Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey MD,
I do not think you are receiving this, because, you may have blocked me; but...

I tried sending you a PM apology about my lasts post. It was blocked. I sincerely apologize for getting you upset. I did not mean too.. I can sometimes be very bossy. I am taking a step back..

If you do read this, please allow all the others you care about you, to hear from you..

So... if someone could just let MD know that I am sincerely sorry for my actions..I would appreciate it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please let us know how you are doing. We are all thinking of you.
I'm still here, but I post on other threads. My doctor said my blood test was PERFECT. I brought all my levels up with vitamins. The only problem is, I think something in my vitamins is giving me massive leg cramps. It is only in my right leg though, which is weird. I would hate to stop taking my vitamins, since they helped me so much. The only other thing I can think of that might be causing it is my tooth? Can tooth pain cause leg cramps? I need to get to the dentist, but it started snowing, I'm waiting for the roads to clear up a bit.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still here, but I post on other threads. My doctor said my blood test was PERFECT. I brought all my levels up with vitamins. The only problem is, I think something in my vitamins is giving me massive leg cramps. It is only in my right leg though, which is weird. I would hate to stop taking my vitamins, since they helped me so much. The only other thing I can think of that might be causing it is my tooth? Can tooth pain cause leg cramps? I need to get to the dentist, but it started snowing, I'm waiting for the roads to clear up a bit.
Good to see you here and good to read about your test results. It would be best to ask that question of your doctor/care team, but I have read that calcium supplements can help with leg cramps. BUT too much calcium is risky, so much better to ask them about it before taking any.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How was your potassium level?
Perfect. Every level was perfect. I've been eating a banana every morning to see if that helps with the leg cramps, but so far it hasn't. I'm wondering if it could be the Iron in my multivitamin? I see that a lot of multivitamins are taking out the iron, so maybe it's harmful.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Added iron can be harmful
I bought an iron-free multivitamin. I'll switch to that for a week and see if the cramps go away. The only problem with that is, I was anemic before I started taking the iron, so I really do need it.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only problem is, I think something in my vitamins is giving me massive leg cramps. It is only in my right leg though, which is weird.
Leg cramps could also be simply from lack of movement. Not criticizing, you need/ed to rest and heal.
Some gentile stretching of the calves and full back of the legs would help, along with getting back into being active again (when you're ready). As the muscles and other connective tissues tighten up from lack of movement, the circulation to the muscle fibers will lessen, this will cause muscle cramps. Also, "knots" in the calves are very common and most people don't even know they have any because it often takes some sort of trauma or significant change in their physical self to realize it. The reason that the right leg could be most affected is because it is your dominant leg, which means those muscles would be more susceptible to tension and hypertonicity when activity lessens.
Also moist heat and massage can help loosen the tissue to ease the cramping.
If you would like me to explain to you some specific stretches that can help your legs and other manual techniques, just let me know. (I work in physical and manual therapy :thumbsup:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought an iron-free multivitamin. I'll switch to that for a week and see if the cramps go away. The only problem with that is, I was anemic before I started taking the iron, so I really do need it.
Too much iron is dangerous, but not enough and you are anemic. Your doctor/care team should be able to advise on how much to take and how often.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking a Calcium Carbonate & Magnesium tablet every day along with my multivitamin.
~ Taking magnesium citrate is absorbed better when taken between meals. You can usually find it in liquid form as a laxative. Take only one teaspoon twice a day. Insomnia and muscle cramps are a common symptom of magnesium deficiency.

Last edited: