My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just popping in to say hi to Jcatbird Jcatbird and everyone. I have working through some stuff. Hopefully, things are getting better Jcatbird Jcatbird I hope the rest of Winter eases up in your neck of the woods. You don't need a NE like winter. It is not something you guys are use to and it can cause a lot of havoc. Love the pics of your kitties. Wandaheart looks like quite a character. A lot of purrsonality there.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 so glad to hear Gypsy is doing much better. I have been worried sick over kitties all of a sudden getting sick. TG everything checks out well and Gypsy is getting back to her old self.

Well, have a good one everyone. Take care.🙂

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I think you did a good thing holding on to blankets and warm clothes! Even living here, blankets can always be used for something or somebody! When the power was out when I was young, we covered up but it was still cold so used them like a tent over us to give a bit of extra warmth. It really helped! I have always wondered if that is why many old bed had a canopy top. It held heat down a little.
I love leggings! When it snowed here and stuck for days on end, leggings over jeans, over thermal underwear and I was toasty warm digging paths out for the ferals. It took a long time digging with a regular garden shovel and I don’t know if I could have stayed warm enough without all the layers. I had to keep switching out boots because they got wet but the rest of me was okay. Lol I actually bought new “waterproof” boots last year but….. they are NOT waterproof! :rolleyes:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Just popping in to say hi to Jcatbird Jcatbird and everyone. I have working through some stuff. Hopefully, things are getting better Jcatbird Jcatbird I hope the rest of Winter eases up in your neck of the woods. You don't need a NE like winter. It is not something you guys are use to and it can cause a lot of havoc. Love the pics of your kitties. Wandaheart looks like quite a character. A lot of purrsonality there.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 so glad to hear Gypsy is doing much better. I have been worried sick over kitties all of a sudden getting sick. TG everything checks out well and Gypsy is getting back to her old self.

Well, have a good one everyone. Take care.🙂
Yep! Me too! HELLO EVERYONE. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay well my friends.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Oh yes! It is pneumonia weather around the south. One extreme to another. I often hear from people who move here talking about our weather. “It just can’t make up its mind!” Lol True! I imagine that if I moved there, I would be wishing for winter to change its mind!

tabbytom tabbytom So very accurate! These cats don’t cause headaches, they cure them! Lady will lay on my head if I lay down and headache is gone! Lol

M maggiedemi I don’t know where Wanda Heart learned to share her food with others. She was so thin when she joined us. Maybe from a friend? This is August of 2019.
19FD38DB-3F1A-4216-B58F-6214FBE2F2A3.jpeg

DC2F8BC0-E0FD-41A9-B5A5-3C7DEC667AA1.jpeg

61BE8578-9C7B-471A-BF60-FECB81D21FE4.jpeg

6A93A4AA-B62B-4513-9975-1003C612C09D.jpeg
A10F0188-7DB2-4495-AEE1-D6D514E95D6F.jpeg
50D8E0A7-C2A7-4038-99F9-31847518421C.jpeg

A little later when she was finally well.
62ED9B44-2EF1-451C-8082-0B8DC43B1185.jpeg

I think a medium sized town would suit you. Large ones can be a bit overwhelming and tiny ones a bit lacking in resources. I like to be where it is quiet but I can still get to the things I need. I have lived in small towns and big ones as well as far from both. Close but not overwhelmed is best. The problem with living right in town is that most will not allow a Clowder. I won’t live where that is not allowed. Inside the city limits here means no more than six kitties. In some towns, the number is lower. In some counties ( outside of town) you must have more than 2 acres of land, some 5 acres of land and some zoning laws restrict that too. This place is zoned whatever I need to do for the kitties.

Using something like sun power is purrfect.

Colloquialism? Banjo must have typed that. She wears the fancy pants around here. :lol::bicolorcat: She has her own thermals too!
I prefer a good meal too.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Some union suits were red. In the old western movies you see those sometimes. I know the button flap was handy but….better button up!:lol: Being a priority though!

I have to have a bit of nature. I have lived in a remote place and there was never any noise from neighbors. I loved that place! Now I am kind of in between. If I could choose, I would live back on the island where I grew up. Best of both worlds then but that has changed now too. I did find a place to spend much of my time that I love though. You know the place. Thecatsite!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Yay!!!! We are all so glad that Gypsy is better! Thank goodness! This is one place where everyone will applaud a poop! Good girl Gypsy! :clap2: You have the best kind of Hoomans and everyone here was sending healing vibes and prayers!

