My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Candy has been used on a previous kitty. But Toffee and Caramel are perfect for her!

Oooh, and I hope you don't mind, but I've been thinking of the name Liberty. It be better for a kitty found on the 4th of July, but I think it's a cool name.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be great to know another kitty was named Liberty! I love the name too! I don’t know what made that name come into my mind. Lol It’s a good word so I think it carries a good feeling. I think Toffee or Caramel would be cute for the new girl. Whatever seems to fit her. It’s funny how names either feel right for them or they don't. I think when you find a Liberty, no matter what time of year it is, you’ll know it. If you find three then, remember that Glory and Freedom could join Liberty. :lol: If there are fireworks you could have a Sparkler. :flail:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, the rescue lady did name two kitties we rescued around the fourth, George Washington and Betsy Ross. They both got adopted. Sparkler is good, I think that should be a little boys name. I'll have to remember that one. They named a little girl kitten I rescued sparkles. That was a cute name.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
George and Betsy! Very cute! Yes. I agree that Sparkler should be a boy. Naming can be a challenge but also fun! I find that 99 percent of the time the new parents keep the names the same. Only once has someone renamed one. They gave him a really cute name though. They named him Sprout. He was like a little jumping bean so.... bean sprout. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I M super sleepy tonight. Been typing a lot to other posts. Lol
I just wanted to update here before bed.
BJ got through the neutering and returns early I’m the morning.
Her is how it has been going for him.

BJ after I first trapped him looking frantic.
CC118526-6A90-4234-8FB2-1CE9D5467738.jpeg

Bj getting petted with a wand
E4721EE5-CBA3-43C0-B40C-C68344F6E9C9.jpeg

Then he had a few choice words for me. Lol zZj h lznguagd BJ!!!!
CFBB5FB1-8217-4632-8CF6-69E53A4DDEAB.jpeg

He kept talking too!
A49DCCAC-B609-47CA-AD0C-05AEB8ADD5D8.jpeg

By this morning he had calmed down a lot! Tank goodness he looks pretty content.
46D29CBE-1E58-405F-8C85-399FC48B61C7.jpeg

We’ hope he feels even better when he gets back home and can come in with the other kitties.

Saffron is doing okay. He has been pretty calm and may be going to the cat cafe. I would like that.
4FE25E9E-1518-4C8E-99C0-2ACD007A69F6.jpeg

Lambie looks sad to me but she is doing okay. I think once she can run around to be petted, she’ smile again. I think she is also going to the cat cafe and should be very happy there. She loved people. The more the better because then they can ALL pet her. Lol
Goodnight everyone!

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Jcatbird Jcatbird

Wow, there's always so much to read on this thread. Yes, it's sad to see Saffron and Lambie leave, but it would be great if they got into the Cat Cafe and then found their forever homes.

Only one of the kittens I sent to the Japanese Cat Cafe is still waiting for his home now. At least if they're in a cafe you know they're not caged all the time, they get chance to play with the other cats and meet the customers.

I think that must make the stress of leaving one home and going to another much easier on them.

So BJ finally went to be fixed? That's good, I hope he'll be back with you soon.

BJBird sounds like a good name for him to me.

;)

surya surya Your latest guest is so pretty. I like the name Toffee. Or how about Treacle?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BJ does look like he's saying "!!*#@$%!!!!!" in that trap. But he will forgive you. I ended up naming the Torte girl, Indie (short for Independence). Both she and Timmy, the ginger kitten tested negative for fiv/felv. They are being treated for worms and I hope that will fix Timmy's digestive problems. Indie's whiskers had been cut off. I can tell she was an inside cat, she was well behaved and very sweet.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya Whiskers cut?!?!?! :cloudy:
I am so glad you got them! Independence is a fantastic name! Love, love, love that. Very happy to hear of the good test results. That is always a relief! Yay!

Norachan Norachan There may be much more to read here in the coming weeks. I can’t go into it until I know more but it will certainly add to this saga.
If Lambie and Saffron do not go to the Cafe, they will be coming back home.
BJ did , finally go to be fixed. More on that and his return if I can stay awake tonight! Lol The next couple of weeks are liable to be tiring.

M Thomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks M Thomas, someone else mentioned that to me as well. Sounds like a good hoodlum wacker.
surya surya You're welcome. Thankfully I've never needed to use mine. "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". My first line of defense is Prayer. If God wants me to 'tie a bow on it', the tire thumper would serve that bill. :)

M Thomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol at the toilet paper. I can't help but laugh when I see my kitties unroll the TP too. When I got my finger scratched it swelled up and I couldn't move it. I was afraid it was seriously injured, but it was just fine. When I want to break up a fight, I stick my foot in or put a pillow between them. I wish everybody could just get along. :)
surya surya don't you think a squirt water gun would break up a fight too? Just a thought.

M Thomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
surya surya He is a precious baby! I am so glad you found him!

