My fur babies

momof5furbabies!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Simba 2 yr old neutered ginger tabby, Ariel 3 1/2 month old female orange tabby, Finn, 7 yr. Old neutered black lab and Ella 5 yr old spayed black lab. Our story... we've had the dog's since they were pups. We live in the country and have property. Finn found Simba when he was very young. There are many feral cats where we live. Simba wasn't in good shape, so we took him in, fostered him and failed at fostering. 😁 Simba is part of the pack. He sleeps with dog's, begs for food like the dog's and hangs out with dog's. He is strictly indoors. On June 30th Ariel wandered onto our patio looking for help. She was in really bad shape, under nourished, weight, covered in fleas, eyes barely visible due to obvious upper respiratory infection. We took her to our vet with the intention we would get her the medical attention she needed then take her to the humane society. Well, we were quite surprised when they told us she was a girl. Since orange tabby's are typically males. So, we just had to keep her. She is now over the URI.
20230807_190522.jpg
And we got the go ahead to introduce her to the rest of the gang. The dog's love Ariel and took to her immediately. We knew it would be a challenge with Simba. We have Ariel confined to the one side of our house, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. We do let her out (morning & evening, plus we go in with her in the afternoon when she is awake) when Simba is out in the screen room. We aren't allowing him to see her as when he did he was obviously upset, hissing and pounced at the door. We have watched many Jackson Galaxy You Tube Videos on introducing Kitten to resident cat. We have even put Simba in the room where Ariel sleeps and plays. We tried putting him in the whole area but he jumped the 4' high gate we have. Yesterday we put him in the room, we did it at dinner time and gave him his wet food. We gave Ariel her wet food in the hallway. She ate hers, but he just sat near the door and didn't eat. I looked under the door and could see his paws. He didn't hiss or pounce at the door. But, I'm sure he knew she was on the other side. On the August 28th Ariel will be getting spayed. I'm hopeful that once she recovers, is a little bit bigger and Simba has had more time to adjust that he will tolerate her.
20221013_214033.jpg
My 5th fur baby is Daisy, our Holland Lop bunny, she is also 5 yr. old and spayed. She has access to to the house, but spends most of her day hanging around her hutch area. She isn’t intimidated by the cats or dogs. (Finn & Ella are very gentle) Even though she is a prey animal. Simba was so small when he came into the house that he was the "prey" animal. Simba has a healthy respect for Daisy and doesn't bother her. Ariel has been nose to nose with Daisy, didn’t show any aggressive behavior just curious.
20230614_161136.jpg

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
unnamed.gif
momo5furbabies, Simba, Ariel, Finn, Ella and Daisy and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
cac51c855e40db32508735b027d6d899.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely bunch you have here! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: We have a special thread here just for Simba and Ariel in Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here! and Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;) and many fun threads here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitties are up to and not forgetting Finn, Ella and Daisy, we have special threads here just for them too in Other Pets & Animals

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof5furbabies!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all the warm welcome messages. The articles have been very helpful. I've been doing a lot of reading as I really want Simba to accept Ariel. I know it takes time... slow and steady.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Love the stories of how your kitties came to be part of your family. :redheartpump:

I hope in time Simba and Ariel become friends. :catlove:

I've also read that orange tabbies are rarely female, but there's actually quite a few here at TCS, including my girl Ruby. :lovecat2:

Daisy's adorable. She sounds like a pretty special bunny. 🐇

One of our members has 2 bunnies, and has an ongoing thread about them, which you might want to check out.
Twin Rabbits

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, both you and your furry family!