My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
,” Cat Honored After Eating Intruder To Save Mother and Innocent Kitties” Immediately after that there would be an ad sponsered by Alka Seltzer. ;):wave3:
:crackup::flail::crackup::flail::yess::lolup:

I thought I quoted the poison ivy thing as well...VERY slick! I will remember that for the future. I AM allergic to it, but there are always gloves! And should someone get in, you can always tell the police, "Look for the guy covered in poison ivy rash!"

Thanks Jcatbird. I'm a little worried about this one, because of how big his belly was. Send positive vibes that he will be OK. :)
00LitCandle.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is prepare BJ night. Uh Oh! He is supposed to be picked up by my foster friend who will transport him on Monday to the city for his neutering! My poor BJ! I really feel bad about this one. He is such a Tom cat. However, he desperately wants to come in the main part of the house with the other kitties he grew up with and he can only do that if he is fixed and starts his vetting process. After last week I don’t know if I will be able to get him in the trap! I didn’t give him his canned food tonight so he should be extra hungry by morning. Fingers and paws crossed that it works everybody. The saying goes “ fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.” Can I fool him twice? I have my doubts. I also worry about blood loss. Mine. Lol He should be fine. I’ve been feeding him in the trap but he already knows how to eat from them without setting them off. I have two different kinds ready to use. Treats are ready for breakfast. Still.....
I think he suspects something. He is banging around his room and howling. It’s raining outside and there is music booming across the night air. Maybe that is what he is noticing. I just hope he doesn’t get upset.

He’s looking around a lot.
8B1AD334-4D58-4A3F-99B8-AE7FC99AA14C.jpeg

At breakfast he let me pet him before he spread his dry food all over the room. Saving some for later?
3D4C484C-70A7-4F84-B278-0A88526EF435.jpeg

He sniffed me all over!
2185B163-9CCF-48D1-8710-DD2495C91405.jpeg

Then he pushed me away......
6876A6C8-C62D-4D46-B985-55539D0F2961.jpeg

And he gave me “the look!” :help:
84C0B748-3D9B-493F-A749-F7391FCE584C.jpeg

He’s making a lot of noise tonight! I think he knows something. If I don’t post tomorrow, you’ll know he got me......
D8238DA1-A8C6-49F7-8353-F549CD243EA7.jpeg

And ate me. :lol:

He’s actually relaxed enough to be yawning so maybe he knows he won’t be going anywhere! :rolleyes3:

I’ll post an update if he leaves and I keep my fingers.
Have a great night everybody! :catrub:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Look at that mouth !!!! I think he could eat you! Or at least take a good chunk out of your leg. Maybe you need to stick that picture around your property. Just to remind the people who might try to break in that your home is protected by BJ the Protector. :catman:

Good luck getting him in the trap. :crossfingers: I'm so looking forward to hearing stories, and seeing pictures, of him interacting with his feline friends. :catlove:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I am cracking up! I had not thought of putting that picture of BJ up to prevent activities here but it is a great idea! Maybe a picture of some wounds with it!( not caused by BJ but who will know?!) Heh BEWARE WILD ATTACK CAT! ( very dangerous large animals on site! ) ENTER at your own RISK! WARNING! We no longer accept liabilities for Injuries to people or animals or DAMAGE done to VEHICLES! Hee hee hee! Trespassers will be eaten! Do not exit your vehicle. :fear:
BB06D89B-E9D0-45ED-ABB3-2A50785D604E.jpeg

:help:
9B32219B-2080-4392-87A8-40037E855AE8.jpeg

Do not enter Panther gates!:noway:
B297AF1A-B7D0-4F9C-9F31-6F8C993B9514.jpeg

:lolup: It might work....;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BJ did go for neutering.
Today has also turned out to be a goodbye day I was not expecting. The shelter finally allowed for two more to go for adoption. I had not been prepared to send two today and the ones I had hoped to send next were deemed “ not quite ready” . Because I had obligated to send two and can’t lose my standing with this shelter and because it looks like previous cats sent not being adopted.? They may return here) I had to make a very sad clice. It is a choice I have avoided for a long time but feared it would come. I had to let go of two from the previous colony. I gave up getting them adopted out long ago and had accepted them as family. With 5 at this time on the shelter and 28 here the total is 33 cats I am responsible for. Because of their need for proper health care and loving attention I made the heartbreaking decision to let Lambie and Saffron go to try and find a better place. I wish I could afford to keep them all but because I am getting older and there are so many, the fact is, I had to let highly socialized kitties go. If they don’t find homes, they will return.