M M Thomas It’s nice to see you back here! I am glad your kittens have all recovered and everyone got spayed and neutered. Congratulations on the adoptions of Mom and some of the kittens and extra congratulations on your decision to keep the other babies. I know how strong your bond with them has become. Snuggling them on cold nights must be wonderful! :)
:vancat::catrub:
Jcatbird Jcatbird , I'm not "gone", just working on legislative matters for improvement to benefit ALL animals. There's more than one 'spoke' (adoptions) on the animal abuse wheel. As important as adoptions are, the CORE problem needs to be resolved too. There's still way more kittens/puppies being born than there are adopters. "First things first". I can even walk AND chew gum at the same time. :) I would like to see others get on this bandwagon too. Remember, www.bestfriends.org - there's power in numbers, we ALL can do MORE.

I kept the three male kittens. After these many months getting them vetted, I was back in cat mode. I couldn't have done it without your help, Jcatbird. Thank you again, my friend indeed. I call these three my "three mouskateers" (they're indoor/outdoor kittens), they hunt and I supplement with food (I even cook for them sometimes, go figure:)). the tux has large white paws, he likes to use a lot. So he's my "paw-paw" kitty. :) The other two are equally sweet and loving. The white one has the absolutely softest hair I've ever seen on a cat. All three from a Calico mom. Variety is spice of life, they say, :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M M Thomas I know you are out there advocating for animals! Yay! Please keep doing so.
I love the nickname ,” Three Mousekateers!” :lol: You have three knights in shining fur! A tux, a Ginger and a white with a touch of Mommas’ Calico. For everyone here, although I didn’t have a tux in that group, these kitties strongly remind me of my sweet Gingerbread babies. Their Mom looked a lot like their Mom. All the girls got spayed and adopted. All adopted into the same home too! Great job M Thomas! Thanks for the appreciation on the help with the others but the rescue was ALL you! I am just so happy they have found their person and that they have become such loving and funny companions. Part kitty and part bed warmers! Lol I can just imagine that silky soft fur. I love that the tux is your paw paw kitty. A million years ago I had a kitty named Paw-Paw. All great to hear and a good reminder to us all to keep working to save lives and work on the core issues at the same time. Very important! :)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
BJ does look like he's saying "!!*#@$%!!!!!" in that trap. But he will forgive you. I ended up naming the Torte girl, Indie (short for Independence). Both she and Timmy, the ginger kitten tested negative for fiv/felv. They are being treated for worms and I hope that will fix Timmy's digestive problems. Indie's whiskers had been cut off. I can tell she was an inside cat, she was well behaved and very sweet.
:yess: on testing negative & the worm treatment :jive:
:bat: to the a$$whole cutting off that poor little girls whiskers :cloudy:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , I'm not "gone", just working on legislative matters for improvement to benefit ALL animals. There's more than one 'spoke' (adoptions) on the animal abuse wheel. As important as adoptions are, the CORE problem needs to be resolved too. There's still way more kittens/puppies being born than there are adopters. "First things first". I can even walk AND chew gum at the same time. :) I would like to see others get on this bandwagon too. Remember, www.bestfriends.org - there's power in numbers, we ALL can do MORE.

I kept the three male kittens. After these many months getting them vetted, I was back in cat mode. I couldn't have done it without your help, Jcatbird. Thank you again, my friend indeed. I call these three my "three mouskateers" (they're indoor/outdoor kittens), they hunt and I supplement with food (I even cook for them sometimes, go figure:)). the tux has large white paws, he likes to use a lot. So he's my "paw-paw" kitty. :) The other two are equally sweet and loving. The white one has the absolutely softest hair I've ever seen on a cat. All three from a Calico mom. Variety is spice of life, they say, :)
:clap::clap2::camera:photos , we need lots of photos :please:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well....... new BJ update! He is home but was in hiding all day until something happened. I have him in a large cage in my living room.This is what happened.

Flowers investigates the cage.
A5F991E7-7855-4E78-9568-D701FDFA4E77.jpeg

Blue turns from a frozen stone cat into a curious cat. Was that someone he knows?
03D2ECAA-28EF-403B-A2AD-5C8A2946E414.jpeg

Flowers?!?!? My wife?
A7AB307C-041B-4EA1-BC44-FF409278661E.jpeg

I’m so glad to see you!
E0149160-3779-4561-87E0-00E0BFD6F67E.jpeg

Feeling relaxed and snuggly now!
447C28DB-6FF0-41FB-9AAF-E6911E0FCC84.jpeg

I suddenly feel like eating and drinking now !
6E904948-98DE-4D46-8A13-7E8404CBA7D4.jpeg

Okay. Time to see my girl!
093E28D0-F15C-4FAC-96C4-90E72B21BEFC.jpeg

Are you going to let me out now?
BD2EB340-1992-46B5-B120-3EA36AE5B3FC.jpeg

BJ is feeling much better now. He and Flowers were so happy to be reunited. He had no problems letting me pet him and he didn’t try to eat me even once. I guess he knows that in order to get out of prison he has to be on his best behaviour. Lol Soon BJ Bird. Soon.
Have good kitty dreams everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.