:woo:
Very glad the privacy of the new box location seemed to help. Beautiful pictures. May the dreams be beautiful and relaxing! Poop can be beautiful!

Lari Lari I lived in suburbs when Sarah was little. It was great for us at the time. I think where we live needs to match our needs and it changes at different times in our lives. There was a time when being way out matched my lifestyle. Not as much now as I get older though. The suburbs are now growing around me here. Lol The city is coming my way as it extends outward. Pluses and minuses. Having more stores near us becoming a plus.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I am so glad to see you back. I hope things are better. Prayers sent.
we are weathering the cold. It could be worse! Lol If it is cold but peaceful, I can be content.
Wanda Heart is a dear sweet one! I posted some earlier photos of her. She has always been so full of love! It’s amazing how much a kitty can go through and still be such a little love bug!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I am so glad to see you too! I hope things are going better there. Bananas huh? I saw your post about them on the question of the day thread. I am wondering just how those cooked bananas taste! I have had cooked plantains but nothing like what you described. I had some amazing tiny bananas in a country I visited and nothing here matches them. In fact, all the fruit I had there was extra yummy! Craving tiny sweet bananas now!;):tongue:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This house was really well designed and has a lot of storage space *plus the 2-car garage for my nonexistent cars* and I save things, too --
Move over, I'm on my way! :crackup: Nah, my kids would KILL me. Chattanooga area, it is.

I have always wondered if that is why many old bed had a canopy top.
Yep, exactly why, and bed hangings, as well, to keep out drafts. Or as my grandmother would have written, "draughts."

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to get pictures of the , camera shy, Bengal boys together. :flail:Okay. I should have known better.

I resorted to treats to gather them and keep them still long enough to take pictures.
402F4AB4-9957-4F7D-B7DF-7230C01BAC95.jpeg

Guys.
5D9A8ED8-B428-4C62-8155-CF8EB0A83E63.jpeg

Hey kitties!
B27EFF41-D672-413C-A1F8-6EFB13084BEE.jpeg

I have the camera here kitties.
79250EC5-762E-49ED-A571-B7D3698D8ECE.jpeg

Can you look up for a minute?
C4AD273A-9905-497E-9F00-FB27D850BC2A.jpeg

Sherbie, don’t try to push the others away from the treats.
0AAB1673-90F6-496A-8C7E-2BC6E1B6E34E.jpeg

Thanks for looking up Cheetah but you have to be still a second too.
BB27F564-EC1A-41C4-82BC-8A951A3F1808.jpeg

Kitties?
2D09B15F-4E55-4420-8111-E47E95A62959.jpeg

Ahhh, thanks Jeremiah but you looked up a little too much. Lol
46FDB44D-F093-440D-838C-0BC75DC1DD7E.jpeg

Well, at least you are all in the frame!!
2780494E-823B-4A7A-AF1E-950F621C95B6.jpeg

Ummmmmm……
07388386-E22D-4B3D-A87E-2B2A6C19F7D7.jpeg

A lot of activity here. Lol Can I get just one picture with everyone?
277B4D5D-F651-4C86-958D-F2A2C1F097CE.jpeg

Yes! No face shots but ….
Cheetah, Jeremiah and Sherbie in a row!!:yess::clap2: I think this is as good as I will get with them!:lol:
42AD7B21-44D3-462C-9BE2-ADE0A4465C58.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How lovely to see the Bengals. Too bad they're so camera shy, as they're 3 gorgeous cats. Muffin is their sister, right. Does she ever visit with them?

Also nice to see the earlier pics of Wanda Heart. Can't believe it was 2019 when she showed up. Time really does fly.

"Chilly tonight, pass me a cat, Dear!"
1643199061909.png

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe me, there was many a winter's night when I wished we had cats to help keep warm; when the frost on the windows was so thick that you couldn't see out. And drafty? It was a minor miracle that none of us developed pneumonia. It was a house where you could get fresh air without going outside or opening a window.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not much on sweets, either. With me, it's nuts, tortilla chips and salsa, stuff like that. Or I'll just heat up some tortillas and put salsa on them. Gotta have the chiles!
Sounds perfect! And a pineapple pizza. Pizza can be healthy! Load it up with veggies. :thumbsup:

Nothing at all wrong with saving things you might need
Yes, as long as you keep them clean. My mother hoards blankets, but won't allow them to be washed, along with all her other crap. Would love to live somewhere where I could wash everything on a schedule. 🙌

We have a nice normal 💩👏👏👏 Its beautiful!
Are we the only ones that think poop is beautiful? :lol:

