My pregnant cat nala

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, I saw that too, mama is just short of being so rough that she's hurting the kitten, and I agree, the word roughhousing is a good description.

You said above the kittens are crying, but does it sound like they're in pain? You'll want to stop her if she is truly hurting them, although so far I'm not sure that she is.

Can you take mama and play with her, even try to wear her out, during the day? She looks to me like she needs another outlet for a lot of energy :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I saw that too, mama is just short of being so rough that she's hurting the kitten, and I agree, the word roughhousing is a good description.

You said above the kittens are crying, but does it sound like they're in pain? You'll want to stop her if she is truly hurting them, although so far I'm not sure that she is.

Can you take mama and play with her, even try to wear her out, during the day? She looks to me like she needs another outlet for a lot of energy :)
The little white one is a little behind she Cries the most and is the most rough with her it’s to the point baby girl tries to avoid her mother

Attachments

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The little white one is a little behind she Cries the most and is the most rough with her it’s to the point baby girl tries to avoid her mother
i try to attempt to play with her but she doesn’t want to be bothered she’s exhausted

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mom didn't look too exhausted to me, she looked overly full of spunk and vinegar.

it’s to the point baby girl tries to avoid her mother
Do you have a way to feed the kitten, such as give it to another nursing mother cat until it's ready to be weaned?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tap mom on the top of her head with your fingers when she gets too rough, and say, “No, Nala, no!” In a stern voice. Hopefully she will get the message if you do this a few times.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tap mom on the top of her head with your fingers when she gets too rough, and say, “No, Nala, no!” In a stern voice. Hopefully she will get the message if you do this a few times.
Good advice... Its like cats whom are teaching lessons to their friends and relatives, by smacking them with a soft paw...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
i try to attempt to play with her but she doesn’t want to be bothered she’s exhausted
You got 2 advices I agree with; try as Sarthur says, tap her on the head with a forefinger when necessary; its alike smacking with a soft paw, giving a lesson; as the cats themselves do with their friends.

But also, if it doesnt help, its time to think on alternatives; ie using a foster mom or even, YOU handraise yourself the little point....

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could there be something physically wrong with the kitten? mom probably is exhausted. Is she eating ok?
My apologies I’m so late yes her eating is the same but now after this post I see a difference I moved mom and kittens to a more comfortable spot in my room and they just love it I think they was just ready to get out of that nest 😂

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mom didn't look too exhausted to me, she looked overly full of spunk and vinegar.

Do you have a way to feed the kitten, such as give it to another nursing mother cat until it's ready to be weaned?
What does the kittens start there weening process

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Excellent! Put their wet food in a low dish or plate and mash it up so they have easier access than eating out of a can. Also provide a dish of dry kitten kibble and another of water. Feed 4-6 times a day. Their tummies are small so they need frequent meals.

Begin putting them in a kitten sized litter box (non-clumping litter for now) before and after meals. Take a little front paw and show them how to “dig.” This will start them litter training.

L Linda Whitfield

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Excellent! Put their wet food in a low dish or plate and mash it up so they have easier access than eating out of a can. Also provide a dish of dry kitten kibble and another of water. Feed 4-6 times a day. Their tummies are small so they need frequent meals.

Begin putting them in a kitten sized litter box (non-clumping litter for now) before and after meals. Take a little front paw and show them how to “dig.” This will start them litter training.

L Linda Whitfield
Omg thank you so much for this what about water?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I mentioned a dish of water alongside the dry kitten kibble in my post. 😊

However, kittens may not drink much water initially if they are still nursing mom and eating wet food.