My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I had to look up Andersonia. There is a blue form! Very rich, true blue. It was named in honor of a naval surgeon and naturalist. Very cool hybrid! Nice to learn about a hybrid I would love to have! :cloud9:

tabbytom tabbytom A hot doggie pants. I have had my share of doggie spit. I have loved some dogs but I don’t love spit from anything. Lol Human drool would be worse.:drool::lol: Ewwwww!
Now I want an ice cream cone! Lol

M maggiedemi I had a Pomeranian long ago and he was a very sweet and attentive fur puppy. He thought he was a cat. He slept with the kitties every night. I know the one that you rescued is very sweet. Lucky that you found him when you did too!
Bad owners/guardians are a real problem!
You have lilacs too? Cool.
The frog in the corner may have the sweetest purrsonality. ;)
You and the Bengal boys could take pictures together! They would love that!

rubysmama rubysmama I have some flowers that can be overwhelming too. Best to just get a whiff on a breeze! Lol Still, nice.
Something told me you probably wouldn’t care for that name. Maybe you could just think of them as Dayflowers? Much nicer sounding.
The memes are so cute but the one of the cat standing on the dogs bum.....:flail:. My mom always told the story of our mailman who arrived just in time to see our Siamese cat open the front door to let my Dads setter dog out. He asked,” Lady, does your cat always open the door for the dog?” Mom replied, “ Yes, of course!” As though all cats do that. Lol
Oh! Forget me Nots! I planted some seeds this year but I don’t know if they will do anything here. I have never gotten those to grow but I keep hoping!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I do know your feelings about dogs. You have close experience with cat vs. dog tragedies. That kind of thing is impossible to see and not be affected by it. Ginny? A dog that rescues cats? I don’t know about that dog but I know I would like that story!
Blue flowers! I don’t have any Wandering Jew but once did have some in a pot. I don’t know if it would live outside here though. I love blue flowers. I have some Plumbago that is light blue. It’s hit and miss here to. A lot of things either drown during flooding or dry up from the heat. The soil is nearly pure sand in some spots too. It’s a challenge. Lol

Lari Lari A plant named Harold! I like it! Lol I have known a lot of plants but I haven’t known a Harold. I think all plants should have nice names like that.
Oh! I take back what I said above. I actually never mind baby drool at all. Teething maybe? That’s a good thing. Little baby teeth are so cute! I remember when Sarah was teething AND drooling. She liked it when I let her kind of munch on my finger. I would dip my finger in ice water and she would go to town on it! Yummy! Lol It moves a mother’s heart to see baby hitting new milestones.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Ah! Your Gran was very wise. The frog is actually our real Prince in disguise. Banjo seems to know that too. I think Froggie must be a good kisser because Banjo is always kissing him. Lol

Reading along? I am so happy to hear that. Just knowing you are back is a great comfort. The concentration will improve after you have caught up on your test. No one ever gets any sleep in a hospital! The nurses watch us and who can sleep while they are being watched? Unless it’s by a cat! I’m pretty sure I am always being watched by a cat.... or ten.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Wow! That does look like a Dogwood but what an excellent flower! Purrfection! Great photo! That tree is just loaded with flowers! I see why you stopped to photograph that.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had a bit of a scare with my elderly neighbor. He went missing! Pawpurr’s hooman! I have been on the phone all day and night with his sons. He was supposed to return from a short trip but he didn’t arrive home when he was due. No phone calls to us and none of us could reach him on his phone. He always asks me to take care of Pawpurr if he can’t get back by supper. It gave us all quite a scare. I haven’t heard the details yet but he is finally back. I let one of his sons in to stay with Pawpurr and the other son finally let me know that his Dads phone had not been working but he had heard from him. Whew! I saw that he got back around 2:30 this morning. It was a very tense time. We were counting the minutes until we could get the police to start searching. Hopefully it was just an issue with his car or something.

The kitties kept me company as I worked on the cat room and watched out for the neighbor to return. We now have an indoor catio! Lol I have an exterior repair to do under the door frame too. Water was penetrating above the edge of the top step, under the doorframe and getting the edge of the subfloor wet. I had to take up two rows of tile and repair the floor. Aaaarrrgh! I suspect that is where the damage came from before rather than where I had thought. Let’s hope this is the final answer! The updates in the cat room aren’t quite ready for everyone but the kitties really wanted to check my work. Lol

Mackie joined us.
056C97CD-E801-43BD-ACEB-A1025F390F0C.jpeg

Mitsy watched for the neighbor.
E362879A-5EBA-401F-A243-228E39DF5EC2.jpeg

Kodiak watched for lizard dragons. Lol
DEA41EE0-A4AB-4A05-89CF-0130245DCB05.jpeg

She saw one too!
1B7949D4-DC36-427B-9A0A-EA3DE7D473BD.jpeg

Mackie laughed about that!
34A28956-A800-4C97-8D22-595BE0B031C4.jpeg

Kodiak retreated to the safety of one of the cat sanctuary cages.
D404D939-919C-4134-B5CA-B105D9F9DB8F.jpeg