A little later when she was finally well.
I like this idea...😉

Inside the city limits here means no more than six kitties.
Awww, I forgot about that...☹

The city is coming my way as it extends outward. Pluses and minuses. Having more stores near us becoming a plus.
Well that sounds good! Do you have restaurants and laundromats? :think:

If it is cold but peaceful, I can be content.
Yeah, I might not mind the cold in NY so much if my circumstances were better. :sigh:

It’s amazing how much a kitty can go through and still be such a little love bug!
I wonder how much a person/cat can take though, before they just break and lose their heart? 🙏

I have had cooked plantains
I love plantains! They are really cheap too. Less than 50 cents I think. :thumbsup:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Wanda Heart is all bout loving. She actually puts her stuffed toys at her food dish, face first so she can share her food with them. It is so adorable. I have to give her friends lots of baths! Lolol
Oh how sweet. 2019 she came? I remember, oh how time flies. Too fast at this age.

It can be thirty degrees at night and seventy five during the day. I like that.
It's like that here, it's so lovely to have the windows open in the night

I live in the suburbs. It's a nice compromise between city and rural living, but I know it's not for everyone.
Me too. I have a rural heart but want the more activities and shorter drives!

We have a nice normal 💩👏👏👏 Its beautiful! Major kudos to Jcatbird Jcatbird Jcatbird Jcatbird for suggestion of litter box relocation. 😽
Oh further in the posts I see the poop train has left the station! Yay!!

I was trying to get pictures of the , camera shy, Bengal boys together. :flail:Okay. I should have known better.
Some more kitties to learn! They may be afraid to look up in case someone gets the rest of the treats!

Sounds perfect! And a pineapple pizza. Pizza can be healthy! Load it up with veggies. :thumbsup:
LOVE pineapple pizza. Pizza is an all time favorite. I remember as a kid my mom making the box Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee pizzas (which we loved) and stretched the dough so thin to make it go farther you could see through it. Maybe that's why I like thin crust pizza so much still.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi GIRL! You left out the jalapenos! Or serranos, or....Pineapple pizza WITH CHILES!
Jcatbird Jcatbird Tiny Wanda Heart was all big feet and hands back then, wasn't she? I love when they're like that. 2019! Yeah, it doesn't seem possible, does it? Sometimes I have trouble really thinking about life before (December 31) 2019. Life is so bizarre now, but it is our not-so-new-now normal...
Beautiful Bengals! Sherbie's name definitely fits. Orange, tangerine or combo?
Yeah, where to live can be quite a challenge. I've also lived way out, urban, and in burbs. I'd still be way out if I could, no question. But having stuff close by and convenient is really a must after divorce since I don't drive/have a car, and a lot of delivery options aren't available where I lived. They'd probably have to drop-ship our cat supplies. No courier will drive over sand and boulders (and often nails, from construction)!
Were those tiny bananas in the Philippines by any chance? There are at least a couple of varieties there that are very small -- there's a yellow variety and a red variety. They are very different in taste from the Central American ones we think of as The bananas. Platanos (plantains) are also wonderful! A popular dessert in parts of China is deep-fried bananas which are usually dipped in sesame seeds. They are amazing! I used to fry plantains all the time in other, better times. I love them.
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Hey! Back at'cha!
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You are very welcome! Maybe you, Jcatbird, maggiedemi and whomever else wants to, can all come out...it'd be a bit cramped and well, this city only allows 6 cattos so...:sigh:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
I won’t live where that is not allowed. Inside the city limits here means no more than six kitties. In some towns, the number is lower.
In my town the limit is 3 for any domestic pets like cats, dogs, potbelly pigs etc. But I have 4 cats. I know people who have many more than the limit so we are rebels.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my town the limit is 3 for any domestic pets like cats, dogs, potbelly pigs etc. But I have 4 cats. I know people who have many more than the limit so we are rebels.
As long as they are well cared for and indoors, no one has to know. I moved down here with 9. No one ever had any problems because no one ever knew!

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
As long as they are well cared for and indoors, no one has to know. I moved down here with 9. No one ever had any problems because no one ever knew!
Yeah I just can't imagine a lot of people limiting themselves to 3 of the furry/bristly pets!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I just can't imagine a lot of people limiting themselves to 3 of the furry/bristly pets!
It's a misguided attempt to keep them safe and stop bad domestic situations from impacting the public. But as we all know, ONE animal is too many for the neglectful, abusers, or uninformed; and many, for those who care well for and love them, are absolutely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.