My Journey Towards Better Health

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you doing M maggiedemi M maggiedemi , are you winning.
I'm okay. I'm going to try to get to a dentist this week. The whole right side of my body hurts, on the same side as that tooth, and it's really scaring me. My right tooth, right leg, and right ear all hurt. :eek2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to try to get to a dentist this week. The whole right side of my body hurts, on the same side as that tooth, and it's really scaring me. My right tooth, right leg, and right ear all hurt. :eek2:
We'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes. :grouphug: Dental problems can cause a host of other health issues so I wish you the best of luck!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dental problems can cause a host of other health issues so I wish you the best of luck!
I just hope it's not too late and that it can be fixed. The exposed root & gum looks terrible, a gray color, I hope it's not gangrene or anything like that! I shouldn't have waited so long, but I didn't expect to be snowed in during November. The roads look clear now though, so I'll call tomorrow. I still have to find a dentist and then clear it with my insurance company. The closest dentist that takes my insurance is 45 minutes drive I think. :(

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck at the dentist! This November snow is such a pain. It's clear around us right now, but we got snow multiple times near the beginning of the month and driving was such a pain.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just hope it's not too late and that it can be fixed. The exposed root & gum looks terrible, a gray color, I hope it's not gangrene or anything like that! I shouldn't have waited so long, but I didn't expect to be snowed in during November. The roads look clear now though, so I'll call tomorrow. I still have to find a dentist and then clear it with my insurance company. The closest dentist that takes my insurance is 45 minutes drive I think. :(
*PRAYERS* and best thoughts for you. I think that once you get that dealt with you will start to feel a LOT better.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PRAYERS* and best thoughts for you.
Thank you. I've got an appointment with the dentist at 2pm tomorrow. I only got the appointment because I started sobbing. It seems nobody around here does root canals and crowns anymore. I guess it's old technology? They only do implants now, but my insurance doesn't cover those. I called all the dentists in the area and only one would do root canals. But he couldn't see me until March. I started crying and said I'll be dead by March. So they told me to come in and they will look at it. It's a pretty far drive, over in another county.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I've got an appointment with the dentist at 2pm tomorrow. I only got the appointment because I started sobbing. It seems nobody around here does root canals and crowns anymore. I guess it's old technology? They only do implants now, but my insurance doesn't cover those. I called all the dentists in the area and only one would do root canals. But he couldn't see me until March. I started crying and said I'll be dead by March. So they told me to come in and they will look at it. It's a pretty far drive, over in another county.
Well, my mom always said whatever you do, try to keep your teeth. This was after she had to get dentures. Heartfelt *PRAYERS* and best thoughts and wishes for you.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm okay. I'm going to try to get to a dentist this week. The whole right side of my body hurts, on the same side as that tooth, and it's really scaring me. My right tooth, right leg, and right ear all hurt. :eek2:
I had the same symptoms last year. They told me it was the beginning of a tooth infection.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If dentists are going to stop doing root canals/crowns and if dental implants is going to be the only option, then insurances should start covering them. Maybe they will soon, but I can't wait. If it was just a little bit of pain I would wait, but this is an exposed root and it looks like there might be an open wound on my gums. The root is sticking out, so the gum couldn't heal.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If dentists are going to stop doing root canals/crowns and if dental implants is going to be the only option, then insurances should start covering them. Maybe they will soon, but I can't wait. If it was just a little bit of pain I would wait, but this is an exposed root and it looks like there might be an open wound on my gums. The root is sticking out, so the gum couldn't heal.
I hope it's fixable :crossfingers:

Mine probably would've responded to treatment, but Medicaid only pays for extractions. Luckily, it was in the back.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're in a rural area, it's probably hard to find one to do it.
All the dentists here used to do root canals & crowns. But suddenly they stopped and it's all about dental implants now. I would love to have implants, but they cost a fortune.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had both, and the implants are really solid, but the crown feels more natural. It does cost a fortune. One year I spent $10,000 on my teeth. I have Medicare Advantage, and I opted for the no-premium plan, so no dental insurance. Now I brush and use mouthwash with a vengeance.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prices vary according to the type of dentist you need to use and where you live. You could call around and talk to the receptionist for some advice about services offered and costs. I understand being conscious of appearance. Because of a broken jaw I started many years ago with reconstruction surgery and a lifetime of various dental
procedures including crowns and finally a couple of implants. If I had it all to do over, I would do it all differently. Implants have faults too. My main concern after being healthy would be comfort and decent appearance. Some implants can fail and the expense is huge. They can also require extra bone being placed. Yuck! It’s all being improved now but for the immediate concerns, get to a dentist and get their opinion on your best options. They may be able to offer you some options you are comfortable with using. Depending on where that bad tooth is located, a bridge might be an option. That’s something you can change later if you so desire.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could call around and talk to the receptionist for some advice about services offered and costs
I called every single dentist on the list they gave me that accepts my insurance. That was the only one that still does root canals. I don't know if they cover bridges. They won't do anything fancy. The card they gave me says exam, cleaning, fillings, extractions, crowns, root canals, x-rays, fluoride treatment. It's crazy that I have to drive so far to see a dentist. I wish I could get a different insurance.