My Journey Towards Better Health

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Masala is an Indian blend of spices, I've not had anything cooked with it but from my experience with Indian cuisine I would imagine it's on the hot side.
It sounds like something I would love to eat, if I ever can eat spicy food again.

Happy birthday, M maggiedemi ! It's good to see you again!
Thank you!

I will be thinking of you at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow afternoon and crossing all my fingers that you can see the female PCP doctor.
Yes, please send all those good vibes right to me at 1:30pm. I'll need them. I hope I don't faint when they do the staples.

Masala is a beauty! Sounds like she's got some tortitude.
Thank you. I wish I could have her. But I bet Maggie would beat her up.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's more effective, yes. But as with any NSAID it can cause kidney issues. Tylenol is much, much safer.
Tylenol wrecks your liver, though, doesn't it? Ugh, just can't win. Well, it should be short-term so I don't think it's likely to cause any issues, no matter what you use.

Weird fact: Tylenol doesn't work for most people. I'm one of them.
Tylenol Isn't So Safe, But At Least It Works, Right?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tylenol wrecks your liver, though, doesn't it? Ugh, just can't win. Well, it should be short-term so I don't think it's likely to cause any issues, no matter what you use.

Weird fact: Tylenol doesn't work for most people. I'm one of them.
Tylenol Isn't So Safe, But At Least It Works, Right?
Yes, that's correct about Tylenol and the liver. We only buy regular-strength because of that!

And interesting that Tylenol doesn't work for everyone. It works great for my knee pain but it doesn't do a thing if I have a headache -- only aspirin helps that. :dunno:

Anyway, good luck on losing those staples, maggiedemi!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I find Aleve does much more than either advil/tylenol.

the script for Aleve is for higher dose pills. I believe it's 400mg. the over the counter I believe are 220mg? I remember when Aleve was prescription only. It was the only thing that worked on my endo back in the 1990s. I ate those like candy for 10 to 15 days a month..until it didn't work...so it does work but that particular class of meds-my body gets used to it in 6 months then doesn't work. The next one in that class is called diclofenac and that seems to work for me-that one is prescription only.

Most of the anti inflame meds all are in 2 classes- advil type formula, or Aleve type family and then there's the lesser pain relieving of aspirin and tylenol.
There's also some herbs and plants that people experiment with but so far I am not too versed on more than 2 things but some doctors don't want to hear any discussion about it.

I am happy that you got your license and eating again...small baby steps...one tool that helped me in hard times, is journalling and of course hide it in site so mom doesn't read it. Even if I burned the pages a month later-it was helpful to see any patterns to my hormones which was a big thing in my younger years...now that I am older-if I have a melt down-I just glance at the calender and don't get too upset when I see it's right on time with my hormones..some women it affects greatly..like myself..others don't get the emotional times but I think some of the folks reading can understand how entwined our hormones and happiness in life are very much combined...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eird fact: Tylenol doesn't work for most people. I'm one of them.
Two years ago my doctor told me that I had stage 3 CKD. Turned out it was some issue caused by NSAID's and cleared up after a year of not touching them again. My doctor told me he'd rather have me take a handful of Tylenol than to touch an NSAID ever again. But Tylenol doesn't work at all. I might as well be taking a sugar pill.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi : How'd things go today?
Everything turned out wonderful. And I can finally feel myself falling asleep. Thank God. I don't know if I even slept an hour all week and I was so afraid of a brain aneurism. I will try to type everything, but might fall asleep. :cheerleader:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy that you got your license and eating again...small baby steps.
I had a dream about you last night that you were in my bedroom watching over me and telling people to back off. (My mom) :lol:

Masala can be made all the way from mild to extremely hot. It all depends on WHICH spices and how much you combine.
I really want to try it someday. Maybe not 4 star spicy, which I used to get at the Thai restaurant.

I bet you're feeling much better with those awful things out. I hated them.
Staples are out. I'm feeling great. It was just a little pinch, like the youtube video that somebody showed me. I kept asking if my guts would fall out, and they laughed. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a dream about you last night that you were in my bedroom watching over me and telling people to back off. (My mom) :lol:

I really want to try it someday. Maybe not 4 star spicy, which I used to get at the Thai restaurant.

Staples are out. I'm feeling great. It was just a little pinch, like the youtube video that somebody showed me. I kept asking if my guts would fall out, and they laughed. :lol:
Well, if they do, you can hold them and get an Uber back in there, right? (JOKE: hope not offensive. Meant to be absurdly funny, as is my sense of humor).
And yes, Thai food is SERIOUSLY fiery. South Asian food can be paint-strippingly hot, but doesn't have to be. It is usually made to your taste in restaurants. Most people who are not habitual consumers of it generally ask for mild. Still not to be eaten yet!!! but maybe something to look forward to in future.
So glad you are staple-free!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Everything turned out wonderful. And I can finally feel myself falling asleep. Thank God. I don't know if I even slept an hour all week and I was so afraid of a brain aneurism. I will try to type everything, but might fall asleep. :cheerleader:
If you're feeling sleepy, let yourself relax and sleep. :sleep: :sleep2: :sleep: :sleep2:
You can tell us all about your day tomorrow. :)
And really glad today went well. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you need sleep, we're totally okay waiting. It sounds like you're in less pain now and that's good enough for me.
I definitely want to be asleep by 10pm, which is 2 hours from now. I will try to type a few details. I didn't end up needing any pain killers at all! Isn't that a shocker? It was a combo of that cute ER doc and my older brother talking to me about too much sodium in my diet and eating fresh foods instead of the canned and processed foods my mom makes. I ate a bowl of fresh fruit this morning and I swear it cleaned my blood. I felt so good. My mom tried to take it away from me, saying that I can't have apples. :rolleyes3: So I went and ate in my bedroom. It was time to make a stand, even though it was hard. I was able to walk straight up and not use my cane. My surgeon that took the staples out was shocked, he said I looked like a totally different person. He agreed about the salt. I had no idea that salt could cause that much pain.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely want to be asleep by 10pm, which is 2 hours from now. I will try to type a few details. I didn't end up needing any pain killers at all! Isn't that a shocker? It was a combo of that cute ER doc and my older brother talking to me about too much sodium in my diet and eating fresh foods instead of the canned and processed foods my mom makes. I ate a bowl of fresh fruit this morning and I swear it cleaned my blood. I felt so good. My mom tried to take it away from me, saying that I can't have apples. :rolleyes3: So I went and ate in my bedroom. It was time to make a stand, even though it was hard. I was able to walk straight up and not use my cane. My surgeon that took the staples out was shocked, he said I looked like a totally different person. He agreed about the salt. I had no idea that salt could cause that much pain.
Yeah, salt is pretty nasty, actually, and a little goes a LONNNNNNNNNNNG way.
As for apples, they're supposed to keep the doctor away ;)
Wishing you a wonderful deep, replenishing sleep tonight and a tomorrow feeling much, much better!