My Little Lambie
19446195-6F7C-4C9C-8B1E-A0D0E749F2B7.jpeg

May she find someone who treats her like the gentle lamb she is and laugh at the meow that sounds like baaaaa.
966018F1-69B9-4843-A3CC-9475858D537F.jpeg

Handsome Saffron.
E076A5DF-CF69-4130-9C47-C8E1DC96BF0B.jpeg

My gentle giant kitten.
4838AEC9-EC05-49A9-93F2-813B646A5DCD.jpeg

It truly is a stormy day.

Last edited:

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that BJ went for neutering, but I can hear the sadness in your message about letting Lambie and Saffron go. I am looking at their sweet faces and feeling very sad, too. Knowing it is the best thing, the right thing, doesn't make it easy to do. I don't always chime in, but I follow your postings and love your photos -- you are a great inspiration to feral cat folks. Keep up the good work and let us know how BJ does post-surgery.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at that mouth !!!! I think he could eat you! Or at least take a good chunk out of your leg. Maybe you need to stick that picture around your property. Just to remind the people who might try to break in that your home is protected by BJ the Protector. :catman:

Good luck getting him in the trap. :crossfingers: I'm so looking forward to hearing stories, and seeing pictures, of him interacting with his feline friends. :catlove:
:yeah: :clap::clap2::goldstar::goodluck::cheerleader::bouquet:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I am cracking up! I had not thought of putting that picture of BJ up to prevent activities here but it is a great idea! Maybe a picture of some wounds with it!( not caused by BJ but who will know?!) Heh BEWARE WILD ATTACK CAT! ( very dangerous large animals on site! ) ENTER at your own RISK! WARNING! We no longer accept liabilities for Injuries to people or animals or DAMAGE done to VEHICLES! Hee hee hee! Trespassers will be eaten! Do not exit your vehicle. :fear:View attachment 264552
:help:
View attachment 264553
Do not enter Panther gates!:noway:
View attachment 264554
:lolup: ....;)
It might work especially the first and last picture!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
BJ did go for neutering.
Today has also turned out to be a goodbye day I was not expecting. The shelter finally allowed for two more to go for adoption. I had not been prepared to send two today and the ones I had hoped to send next were deemed “ not quite ready” . Because I had obligated to send two and can’t lose my standing with this shelter and because it looks like previous cats sent not being adopted.? They may return here) I had to make a very sad clice. It is a choice I have avoided for a long time but feared it would come. I had to let go of two from the previous colony. I gave up getting them adopted out long ago and had accepted them as family. With 5 at this time on the shelter and 28 here the total is 33 cats I am responsible for. Because of their need for proper health care and loving attention I made the heartbreaking decision to let Lambie and Saffron go to try and find a better place. I wish I could afford to keep them all but because I am getting older and there are so many, the fact is, I had to let highly socialized kitties go. If they don’t find homes, they will return.

My Little Lambie
View attachment 264572
May she find someone who treats her like the gentle lamb she is and laugh at the meow that sounds like baaaaa.
View attachment 264573
Handsome Saffron.
View attachment 264574
My gentle giant kitten.
View attachment 264575
It truly is a stormy day.
:alright::hugs::hugs::heartshape::goldstar::bouquet::grouphug::grouphug2::vibes::vibes::vibes::hangin:
Hoping all goes well for all three, really looking forward to reading about my first and middle initials brother BJ socializing with his friends he protected outside for so long before turning the reins over to you.:crossfingers::crossfingers::heartshape::touched:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I saw that about the tornado there on the news. I hope no deaths! I also hope you had no damage. Stay safe!
I know BJ will love being with his last two wives! Lol Other friends as well. Children possibly too! Maybe BJ should have a middle initial too! Any suggestions?

I have spent the rest of my day trying to help a new rescuer find help. DasKatzchen DasKatzchen is trying to save some sweet kittens. Everyone Please check it out or post any rescue links you know of. They are semi feral. Darling pictures too!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I saw that about the tornado there on the news. I hope no deaths! I also hope you had no damage. Stay safe!
I know BJ will love being with his last two wives! Lol Other friends as well. Children possibly too! Maybe BJ should have a middle initial too! Any suggestions?

I have spent the rest of my day trying to help a new rescuer find help. DasKatzchen DasKatzchen is trying to save some sweet kittens. Everyone Please check it out or post any rescue links you know of. They are semi feral. Darling pictures too!
We were north of the tornadoes. Well, B is his 1st name, J is his middle-name and his last name is the same as yours .

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As you know, I quickly developed a soft spot in my heart for Saffron. :lovecat2: So I share your sadness at letting him, and Lambie, go to find their fur-ever homes. :sniffle:

But I also know you are doing the wise and responsible thing for these kitties, and have been for so long. Your daughter would be so proud of you. :hearthrob:

Glad to hear BJ is enroute for neutering, and that his tom cat status will soon be updated to silly, spoiled lovable housecat. :catlove:

DasKatzchen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you indeed. As mentioned, I will take any help possible regarding these cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.