Mitsy alerted me to the arrival of the neighbors son. Pawpurrs hooman brother.
B5E7B190-649E-4BA4-B3C4-8BB8FD66AFD9.jpeg

Lady made the rounds of every space in the cat room. Which spot will be the best one to claim?
B1F47683-3228-4AA9-9889-D4D94571A25C.jpeg

A catio inside? It seems to be a popular place to climb around. Lots of places to jump and play.
FA1469A1-C797-4F9F-93F5-FEE3D90C51A9.jpeg

A level for lots of kitties at once.
9B5E407C-3941-491B-8F49-FA2F27DF5D38.jpeg

Whistle took the ground floor apartment.
A1E4CCAB-7350-47E9-AAB2-0AB1B58368FF.jpeg

Lady finally settled on a tabletop view of the window but I have a feeling that she will be exploring more later.
12EC427E-E5C2-4F09-8824-709E01E209B0.jpeg

Lol More to come!

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We have had a bit of a scare with my elderly neighbor. He went missing! Pawpurr’s hooman! I have been on the phone all day and night with his sons. He was supposed to return from a short trip but he didn’t arrive home when he was due. No phone calls to us and none of us could reach him on his phone. He always asks me to take care of Pawpurr if he can’t get back by supper. It gave us all quite a scare. I haven’t heard the details yet but he is finally back. I let one of his sons in to stay with Pawpurr and the other son finally let me know that his Dads phone had not been working but he had heard from him. Whew! I saw that he got back around 2:30 this morning. It was a very tense time. We were co
Pheww...........:sweat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How lovely! I planted a packet of these seeds but none came up.
Oh! Forget me Nots! I planted some seeds this year but I don’t know if they will do anything here. I have never gotten those to grow but I keep hoping!
How strange that neither of your Forget Me Nots grew. Maybe they sit dormant for a year? My original plant must have set seeds, as I had 3 plants this year, and oddly none were where the original was planted. :dunno: Though I *may* have accidentally weeded it before I realized what it was. :paperbag:

We have had a bit of a scare with my elderly neighbor.
Oh, how scary for everyone. Glad he's home safe now. :redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice to learn about a hybrid I would love to have!
I just can't get into flowers for some reason. Maybe you could teach me. Probably prefer Flowers the cat though. 🌻🐈

I have had my share of doggie spit.
Ewww! Luckily Bosco never drooled on me. He did eat some poop in the woods though. I tried to stop him, but he wouldn't listen. 😭

You and the Bengal boys could take pictures together! They would love that!
I see what you're doing there. Very crafty. Keep working on me, maybe I'll make my escape. ✈

our Siamese cat open the front door to let my Dads setter dog out
Ha! You're lucky the cat didn't let himself out. Demi would be like "See you next year...maybe!" :wave3:

You have lilacs too? Cool.
Remember the 7 chickens roosted in it every night? Wish I kept the pic, but I deleted it when they left, made me too sad. 🙁

I have known a lot of plants but I haven’t known a Harold.
That was my Grandpa's name! I don't remember him, but I remember his big gray cat. Typical. :lol:

I think Froggie must be a good kisser because Banjo is always kissing him.
Never got to kiss my frog prince. Maybe that's why we're still friends after 20 years though. :think:

The concentration will improve after you have caught up on your test.
Hmmm....There must be a life metaphor in there somewhere...Test or Rest? Or both? ;)

I saw that he got back around 2:30 this morning.
What was he doing out that late?! Sheesh. Have to get Lari Lari after him with her mommy voice...:lol:

Lady finally settled on a tabletop view
But of course! My princess has to preside over her kingdom & her subjects. 👑

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Our chickens used to roost in their big ancient juniper to sleep when the weather was good. The first time I went up to their yard and saw them all in there, I couldn't believe what I was seeing!
Jcatbird Jcatbird WOW. Hope you find out where your neighbor was until 2:30 in the morning! I know he wasn't out chasin' it :flail:because she was home waiting for him:hearthrob::redcat::hearthrob::lol:
Ginny was a world-famous dog and the subject of two books by her guardian and his friend. Here's a little video: My former best friend ("former" because she decided to end our friendship on a misunderstanding I couldn't convince her WAS a misunderstanding. I miss her so much.) dated her guardian for awhile. Ginny was/is a unique and amazing soul.

