last edited:

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont know for sure me either... Its seems worrying even alarming of course.

But we DID had earlier forumites with something similiar, and usually it went OK anyway.

These forumites never wrote an explanation, but the delivery went OK without visible complications aside of these mysterious sacks.

Is there possible to be empty sacks, with just amniotic fluid? If so, this should be the explanation.

PS.... If you DO have access to a good vet, do phone and consult him of course....
Good morning nala had her kittens I’ll post in a little while with her pictures

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good morning nala had her kittens I’ll post in a little while with her pictures
Wonderful news! So Nala is one of them cat moms, whom go directly from the Ready (Braxton Hicks) to GO! without taking the middle step of visibly dropping...

Im happy this problem with the mysterious sack solved itself... We still dont know exactly what is was, but whatever it was, she could give birth without problems, I hope... Im glad..

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news! So Nala is one of them cat moms, whom go directly from the Ready (Braxton Hicks) to GO! without taking the middle step of visibly dropping...

Im happy this problem with the mysterious sack solved itself... We still dont know exactly what is was, but whatever it was, she could give birth without problems, I hope... Im glad..
Ok so now we had to cut the kittens loose they were tangled together nala is nursing them now one kitten passed 😞 is Nala supposed to keep leaving the kittens?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok so now we had to cut the kittens loose they were tangled together nala is nursing them now one kitten passed 😞 is Nala supposed to keep leaving the kittens?
Sorry for the kitten whom passed... was there any visible faults on it?

Yes it happens sometimes they are tangled together, and it may become necessary to cut them loose in a few minutes...

Momma ideally stays with them, but it happens when they are nursed she leaves them now and then... as long she rushes back as soon they become worried or cry, its usually ok. Does she do so leaving you on watch??

Be sure you know weights of the kittens. They should add typically 10+ grammes a day (1/3+ OZ)

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the kitten whom passed... was there any visible faults on it?

Yes it happens sometimes they are tangled together, and it may become necessary to cut them loose in a few minutes...

Momma ideally stays with them, but it happens when they are nursed she leaves them now and then... as long she rushes back as soon they become worried or cry, its usually ok. Does she do so leaving you on watch??

Be sure you know weights of the kittens. They should add typically 10+ grammes a day (1/3+ OZ)
Yes they are fine in weight, my son had to keep putting nala back in the box to feed the kittens and now she’s doing so I told him to close the door so she won’t wonder around the house , she was leaving them to come to my room and get rubs 😂