My pregnant cat nala

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat nala had her kittens 2 weeks ago and I have been hearing her make these birds sounds can some tell me what that is or what does it mean

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Is she eating drinking and using her litterbox normally? Are the kittens nursing, and when they're not nursing all piled together sleeping, rather than crawling around crying?

If everything is normal, it's likely just her way of "talking" to her babies. When does she make these sounds? Is she spending a lot of time with them, and when not nursing them regularly, is she cleaning them?

By the way, are you weighing the kittens?

Also, are you going to have her spayed as soon as possible?

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it resemble this?

This is a normal cat behavior, from what I understand. My cat doesn't do it, but friends' cats do.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everything you have asked she has been doing everything is great except not understanding the noises she makes it’s rather cute, she’s in her box now making the noises

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does it resemble this?

This is a normal cat behavior, from what I understand. My cat doesn't do it, but friends' cats do.
Not quite it sounds like a bird she might just be talking to her babies

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does it resemble this?

Actually one of those cats sounded like her 😂

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually one of those cats sounded like her 😂
Yeah, most of the time, with my friends' cats, when they do it, they are looking out a window and spot a bird or something. It's like an expression of excitement.

But it could also be kitten-chatter. Or maybe both.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
Is she eating drinking and using her litterbox normally? Are the kittens nursing, and when they're not nursing all piled together sleeping, rather than crawling around crying?

If everything is normal, it's likely just her way of "talking" to her babies. When does she make these sounds? Is she spending a lot of time with them, and when not nursing them regularly, is she cleaning them?

Also, are you going to have her spayed as soon as possible? Is it normal for one of the kittens eyes not to be open they are 2 weeks old the white one is a girl and the dark grey and white with a little orange is a boy the boy kittens eyes are open but my girls eyes are only open a tiny bit but she’s active

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, Are they crawling around crying? Are you weighing them?

Are you going to be spaying her as soon as possible?

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi

Also, are you going to have her spayed as soon as possible?
Is it normal for one of the kittens eyes not to be open they are 2 weeks old the white one is a girl and the dark grey and white with a little orange is a boy the boy kittens eyes are open but my girls eyes are only open a tiny bit but she’s active.. also yes I do plan to have her spayed

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, Are they crawling around crying? Are you weighing them?

Are you going to be spaying her as soon as possible?
Yes they are active but one of the kittens the white on her eyes are not all the way open yet

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is the eye crusty or having gunk around it? If so, gently wipe the crusties with a warm dampish cloth regularly.

If not, be sure to watch for drustiness around the eyelid, but don't do anything otherwise to hurry the process of the eye opening.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the eye crusty or having gunk around it? If so, gently wipe the crusties with a warm dampish cloth regularly.

If not, be sure to watch for drustiness around the eyelid, but don't do anything otherwise to hurry the process of the eye opening.
Thank you I will definitely check again

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What I meant was are they crawling around and crying, rather than sleeping contentedly together.

You need to be weighing them to ensure they're gaining weight.
Oh no they get lots of sleep they don’t cry unless they are hungry and my little female one her eyes are opening up a little more so I think she might just be a little behind

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so confused to why my cat nala keeps biting her kittens is that normal? And she keeps taking them out of the box