Husky44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The feral-stray that adopted us 2+ years ago is sleeping on our bed with two-fans blowing on her (ceiling and portable). Far cry from the scared and starving cat of two-years ago that was afraid of us and sleeping outdoors year-round.
It seems she watched the weather report of temps nearing 100 today and decided the bed and fans are the right call.
Hard to believe how she went from an outside wild cat to a spoiled 90% indoor cat so quick, I feel used..lol

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Great photo! That tree is just loaded with flowers! I see why you stopped to photograph that.
Thanks. Despite it being a rainy mess yesterday, that Dogwood tree just shone in all of it's beauty. I would have been kicking myself, if I didn't have my phone to take that pic.

So sorry to hear that your elderly neighbor was MIA until the early morning hours. Perhaps his sons should put a tracker on his phone and his car, to know where he is at all times. I hope he is okay. That is quite a scare. Things are getting crazier and crazier out there, so I can imagine how worried his sons and you were over him. Thank God he is back home safe and sound.:heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Awww! Kitty! That’s not drool, it’s kitty sugar from a faucet.

Phew is right. I hadn’t said anything but we searched for him for a day and a half! I was wanting to call police but his family did get one call from him so we weren’t technically at missing for 24 hours. I have been with the family all day and he is better but he suffers some heat exhaustion and his vehicle had broken down. He managed to get almost home but drove into the ditch behind my place. No one stopped to help him when he broke down and I don’t know if we would have been able to track his route since he goes back roads a lot. I am still worried about him. Just left him with his son and Pawpurr to watch over him. That was scary for us all.

rubysmama rubysmama I am wondering if the soil here just isn’t right for those seeds. Maybe it’s climate though. Maybe they would sprout in the greenhouse? Kind of weird question but... what does your dirt look like?:lol:

It was scary. Kind of still is. I would like to get him checked out at the ER but he won’t go. When I first saw him he was hunched over his steering wheel in the dark and a guy was at the passenger window. The SAME guy that had the dog in my yard! Maybe the guy was checking on him but he walked away when he saw me coming with a flashlight. He did speak but kept going. I was relieved to recognize the van but scared to see it where it was and not see him at first. Then seeing him bent over. He seemed a bit loopy but coherent. I got his son and we got him inside and drinking, cooled off, Fed and in the bed. Pawpurr stayed with him all night. If he isn’t 100% by morning, I am going to push again about getting him to go in to be checked. I went on a search for someone once years ago who was also found but extremely dehydrated. That leaves a person very weak and disoriented but she was okay after getting fluids and rest. Hopefully he will be too.

You forgot not to weed the Forget me nots?:lol:

M maggiedemi Oh I can definitely get you interested in flowers and plants! Vegetarian! Growing something and eating it straight from the garden! Best food ever! Pick a pepper! Lol

Yes. I keep trying.
Oh the cat could have let himself out. He was just trying to get the house to himself. Lololol

I typed test instead of test. That’s quite telling. I need rest and to work on my own concentration? Oops. Lol

Lady kind of looks like a Queen Bee there!

I do remember that we shared chicken stories.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is so safe that your friend misunderstood and would not try to mend things anyway. Maybe time has her missing you too? Good friends are not everywhere,perhaps she has had time to reconsider.

That dog is a cat rescuer! Awesome. She rescued a human too? Very cool looking dog. The scruff reminds me of wolf fur. Bravo to Ginny!

BellaGooch BellaGooch Very busy. But I always have plenty of time on my hands. NOT! Lol This did keep me sitting in one spot a long time making calls though. The kitties are always a great comfort. They are also willing to lend a helping paw. Lol Thank you! I’m glad they were here for me too.

H Husky44 Well hi and welcome to the site and to the thread! You rescued a feral?:clap2::goldstar::redheartpump::heartshape::thanks::rock:
Cats are so smart. She knew you would love her. She was right. Lol It is amazing how quickly they show their gratitude for the love and return it. She she safe and living in comfort now. You know, we love seeing a picture of the kitties that join us here.;) I am so glad you brought her in to a safe and loving home!! Welcome to you and kitty!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose A tracker on his car would be a great idea! He often misplaced his phone but that would help too. I’ll pass on that tip!

That dogwood just glowed! The flowers covered the tree. On a gloomy, rainy day I bet it was like a light against everything.

pearl99 pearl99 Hi! How are things there? You have Forget me nots too? I’m going to have to keep trying on thise! Lol

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Lady thanks you! She’s got the softest fur. I love her floof fur. Lol How are things there?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy reminded me that I meant to post these last month. We had an overnight frost warning and I'd gone outside with a flashlight at 10pm to rescue them from an empty house one yard down the alley. The elderly gentleman who owns it has been in a nursing home for several years and the house has sat empty with the yard running rampant. Today there was a work crew of his daughter, s-i-l & grandkids mowing, raking, pruning, chopping and cutting! I'm afraid for the old extensive flower gardens.
20210601_011520.jpg 20210601_011310.jpg 20210601_011346.jpg 20210601_011440.jpg 20210601_011412.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.